What about your diet today do you regret?

Options
Regret gets us nowhere. But this is just sort of vent for those of us that feel we got of track in one way or another today.

for me...I ate my afternoon snack right after lunch. not a big deal. however, i know it was related to emotional eating (very stressed right now), and that is not good. I must be cognizant of why I am eating...fueling my body or fueling my emotions.

perhaps "regret" is too strong of a word. Instead, let's just say "what would you have done differently?"

Replies

• Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    You going to do these every day? Live your life with no regrets. Just look forward.
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Nothing today, Since I have yet to even put food in me.. I havent had breakfast yet or ne thing. I woke up full from last nights eating badly so yea I worked it off today with a early morning workout. Im feeling pretty good and confident today :)
  • rosemary98
    Options
    You going to do these every day? Live your life with no regrets. Just look forward.

not everyday ;) but maybe a few more. sometimes to say/write it keeps one aware of the misstep. It is self-indulgent i know.
  • angulasalajillo
    Options
    I just ate a little bag of Maltesers... :embarassed:
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I had 5 slices of fruit loaf at 99cals each and for that amount of cals I could have had a huge cous cous salad that I love to eat. Grr...
  • rosemary98
    Options
    I had 5 slices of fruit loaf at 99cals each and for that amount of cals I could have had a huge cous cous salad that I love to eat. Grr...

fruit loaf...as in fruit cake? i love fruit cake.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I suppose this is marginally better than the one where everyone feels guilty for eating food.

Honestly though, I didn't (and don't) do it like this. I aim for progress rather than perfection. I prefer focusing on what I'm doing better and better. Like, today I'm proud of the act I pushed myself out of the door to run even though I've been out of action for a week through illness, and I'm still tired today and would rather have stayed inside in the warm. But I got out there and ran, and felt great. Yesterday, I got a lot closer to hitting my protein target than I usually do.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Ok, I take it back, it looks like this is going to be a duplicate of the "eat food and feel guilty" thread. :indifferent:
  • oc1timoco
    oc1timoco Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Regret is a very powerful emotion, very difficult to live with. Unlike mistakes which happen simply because we made a poor choice due to a level of knowledge. Regrets happen because we know we are doing the wrong thing. In either case they are treated the same in that we don't repeat them. I am a compulsive over eater myself and getting a handle on the why it is done can lead to a long time of analysis and no action. One day I just let go of all the things holding me back, some of it hurt, some not. Either way I'm better for it today. If I want to eat for a reason other than hunger, I find something else to do. ( I have a very clean house)
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I regret it, but I ate the marshmallows that were supposed to go on top of the candied yams for Thanksgiving tomorrow. Now I have to go buy some more.
  • tonynguyen75
    tonynguyen75 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    ccb.gif
  • rosemary98
    Options
    I suppose this is marginally better than the one where everyone feels guilty for eating food.

Honestly though, I didn't (and don't) do it like this. I aim for progress rather than perfection. I prefer focusing on what I'm doing better and better. Like, today I'm proud of the act I pushed myself out of the door to run even though I've been out of action for a week through illness, and I'm still tired today and would rather have stayed inside in the warm. But I got out there and ran, and felt great. Yesterday, I got a lot closer to hitting my protein target than I usually do.

I agree postive thinking is far more productive than negative thinking. I am not promoting negative thoughts or that one should feel guilty about anything they eat. it is just a vent thread for people who think they made a bad choice. But the result (I hope) is that the bad choice won't be repeated by acknowledging it.

I acknowledged that I ate due to emotion. I don't plan to dwell on it. Perhaps I should have titled the thread something with less of a negative conotation.
  • jaimedejean
    Options
    Kudos to you, man!!! I find that finding other things to think about and do is so hard!!! What will you do tomorrow (Thanksgiving)? This is something I have been struggling with all week! I don't know if I should just let myself enjoy the day and then regret it later, or do a "controlled cheat" or miserably force myself to stick to my diet program while watching everyone else eat what they want!!! so so difficult!
  • Grendel07
    Grendel07 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    i ate a bagel today.

i cant resist sometimes!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    The bread I had at lunch. Too many calories, but it was good and I was starving!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    i ate a bagel today.

i cant resist sometimes!
    What's wrong with bagels? I eat them daily.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I regret nothing today, nor the 1400 calorie dinner I had yesterday that put me at close to 3000 calories for the day. I was LIVING my life.

Regret nothing.
  • alywei37
    Options
    I gave into my pms and went absolutely out of control. Out of control to the extent i ate a twix bar, fried food, and chocolate cheese cake (a mini cake not a slice). This of course BEFORE i had plans to go out to drink tonight AND the day before the thanksgiving dinner i was preparing for. It is horrendous. I did it i regret it and im moving on....right after i stop being queasy.

Back to it on Friday:/
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I regret getting honeycomb syrup in my cappuccino this afternoon.

I should've stuck with gingerbread.
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    yep fruit cake slices. It was in slices like a loaf of bread and it was lovely. Toasted with so strawberry jam on top. Me and the kids loved that breakfast!