which exercise helped you the most

Options

Replies

• cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Helped how is my main wonder, too :)

Helped on strength? Certain bodyweight moves that take forever to get up to. Those really helped the muscles around my knees, actually, and I really needed stabilization there. Abs, lowback, quads, etc are all so much better than with the weights exercises I was trying for them. I think it's because the ones I do require really full extension (takes a lot of flexibility to get into position), and that seems to work better for me than the usual suspects. Little odd muscles get built so nicely, and that helps stabilize my joints, etc.

Helped because I found an exercise I can actually do with my bad back that works lats: Dumbbell Pullovers. They rock! I'm thrilled I can do them without a massive nerve flare-up each time!
  • KBjimAZ
    KBjimAZ Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Turkish Get Up
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    For me it had to be fencing. I have always wanted to do it and now that I finally have the opportunity I love it. Fencing motivates me to work on my fitness and lose weight so I can be a better fencer. There is no better stress relief that attacking someone with a sword and I have made some awesome friends. It helps that my coach keeps me accountable about my other workouts too.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Squats and more squats.

:flowerforyou:
  • vegasjon777
    vegasjon777 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What is insanity?
  • CrusherKun
    CrusherKun Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Since I have a lot of weight to drop....walking has been the best work out for me in terms of just getting up and going.

I just started T25 this week (doing modified cause I will knock this planet off its axis if I do it on normal) and while its brutal on me, I have to say, I cant remember the last time I sweated so much!
  • CrusherKun
    CrusherKun Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    What is insanity?

Google Shaun T. and Insanity....you will see! :wink
  • _xXJennXx_
    _xXJennXx_ Posts: 3,290 Member
    Options
    Planks!!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    To steal someone else's genius phrase: fork put downers and table push aways!

Oh and heavy lifting of course ;-)

This
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    i tried a lot of weights and Cardio workouts, but its the Circuit Training which i found the most effective in my case, how about yours?

Running. By far.
  • Shan790
    Shan790 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Yoga is my fav. Relieves stress and tension and reduces my migraines. Doesn't burn a whole lot but I can run or lift for that.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    netball
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Squats of all kinds...my legs and butt have never looked better.
  • Fit_Lean_Priya
    Fit_Lean_Priya Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    loved reading all responce, thanks for sharing
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    For me it has been brisk walking (I get my heart rate up without impact), squats (helped me to develop nice looking legs and maintain my curves) and Pliates (keeps me flexible and helps me to strengthen my core and back).
  • hannah_ryann
    hannah_ryann Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Picking up and putting down really heavy weights.

Mostly squats. Deadlifts, too.
    Also a fan of rows.
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options

Also a fan of rows.

:D

Squats and boxing for me. Stripped the fat off and squats gave me a derrière that actually got me compliments from women! *lolwut*
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options

Also a fan of rows.

:D

Squats and boxing for me. Stripped the fat off and squats gave me a derrière that actually got me compliments from women! *lolwut*

Now that's what I'm talking about! How you doin'? :D
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    What is insanity?

doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result! :laugh:

Sorry, I couldn't resist......it's an exercise video.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    i tried a lot of weights and Cardio workouts, but its the Circuit Training which i found the most effective in my case, how about yours?
    Running for me.