Parents who have lost a child.

Options

Replies

• melissa44
    melissa44 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Working as a RN in a NICU with babies who are critically ill I have dealt with baby's passing away, and I always prayed that God would give me the right words in order to help be a comfort for my patients parents dealing with most difficult matter. After adopting two of my patients (drug addicted one pound premature babies) years later we were blessed with a baby girl who I carried for 20 weeks and we lost her due to having an incompetent cervix, despite the fact that they had me lying upside down for 3 days and on antibiotics our lil angel slipped through my body straight into heaven. I do believe that Angelita's existence served a purpose, I now am able to be of comfort to many parents as I have lost a child myself. A year later, on bed rest we did have a healthy little girl who is now 9 years old.

I know the pain, of leaving the hospital and driving home, without your baby and it is such a deep dark time, you feel as though your heart will explode and you will just die. Please know that in time, you will slowly begin to heal but take every moment and grieve through all the stages. I would highly suggest a parents group for those who have lost children, check into your hospitals, like maybe a Children's hospital or a University Hospital.

We are here for you and we are sending you virtual hugs and prayers, I am so sorry for your family's most precious loss.
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    No words can ease your pain, but please know that l send my love and prayers. No one will know exactly what to say and they will, undoubtedly fail at times. Take what small comfort you can, knowing their efforts are heartfelt. Please, seek out a support group for grieving families. Don't overlook the fact, that your dear son may need to express himself at this time (or at some point in the future), and that this is normal and healthy. You may be able to find, with the help of this type of services, a way to help him begin to understand his loss. Draw close to those you love and seek support from each other. My prayers are yours, Dear.

very well put. i am very sorry for your loss. i have had miscarriages but that is not the same. my brother died when he was 16/17, and my parents made it through. a hole in their hearts for all time, yes. but also life and laughter with time. support, counseling, love, time, patience are all important. again, i am so sorry for this profound loss for you and your family. will be praying for your healing.
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I have no words, that could ever ease your pain. I am just so sorry, so very sorry.
  • slw5X5
    slw5X5 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Nine years ago this February, I gave birth to my twin sons. One of them was stillborn. Absolute worse pain on earth. Yes, it does feel as though your heart has been shattered into millions of tiny pieces. The pain doesn't go away, but it will get better. Counselling helps, crying helps, knowing that you are not alone helps, emotional support from family and friends and especially your husband is all very helpful.

Every few days, or whenever you feel comfortable, have a good cry. Don't bottle it all up inside. You will get better.
  • Diet_Soda
    Diet_Soda Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I will hold your family in my thoughts today. I am so sorry for what you have experienced.
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to here about your loss. We have a 16 month old lb and I cant imagine how awful it must be.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    A very big hug to you all.

My family had a very near miss, with one of the granddaughters at birth and again with her and her mother within 48 hours because of an infection. We had the other five children, under 15, from the family to support for a good 10 days. What to say to each child? How to answer their questions? when they were away from home.

A very big hug is not enough but it is all I can express.
  • lgrix
    lgrix Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    So very sorry for your family's loss.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss :(
  • nofearbebravelive
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear about your little girl. My most heartfelt condolences. I am so very sorry.
  • Sanders119
    Sanders119 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello. I've never posted on here before but feel I must in response to your very sad post. I'm so sorry for your loss. Words are very difficult to come by as I've been in a very similar situation myself 18 years ago with my second daughter when she was only 8 days old. Fortunately for us the outcome was a positive one and so I can only begin to imagine your loss. However, the stress of giving her mouth to mouth etc, the ambulance ride, the waiting in another room and praying as hard as I've ever prayed in my life, and all the other things that you mention immediately preceding your loss I have experienced. It took me around 8 years to come to terms with this experience. Not only have you lost your angel but you will most likely have to deal with these additional feelings too. Our daughter has mild cerebral palsy and we don't know whether this is linked to this event early in her life. My husband, who gave mouth to mouth for 13 minutes before the ambulance got to us, took a very long time to come to terms with what he had to do and how this affected the outcome. What I'm trying to say in a very ungainly way is that I would imagine that not only have you got to grieve for your daughter but you will have to come to terms with the 'emergency' situation too. And I suppose I'm also trying to say that it will take a very long time indeed. I feel so guilty when the outcome for others is not the same as ours. I truly am so sorry for you. I will hold you in my prayers and I hope that you can find strength from your family and friends to get through the days that lie ahead.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I'm so very sorry for your loss :heart:
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I can't even imagine. I'm so sorry.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • lessofme43
    lessofme43 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I do not know the pain you are feeling, although I am a mother of 3 wonderful boys. I can't imagine your grief, but I know God and know the comfort that only He can give, so I will lift you and your family to Him in prayer.
  • thebza_x
    Options
    My heart is genuinely aching for you, I am so sorry for what you have gone through. It is cruel and unfair, and I am sending all my love and thoughts to you and your family. X
  • skywalker0829
    Options
    I wanted to give an answer to the original posters question. You had asked if the pain gets any easier. The truth is that you will never forget your baby, but you will learn to live without them for now. I'm not sure if you believe in God or not, but if you do, let this be one of the things that pushes you to live for God, so that one day you will meet your baby again in Heaven.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    your baby will continue to live as long as you keep her in your heart. I have lost and I keep her close, it was 9 years ago, breast cancer.
    There is never a day I dont think about her and remember all the good times..............I keep her in Spirit, and our memories live as welll

I will pray you find the way , don't be afraid to ask for help, even professional.........

Again, please accept my condolensces................LLoyd
  • friggie
    friggie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I am so deeply sorry for your family's loss. I can't imagine what you and your husband are going through! Hold tight to each other and your son. Let those close to you help out in anyway they can. That is every parents worse nightmare and so sorry it has happened to you.
    My thoughts are with you all at this difficult time.