if you have nice teeth

Options

Replies

• RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I am also a dental assistant and people with nice teeth are rare. So the ones that come in and clearly brush their teeth are a shocker to us.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    My dentist is wicked hot, so nothing he says comes off as creepy, just sexy :laugh:
  • 2Heavy2Long
    2Heavy2Long Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    yeah-baby-austin-powers.jpg
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    yes haha! i'm glad someone else feels this way :laugh:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's creepy. But the hygienists might think I'm creepy. Getting my teeth cleaned is like getting a massage. I just lie there and close my eyes and relax. Sometimes I come close to falling asleep. I :heart: it!
  • ZombieGeezUs
    Options
    I am also a dental assistant and people with nice teeth are rare. So the ones that come in and clearly brush their teeth are a shocker to us.

I knew that it may get bad sometimes, but I didn't know nice teeth were rare
  • RaggedyPond
    Options
    "You got a might fine #14 right there! The cusp of carabelli is exquisite!"
  • ZombieGeezUs
    Options
    I don't think it's creepy. But the hygienists might think I'm creepy. Getting my teeth cleaned is like getting a massage. I just lie there and close my eyes and relax. Sometimes I come close to falling asleep. I :heart: it!

As long as you don't moan
  • ZombieGeezUs
    Options
    Its MUCH creepier to be complimented by your Gyno. Believe me.

Lol I need an example!

Well, one said that I have a very beautiful v-word. Then the next one said that I have textbook anatomy. Just kind of creepy to be in the stirrups and all cold and uncomfortable and they're admiring my insides like I'm not a person. Just a different kind of objectification I guess.

Well...yes that is creepy lol. It could be worse. They could say it is awful...
  • bunnybutler29
    Options
    Okay so my gyno was also my mother's gyno when she was younger....wait thats not all. To top it off the last visit I had with him he kept telling me how cute I was and how he liked girls that looked like me.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I went to college with my dentist so she can say whatever. But my hygienist doesn't stop complimenting me on my smile, and we lived in a small town so get to run into her a lot, so I have to smile every time I see her out of obligation, I feel like.
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Umm... When redoing a filling, my dentist told the assistant to be sure to put in the white filling, because "A pretty girl needs to keep her teeth pretty." Does that count? (Or should I point out that he's old enough to be my dad to make it creepy?)
  • CharChary
    CharChary Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    oh yeah..

my orthodontist refers to my teeth as his work a lot too haha takes a lot of credit. Which I guess he should... but still!
  • RaggedyPond
    Options
    Dentists are fond of their work. My dentist later became my teacher and he did my exam 10 years later. He spent extra time checking everything admiring his work. I have had other dentists also admiring my fixed retainer. Appearently my dentist and teacher did an amazing job.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I wish I had nice teeth, but I don't. I may get cosmetic dentry of some sort before I retire. Not sure. It's not like anyone can see my teeth. I've always been accused by my wife and daughters of not smiling, but, honestly, if I try to force a smile, I look like a serial killer.
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    My dentist is also a friend and she complains every time I go in that I'm not making her any money!! At nearly 40 years old, I've never had a cavity and I never needed braces. Not sure how I won the genetic jackpot that is my naturally great smile, but I'm certainly not complaining!!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Its MUCH creepier to be complimented by your Gyno. Believe me.

Lol I need an example!

Well, one said that I have a very beautiful v-word. Then the next one said that I have textbook anatomy. Just kind of creepy to be in the stirrups and all cold and uncomfortable and they're admiring my insides like I'm not a person. Just a different kind of objectification I guess.

oh man I know this feeling. Dealing with an unwanted early term pregnancy at 35 yrs old and they were all gathering around "ooh your uterus is SO perfect are you sure you don't want to have kids? I can't believe you're over thirty. Look at this, Pam" (points at ultrasound screen). And nope it wasn't one of those creepy places trying to get you to continue the pregnancy, either.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I live in Arkansas so, when I go to the dentist, he obviously is impressed that I still have all of mine. lol
  • 1_JR_1
    1_JR_1 Posts: 179
    Options
    Last time I was at the dentist--getting my wisdom teeth pulled--he said, "you're going to feel a little prick in your mouth". I laughed and said that he hadn't even given me any nitrous yet. I woke up after the procedure and just kept hoping that it was dry saliva I was feeling on my face.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :sad: :sad: :sad: