Why do you dread Thanksgiving?

Options

Replies

• dirty_dirty_eater
    dirty_dirty_eater Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    We were starting to dread it a few years ago. Everyone was dying off or divorcing (both, in one case) so it starts not to feel all that festive.
    Then we started taking vacations on Thanksgiving. Several years we stayed at a local resort (Phoenix) at cheap off season rates and just enjoyed the pool and exercise room.
    This year, the RV is packed and we'll be on the beach for Thanksgiving.

It works for us.
  • cursiny
    cursiny Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    This year I am dreading the gluten! Makes me feel horrible and don't want to eat it, but it looks and tastes so good!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    One word.......SODIUM

you DREAD sodium?
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    Because my family is completely insane.

Yeah, yeah, everyone says their family is crazy, I get it. BUT try having a family function where you sit across from your father new girlfriend that is a 22 year old heroin addict (I'm 31 btw) and then you can get on my level.

Is she hot, I mean, for a heroin addict?

:devil:

She looks like a heroin addict....
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    We were starting to dread it a few years ago. Everyone was dying off or divorcing (both, in one case) so it starts not to feel all that festive.
    Then we started taking vacations on Thanksgiving. Several years we stayed at a local resort (Phoenix) at cheap off season rates and just enjoyed the pool and exercise room.
    This year, the RV is packed and we'll be on the beach for Thanksgiving.

It works for us.

Sounds awesome!
  • kenzietate
    kenzietate Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    The only thing I dread is the turkey! I love the holiday and seeing my family! But being faced with not one but two extremely dry birds is just not appealing in the least! I love the rest of the food though so I can deal! :)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    The only part I dread is that my nephew's baby-mama is going to be there.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Love that people dread the holidays

"OH NOES, FOOD"

FFS
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I'm dreading the hangover on Friday, but Thanksgiving? Bring it on.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

touchc3a9.gif
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

I'm dreading the hangover I'll have on Thanksgiving.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I love my family and have a healthy relationship with food so I'm not miserable during this holiday.
    Me, too.

I love Thanksgiving. And Christmas.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I dread it because the turkey is overcooked and the rest of the food is undercooked.
    And everything is varying temperatures....

Thankfully I like dark meat so my aunt can't kill that part too easily lol XD

I also kind of dread Thanksgiving and Christmas this year because my grandfather passed away earlier this year and it's going to be really hard not having him around (even though he was obnoxious)
  • MuscleAndMascara
    MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I'm excited for it! Family time, Food, Laughter, Food... :D I will not be logging on that day I'm sure.. and you know what... I don't care
    :laugh: :drinker:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    G-D DAMN GIBLET GRAVY...that's like being forced to eat the devil's toe cheese. Bleck who invented that monstrosity?
  • jillianash
    jillianash Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    It's a holiday honored with copious amounts of food... I'm a fan.

Those that dread it should GTFO to CANADA!!!

ExtrasGiggle.gif

We celebrate Thanksgiving in Canada.....
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    my stomach doesn't have a large enough capacity for me to eat the amount of food that I want to eat, this makes me sad every year.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I love Thanksgiving. Love seeing family I don't get to see much. Love the multitude and variety of food. Love being in a warm house, laughing and joking around with my sister and mom.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    i don't necessarily dread it, but it's like a forced gathering...then add alcohol in the mix...shiz can get crazy, or really well, i never know. just gonna have to wait and find out
  • _funrungirl
    _funrungirl Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I love the actual day and spending it with family. I dread days of leftovers.