how to burn a quick 100 calories at work????

Options
13»

Replies

• Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I cant go outside because its raining so no walking!!

they have this new invention called an umbrella.

Agree. Unless it's raining acid, I would go for a quick 15 minute walk/run.
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I cant go outside because its raining so no walking!!

they have this new invention called an umbrella.

Maybe she will melt!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    240 squats burns 72 calories? Really? Where did you get that from?

Btw I don't do rude/sarcastic I'm being genuine.

lmao!!! love your btw!!! its a calculator i found online: http://www.livestrong.com/article/313995-calories-burned-during-squats/

To calculate the amount of calories you burn while doing squats without additional weights, multiply your weight by .096. Take the answer and multiply it by the amount of minutes you perform the exercise. For instance, if you weigh 160 lbs. and you take 15 minutes to complete your squats, you will burn approximately 230 calories.
    Uh, no. A livestrong article with no citations is not a valid source. If you really think you can burn that many calories just doing bodyweight squats, then I'm sorry, but you aren't.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I weigh 212. I'm almost certain I wouldn't burn 20 calories per minute doing squats. I'm sorry to sound so pessimistic but I just can't see how??

I am wondering the same thing. Even on the highest levels and resistance on the elliptical, I still only get up to maybe 12 per minute.
  • sharitapita
    sharitapita Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Punching gets your heart rate up really quickly. Squat while you do it to burn extra calories and work those muscles!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Why exactly do you need to burn 100 calories (no more- no less!)
  • VelvetMorning
    VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/article-detail/How-many-Calories-does-Fidgeting-Burn-Fidgeting-for-Weight-Loss/a8/

"On average, it can burn between 300-350 extra calories per day, though that number will vary widely depending on how intensely one does it, what kinds of activities an individual takes part in (a chronic pacer would burn more calories than a habitual foot tapper), and individual bodily specifics such as baseline fitness level, weight and muscle content."

lol, better than the bazillion squats thing?
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Get a Fitbit and watch how much calories just 'helping in the kitchen for two hours' burns.

Or boff the boss.

Or leave and go to the mall.

I guess I have a unique job situation.