Thanksgiving failure

Options

Replies

• la8ydi
    la8ydi Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    We had pumpkin pie, cherry pie, AND chocolate silk pie...and I had a piece of EACH!!!!! :-) (So far)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Have some sympathy for us poor Brits! No turkey dinner for us today. No cake overload. We have to wait till Christmas. (I did have a mince pie today though :bigsmile: )

Excuses, excuses. You still could have prepared a traditional US Thanksgiving dinner just because...

...because turkey.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I couldn't eat ANY pie, and I didn't manage to eat nearly enough stuffing. So shameful. I may have to allow myself some extra calories today for lots of leftovers... to save face, you understand.
  • leadiax3
    leadiax3 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Love this sarcasm.. Its what i needed to hear!
  • ijavagypsy
    Options
    You are fighting the Good Fight! Perseverance wins! Excelsior! :drinker:
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Have some sympathy for us poor Brits! No turkey dinner for us today. No cake overload. We have to wait till Christmas. (I did have a mince pie today though :bigsmile: )

Excuses, excuses. You still could have prepared a traditional US Thanksgiving dinner just because...

...because turkey.

:drinker:
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    iK69Ggq.gif
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, there's always Round 2! You can make a comeback!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I couldn't eat ANY pie, and I didn't manage to eat nearly enough stuffing. So shameful. I may have to allow myself some extra calories today for lots of leftovers... to save face, you understand.
    Same here. Didn't have any room for pie. I should just deactivate out of shame.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    OP:

tumblr_ml7c40V57q1rs4qpso1_500.gif

Just a thought, but would the responses to this still be the same if the OP was 500lbs?
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    OP:

Just a thought, but would the responses to this still be the same if the OP was 500lbs?
    In.

I'm not friends with OP, but I've admired her from afar for a while :blushing: she's a body builder, no?
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    OP:

Because no bodybuilder was ever overweight? She worked hard for what she has. Mad respect.
  • MzzFaith
    MzzFaith Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Nooo, stayed positive
  • joyfuljoy65
    joyfuljoy65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options

I know..... I managed a celebration choccy at work! Can't wait for Xmas :D
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I failed too. I was under my goal calories. There was no pie I was willing to eat. No potatoes that looked too tempting. The mini cranberry tart was good though, the 7 layer salad was too die for, and the ham was awesome!
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    You know, I used to respect you.
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel better, I couldn't even finish the slice of the cheesecake I made. :( Granted, my cheesecakes are HUGE (they weight about 10 pounds), but still. I had too much turkey and stuffing. :( And there wasn't leftovers left because it all got served out. *pout*

I was physically intimidated to make my maple bacon cheesecake for Christmas though, and I have to make a 2nd one for work (that will decidedly be more simple).
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    That's why I adore MFP - on any given day, one thread features a desperate user asking advice on eating only 1,000 calories a day, the next has a user upset because they couldn't consume an entire pie in one sitting.
  • catneon
    catneon Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    OP:

Because no bodybuilder was ever overweight? She worked hard for what she has. Mad respect.
    +100