Have you ever been knocked up? Share, please!

Options
13»

Replies

• Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Please answer the following questions for my sanity's sake. :laugh:

1. What were your first symptoms of pregnancy (I'm okay with tmi)?

2. How far along were you when you tested positive on a home pregnancy test?

Thank you! I'm losing my mind right now and I need some affirmation (or not).

1. I just knew. Knew it in my heart. With my first I had a revelation while vaccuming the floor and thought I am going to have a little boy. Found out at about 4.5 to 5 weeks with all 3. Sore boobs came after, always my first symptom and a little more discharge and your smell is different. Not bad, it's you , just stronger. I always tested a few days before my period was due first thing in the morning first urine, important. Good luck. Are you trying to have a baby?
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    Please answer the following questions for my sanity's sake. :laugh:

1. What were your first symptoms of pregnancy (I'm okay with tmi)?

2. How far along were you when you tested positive on a home pregnancy test?

Thank you! I'm losing my mind right now and I need some affirmation (or not).

My first symptom was my face breaking out in bad hives. They burned and itched and I think it was just from the chemical imbalance or something. I had a dream that I was at a park, sitting on a swing crying. My husband walked up to me and asked me if I was okay. Then a little girl said don't worry, those are happy tears.
    The day after my missed period I took a test because my cycle was like clock work. That was two days after the dream.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I clicked this thread thinking someone had started a new game..ssheesh!:laugh:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options

I mean... I guess it can be a game if you want it to be. I managed to get out of the house this morning *without* peeing on a stick for the first time in a week, but bets are on for the results Wednesday morning (which I imagine is when I'm going to break & test again). :wink: My boobs are a little sore/sensitive now along with all the other symptoms I've had since Saturday before last (cramps/bloating/fatigue/discharge(ew)/slight occasional queasiness). But maybe that's because of how much I've been grabbing them to see if they're sore. :laugh:

As for an update -- still no TOM, still testing negative, and still feel pretty darn pregnant. It's really fun not knowing! Seriously though, I've calmed way down about it. My husband and I are actually hoping I am at this point. But we'll be just fine if I'm not, too. :smile:
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    1. I was tired all the time. Not like the "oh I was up late and need a rest" like I had a FULL nights sleep and still couldn't keep my eyes open half the time. Couldn't hardly function I was so tired at first. Then came the nausea but only if I woke up early and was woken by an alarm/person, if I was allowed to sleep until I naturally woke up I was fine.

2. I took one pregnancy test as soon as I suspect... negative. One about 3 days later... negative. One another 3 days later... positive... and 6 more before going to the doctor 3 days later lol.

Give it about 3-5 days and take another if it's negative give it a few more days and try again.
    I know what you're going through... mine is currently 13 days late and I'm testing negative lol.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,181 Member
    Options
    One of the first things I noticed when I got preggos with both my kids, besides the extreme tiredness and sore boobs, was that my nipples looked puffy (this occurred a week or so before my TOM). Plus I just felt weird/different, but couldn't put my finger on it. I knew for certain I was pregnant about two weeks after my period was due via HPT.
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options

it's called chit-chat, fun, and games....I think it's more of the chit-chat category than fun and games
  • sherry_80
    sherry_80 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    well with my 3rd pregnancy the doctor didn't know it. i had to wait almost 4 months after seeing the doctor to confirm. and i had to go to plan parenthood to get a test, and it was positive. then go to the ob.
    By that time, the ob didn't know when i got pregnant and he had to go by the size of the baby to determine the time frame( due date).
    I was breastfeeding my other child and he was a drinker, He had to stop cold turkey because it was affecting the fetus.
    That's i found out you cant breastfeed and be pregnant at the same time.

I had no immediate symptoms

The only thing that i remember was i couldn't drink orange juice or it would trigger vomiting - really bad.
    I was very very tired, sleepy during the afternoons.
    syatic nerves, on my back were killing me. the weight of pregnancy was pinching a nerve on my back.
  • sherry_80
    sherry_80 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Oh i forgot i didnt gain any weight.
  • reesepieces
    reesepieces Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I noticed cuz I cried like a baby while watching Charm School with Monique. I had headaches and heartburn. Never really had morning sickness.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure it's a no-go ladies. Looks like TOM is beginning to rear its (extraordinarily) ugly head after 40 days. My normal cycle is generally 26 or 27 days. Nutso.
    I'm actually a little bummed but on the other hand I'm excited about drinking beer again in the near future as well as not having a humongous, unexpected, lifelong responsibility arrive in a mere 9 months. :laugh: This experience has been a helpful, albeit very uncomfortable, one though. I think dh and I are more ready for a child than we thought. :smile:

Thanks for all the help!