Feel weak often?

Options
2»

Replies

• Synchronicity
    Synchronicity Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Good suggestion for the cottage cheese! I don't know why I hadn't thought of that!
    Last year my doctor told me to only eat one egg a week because I have high cholesterol (despite consuming virtually no cholesterol?!), so unfortunately, despite LOVING eggs, I try to limit them.

I am not a doctor, so take what I say with a grain of salt, but egg cholesterol will not harm you. Recent studies have shown that eggs, while high in cholesterol, will not raise your level of LDL (bad cholesterol).

Eggs are fine... UNLESS you happen to be predisposed to high cholesterol due to genetics. For most of us, dietary cholesterol is no big deal. We make cholesterol anyway, so if we eat it, we either make less or we get rid of the extra we don't need in our feces. And you are correct that recent studies and recent opinions align with yours. HOWEVER if the OP's doctor said to avoid them, then the OP should listen to her doctor. If she thinks her doctor is wrong, she should get a second opinion from a qualified medical professional, and not base her decision on what she's reading on MFP. No offense meant to anyone, of course... but... even if someone is a qualified professional, they shouldn't be giving medical advice to a stranger online.

Egg whites, however, provide protein without the cholesterol. They are not as awesome as a whole egg, but they are a good way to sneak in some protein.

I agree with those that say: more protein and more fat. You won't regret it. Use your veggies to add bulk, since quantity works better for you, but eat that protein in whatever form you feel most comfortable.
  • stephweeks
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone so far for all the replies!
    Quick update: I've upped my protein (snuck in a few extra eggs out of desperation, but just went shopping and got some great non-egg sources: tofu, tempeh, quinoa, raw nuts, nut butters, cottage cheese, avacado), so we'll see if that helps.

I went to my regular yoga class on two days ago and really struggled to get through the class. That's NOT like me. I couldn't hold poses for very long because my muscles felt really weak.
    Then I weighed myself two days later--and have lost 4.5lbs in 14 days. So I think I may also need to up my calories a bit too, since that is MUCH faster than I intended. I don't have much to lose, so I'm fine with it coming off real slow if I means I have enough strength to work out more!!
    I also have a doctor's appointment coming up in two weeks. I'll be sure to tell her my symptoms and ask her about all the things you guys have mentioned: anemia, iron deficiency anemia, and most of all CAN I PLEASE EAT MORE EGGS????? (shout-out to both uconnwinsnc and Dr._RBC!)

Again, just wanted to thank everyone for putting in the time to respond! Happy Turkey day and keep up your amazing hard work!!
  • Sierra_Mitchell
    Sierra_Mitchell Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I used to have the same problem..I began feeing weak and started getting weaker. It led to me getting ill and collapsing due to dizziness and exhaustion. I then had many tests. They found out I was anemic(low iron counts). Now I take iron vitamins and feel much better. I would recommend talking to your doctor.