New food style? is it good or bad?

Options
13»

Replies

• 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    You both are right, but I am not cooking my own food :S And you know when I ask the person who cooks it kinda gets mad :P
    Anyways, even if I knew the food that was being cooked, I can't change it I live with my family so asking to change the food style is kinda rude and she won't do it.
    That is why I decided to make grilled chicken and a salad BUT, now that you guys said it I'll start making my own food I guess or atleast eat more from outside?
    But I really wanna try this new method for atleast a week XD

Are you going to be making your own food now?Good Idea! My son is 20 and I would not find it rude at all if he just made his own food . (Though that is different than asking me to change what I cook! but I am fine with that occasionally! too) He does actually cook his own foods half the time, he has evening classes 2-3 nights a week.... But it usually consists of heating up left overs...LOL..
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Here's how to lose weight - eat REAL food, minimize the processed junk. Also, a strategy that works for me is adjusting the macronutrients to represent approx 10% carbs, 20% protein and 70% fat.

Here's a before and after depiction of what that would look like.

BEFORE:

Breakfast:
    Nestle Canada - Nesquik Cereal With 125ml 2% Milk, 1 cup

AFTER:

Fried egg and slices of bacon

BEFORE:

Salad- Greek (No Pita) - Tomatoes, Black Olives, Red Pepper, Cucumbers, Onions, Feta, 343 g

Renee's - Half-Fat Caesar Dressing, 86 ml pouch

Grilled Chicken breast

Pepsi - Max 355ml Can, 355 ml

AFTER:

Salad- Greek (No Pita) - Tomatoes, Black Olives, Red Pepper, Cucumbers, Onions, Feta, 343 g

Extra virgin olive oil and your favorite vinegar (apple cider, red wine, balsamic, etc) or lemon juice

Chicken thigh with skin

Water or tea or coffee
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Here's how to lose weight -
    -eat less calories than you burn.
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    If you're maintaining weight with your food choices, then try eating less, as opposed to changing up your entire food choices.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

So I did change to my current weight and settings, 65 kg gym for 3 days per week 2 hrs
    Currently lightly active and changed it from Not active.
    hieght is the same as before: 178 cm
    1410 per day, t
    Also I asked the system to lose 1 KG per week

Sorry, I think in lbs... even though I am Canadian.

65 KG is 143 lbs according to Google. If you're 5'8" as another poster did the math.... and your ticker indicates you want to lose about another 40 lbs.... I have to assume that you're currently around 185 ( lbs ) 'ish?'

The 1 kg per week thing, seems way too aggressive. What I'd like to see you do, is plug in 1 lb or 1/2 kg per week, weight loss, and see what number that gives you.

ETA.... I'm 5'8 too... and I can't imagine being 143 lbs. I'm still skinny-fat, but, dieting off another 20 lbs, I just can't imagine.....
  • 7L551
    7L551 Posts: 82 Member
    Options

So I did change to my current weight and settings, 65 kg gym for 3 days per week 2 hrs
    Currently lightly active and changed it from Not active.
    hieght is the same as before: 178 cm
    1410 per day, t
    Also I asked the system to lose 1 KG per week

Sorry, I think in lbs... even though I am Canadian.

65 KG is 143 lbs according to Google. If you're 5'8" as another poster did the math.... and your ticker indicates you want to lose about another 40 lbs.... I have to assume that you're currently around 185 ( lbs ) 'ish?'

The 1 kg per week thing, seems way too aggressive. What I'd like to see you do, is plug in 1 lb or 1/2 kg per week, weight loss, and see what number that gives you.

ETA.... I'm 5'8 too... and I can't imagine being 143 lbs. I'm still skinny-fat, but, dieting off another 20 lbs, I just can't imagine.....

Thanks, you are exactly right, I am currently around 185 lbs, but to be completely honest, I don't want to just lose the fat and then stop. I want to build muscles and have six abs (lol) but I am not sure when I should stop with my weight loss journey (or reduce it a lot).
    I was around 216 lbs when I started and managed to reduce it to 185 but now as you said it seems way much harder.
    So am not sure if I should keep on going for an hour on the Elliptical or double that or instead reduce it to 30 min and spend the rest of the time with weights and dumbells OR a third new option is to replace Elliptical with Cardio circuit training like Insanity (Shaun T) or maybe you have something else in mind.

Also I just changed the weekly goal to 0.5 kg and my counter jumped up to 1960 :O :O. I now feel like I can eat anything and still lose weight!. I can almost eat a whole pizza and still lose weight!
    That just does not sound right to me :P

Thanks again :D
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

Thanks, you are exactly right, I am currently around 185 lbs, but to be completely honest, I don't want to just lose the fat and then stop. I want to build muscles and have six abs (lol) but I am not sure when I should stop with my weight loss journey (or reduce it a lot).
    I was around 216 lbs when I started and managed to reduce it to 185 but now as you said it seems way much harder.
    So am not sure if I should keep on going for an hour on the Elliptical or double that or instead reduce it to 30 min and spend the rest of the time with weights and dumbells OR a third new option is to replace Elliptical with Cardio circuit training like Insanity (Shaun T) or maybe you have something else in mind.

Also I just changed the weekly goal to 0.5 kg and my counter jumped up to 1960 :O :O. I now feel like I can eat anything and still lose weight!. I can almost eat a whole pizza and still lose weight!

Ok, well now maybe you have some idea of the 'range' you can eat in. I think you had yourself convinced that you had to 'starve' yourself to lose weight. And 2 hrs on an elliptical, that just freaks me out. Let me give you some advice from someone who did it 'wrong.' I came to MFP after losing about 30 lbs, and had already gotten into the cardio.... ( not that there's anything wrong with that.... :wink: ) But, after reading tons of posts, I realized that waiting to start lifting weights is a mistake. So, I'm just getting started with that. But, I can assure you, if you read enough posts here, you'll realize that the sooner you start lifting, the better your body will like you, and the better you will like your body.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    sigh..it does not matter what ou eat..it is the calorie deficit that you create that leads to weight loss..so just eat in a deficit and don't worry about "good" or "bad" foods...
  • 7L551
    7L551 Posts: 82 Member
    Options

Ok, well now maybe you have some idea of the 'range' you can eat in. I think you had yourself convinced that you had to 'starve' yourself to lose weight. And 2 hrs on an elliptical, that just freaks me out. Let me give you some advice from someone who did it 'wrong.' I came to MFP after losing about 30 lbs, and had already gotten into the cardio.... ( not that there's anything wrong with that.... :wink: ) But, after reading tons of posts, I realized that waiting to start lifting weights is a mistake. So, I'm just getting started with that. But, I can assure you, if you read enough posts here, you'll realize that the sooner you start lifting, the better your body will like you, and the better you will like your body.

Thanks man :) will keep all of these info in mind :D