Logging on Thanksgiving

Options
How many of you are actually planning on logging everything you eat on Thanksgiving? I've been pretty good about logging every day for almost a month now, and I want to keep it up, but I think I might drive myself crazy if I try to log every single thing on Thursday... Thoughts?

Replies

• SRDB00
    SRDB00 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I believe last year I logged everything I ate even if I didnt know the exact calories I just took the highest calories listed in the MFP database and yes it felt obsessive. I am just going to log 3000 quick calories, eat in moderation and enjoy myself on Thanksgiving and Christmas this year.
  • briandahawaiian
    briandahawaiian Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm not gonna be too strict about it but will probably do quick calorie adds! but we will see when it happens :)
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    How many of you are actually planning on logging everything you eat on Thanksgiving? I've been pretty good about logging every day for almost a month now, and I want to keep it up, but I think I might drive myself crazy if I try to log every single thing on Thursday... Thoughts?

If I do end up going ... NO, I'll be too inebriated ... but I have a race that morning and will have to be up at 5:00am to get there on time, I'll already be tired ... Plus, I like to stay for the awards (Since, I usually win something (usually first in age group ... I'm under 23:00, but have recently been under 22:00 in my practice 5Ks) ... So I won't be leaving until around 10:00 and the to get home showered and changed ... eh, might not be worth the hassle ...
  • Makoce
    Makoce Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Im going to eyeball it and log.
    do some exercise and attempt to be under.
    but eh. i just logged in advance what i think im gonna eat and leave the rest as it happens
  • BossLadyDSimp
    BossLadyDSimp Posts: 257 Member
    Options

I am! I like to really know what is going in my body and hold myself accountable. Also if I gain or lose small amounts even though I have been eating right and working out the other 6 days of the week, it helps to see how wrong I really went.

I may even compare it to the next year ... I am not going to weigh things (becuase I wont be home) but i am going to record as best as I can.

Hope that helps

50540473.png
  • BossLadyDSimp
    BossLadyDSimp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    IVE SEEN "BUT EH" TWICE! Perfectly stated ... Eh give it your best shot ... make it a cheat day ... as long as you are even thinking about this, I think that means you've come far!

50540473.png
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I'm Canadian so it's not Thankgiving for us this week, however I do log EVERYTHING whether it's a special occasion, holiday, birthday etc. Even if I plan to go all go, forget about calories for the day, I still log (usually at the end of the day before bed I'll attempt to tally it all up as best as I can). I like to know how many calories I actually consume on those days, it's a great reality check. For me it's a good reminder of how much I used to eat compared to now.
  • RozayJones
    RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I believe last year I logged everything I ate even if I didnt know the exact calories I just took the highest calories listed in the MFP database and yes it felt obsessive. I am just going to log 3000 quick calories, eat in moderation and enjoy myself on Thanksgiving and Christmas this year.

Do you remember what is came up to? Was it close to 3000 calories? I don't know if I should eyeball it, not log at all or just log quick cals? Guess I am a little lost lol
  • Elif84
    Elif84 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I don't usually log on holidays. I'm so focused on everything that's going on with the family that I forget to log!
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I will be mindful, but I'm not logging. I have two Thanksgivings to attend this year. I want to focus on family. I'll probably quick-log 3000 calories both days.

ETA; I'm planning on some long walks both days.
  • Dino_bacon2112
    Dino_bacon2112 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I plan on getting on MFP if only to keep my post count and troll a little. Not a single thing will go into my diary.
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    As the last 2-3 weeks have not been very good, I have been stress eating but I am maintaining!! I will try to log everything. I am actually going to pre log as I am making things on Wednesday night as I am making the majority of the food. I am also swapping certain ingredients for healthier options so this will help too. I definitely plan on using my food scale!
  • bumbambi
    bumbambi Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank god we don't celebrate Thanksgiving! Oh the extra cals... Good luck to you all though ;)
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I will log, but I won't pre-log like I do every other day. I usually eat breakfast however I want, log it and what I plan for dinner at the same time, and eat lunch according to what's left. For Thanksgiving I plan on eating whatever and however much I want (normally not that much anyway), then logging later to see how much less I need to eat the following week.

An idea I just had was to pre-log my calorie limit for the rest of the week each day as Quick Add Calories so I can check my weekly calorie goals on the application. I'll adjust tomorrow's calories as I eat them, assume I'll eat my entire 1770 Friday-Sunday, and get an estimate of how many I'll have left for Thursday.

It really helps to be the cook so you can put in the recipes and figure out how much of each thing you can eat before you do it.
  • KeViN_v2pt0
    KeViN_v2pt0 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Just a reminder: one pound of fat is the caloric equivalent of one turkey dinner- about 3500 Calories.

If you are 30 pounds overweight, you are carrying around 30 past turkey dinners.

You sure about that?

Youre turkey dinner might be 3500 another persons turkey dinner might be 1500 and my turkey dinner might be around 7000.

^^ If this bothers you or you care about the numbers....you should actually log it and not guess. If you dont care whether or not 1 day is going to ruin a months (or several) worth of work, then dont log it.
  • Sdotthickums
    Sdotthickums Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I will log everything and take my butt to the gym early morning so i don't feel bad !!
  • dettiot
    dettiot Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm running a 5K on Thanksgiving morning. They're calling for windy cold conditions and I hate running outside in cold conditions, so I'm going to reward myself by logging my exercise and being mindful of my eating, but not worrying too much about actually logging. I'm good about logging, so I figure I can take a day off here and there without hurting my weight loss.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try to log everything just because I want the 10K calories that I'm aiming for legit.

Rigger
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I am, mostly because I'm excited to see just how many calories ALL THE FOODZ is! :D
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Yes. I have done it the last 3 years and will do it again. Last year was the first year I did not log on Christmas. We'll see about this year.