Logging on Thanksgiving

Options

Replies

• sammyantics
    sammyantics Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to try to do the ol' eyeball-log so I don't help myself to thirds, fourths, etc. Seconds are a given. This will be the first year I'll be around more food than people. My aunt usually makes enough for everyone to have one modestly full plate and second helpings of some stuff, but that's it.

This year, I'm going to my boyfriend's parents' place, and it'll just be the four of us, but apparently his mom cooks for 12 or something crazy. If I don't try to log I will just go nuts and hate myself on Friday. No thanks.

Good luck to everyone else out there!
  • BossLadyDSimp
    BossLadyDSimp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Yes. I have done it the last 3 years and will do it again. Last year was the first year I did not log on Christmas. We'll see about this year.

I say if you've done it before you probably don't need to do it ... I have never logged on a holiday so I am interested to see what it actually comes out to be

50540473.png
  • tamcrit
    tamcrit Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I have a 7 mile run planned for Thanksgiving morning, so I plan to log my exercise calorie burn to have some calories in the bank. I will likely log my other meals for the day, but not the Thanksgiving dinner. I am planning to eat my usual meals and snacks during the rest of the day and just make dinner as close to a regular dinner as possible, eating some of my favorites in moderation, enjoying a few glasses of wine, and just enjoying the day. Since I do not eat most of the traditional Thanksgiving foods any other day of the year, I figure as long as I have some in moderation, get in some good exercise Thursday and again Friday morning, one day is not going to ruin my progress. I plan to relax and enjoy the day and get back on the program the next day.
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    There is no point, lol. Just put down a quick add of 2,000 calories and don't worry about it. :P
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 1.5 hours of combat class in the morning, lifting and maybe insanity. too much?? Perhaps, but i'll feel better :~)

I'm just going to guesstimate and not worry if I miss something.. I plan on getting totally back on track the following week..
  • Vex3521
    Vex3521 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Not only logging... but working out too. It's a holiday.... doesn't mean I have to derail what I'm working towards but it doesn't mean I have to suffer either.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Since I don't do the cooking I have no idea what the calorie content of most of the food I'll be eating really is. I'm also not that OCD about it. I have a 5K cross country race that morning so I'll skip logging the exercise calories and just log 2000 quick calories and enjoy myself.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    i'll be too busy eating and drinking to log.

logging is getting tossed out for the day...
    sr86e.gif
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I plan on getting on MFP if only to keep my post count and troll a little. Not a single thing will go into my diary.

+1
  • LosingItForGood13
    LosingItForGood13 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Whatever goes in my mouth will be logged and Im sure I will be over my 1350 calories
  • lisadlocks
    lisadlocks Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I plan on going to the gym Thursday morning. I will log that in. Everything else will have to be an estimate since I don't know the ingredients in the food/places where I am going to eat. I will probably pick the highest calorie food item I can find that matches what I ate and estimate the portion since I won't have scales, meauring cups or spoons. I do plan on trying small amounts of everything except desserts.(I will not be eating any). I also may increase veggies and cut back on carbohydrates/starches. I want the discipline and I want to see my reality so I am logging it in! Happy Thanksgiving!:drinker:
  • iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I swear it's been thanksgiving in America for like 3 weeks now. Holy crap, can we move on please?
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Search> Thanksgiving.

Or just start 300 threads a day on Thanksgiving.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,996 Member
    Options
    I'll log at the end of the day, but I won't be doing all of the cooking, and I won't be measuring, so it will be more of an estimate than usual. I'm not going to worry about going over my daily calorie target, or even over maintenance (I've only been slightly over maintenance two days since August, so I'm OK with going over by 500 or even 1000 calories for the day for Thanksgiving). Still, I want to log so I'll have my best estimate of just how much over I am. I haven't been in the habit of eating until I'm uncomfortably full on the holidays, and I generally only have seconds on a few dishes that I really want, but I will have dessert, and probably some alcohol, which are sources of extra calories I don't have on a daily basis.
  • Chibi2Chula
    Options
    I am definitely logging in everything on Thanksgiving. Holidays always break me! Not this time! I'm fighting for what I truly want, which is to lose weight!
  • Krista916
    Options
    I'm gonn alog it all. It won't be the first time I go over my calories...
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I found this interesting LOL

http://walking.about.com/library/cal/blthanksgivingcalories.htm

it's a "thanksgiving day meal calorie counter"

Of course I wouldn't go by this since who knows what it takes into account. But it is interesting. I was checking everything lol bahaha!!! And don't attack me ppl this is just a light hearted post.
  • ChaQuel
    ChaQuel Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm going to log everything just to see how much damage I've caused than hit the Gym first thing Friday morning. Well basically I will have to live in the Gym next week because I know the scale is not going to be friendly to me:ohwell:
  • jzwilliams23
    Options
    im going to log it. or at least try to.. i plan on eating of a smaller plate so i wont eat as much. i think i may hit the gym for about a hour or so just to even it out.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    There is no point, lol. Just put down a quick add of 2,000 calories and don't worry about it. :P

2,000?!?! don't forget to eat dinner!