Thanksgiving failure

Options

Replies

• delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    OP:

tumblr_ml7c40V57q1rs4qpso1_500.gif

Just a thought, but would the responses to this still be the same if the OP was 500lbs?

This is a valid thought - and the responses would be totally different.
    But that's because this:
    7040126_6166.jpg

You master your body like that, you can have all the pie you want.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    You have a little less than four weeks to train up for Christmas... YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Try not to be too hard on yourself, you gave it your best shot. Good for you for making a commitment to do better next year!
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel better, I couldn't even finish the slice of the cheesecake I made. :( Granted, my cheesecakes are HUGE (they weight about 10 pounds), but still. I had too much turkey and stuffing. :( And there wasn't leftovers left because it all got served out. *pout*

I was physically intimidated to make my maple bacon cheesecake for Christmas though, and I have to make a 2nd one for work (that will decidedly be more simple).

..... Maple.... BACON.......... CHEESECAKE????????????

OMG my face exploded. Please share this recipe!!!
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    OP:

Just a thought, but would the responses to this still be the same if the OP was 500lbs?

But that's because this:
    7040126_6166.jpg

This is awesome, too. Great job, OP.

(but there was no maple or bacon, so that other post got priority... sorry :flowerforyou: )
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    OP:

But that's because this:
    7040126_6166.jpg

Thank you! :heart:

To answer the question about if I was 500 pounds:
    Thanksgiving is one day. Christmas is one day. New Years is one day. Easter is one day. My birthday is one day. Fourth of July is one day. These main holidays comprise 1.6% of the year. Eating an entire cheesecake in a day is as likely to make me fat as is eating healthy 1.6% of the year. I think that if someone decides to go all out just under 2% of the year and it makes them happy why can't we celebrate it with them?

My point of writing the original post was to bring some humor and remind others that one day is not going to keep you from your dream physique (yes, I am a bodybuilder). I'm already back to logging today and will do so until Christmas.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    My pumpkin cheesecake was bomb
  • laurenpjokl
    laurenpjokl Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Have some sympathy for us poor Brits! No turkey dinner for us today. No cake overload. We have to wait till Christmas. (I did have a mince pie today though :bigsmile: )

Agreed! My friend was eating mince pies yesterday, I was so jealous. Not sure I can resist them for too long...
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    I agree it's only one day it's not like your doing it every day of your life....ANYMORE. I found that even though the food is there and I cooked it and I know it's good I still could not eat like I used to . I did go over my calories but not by much but more important than that is I found I hate that over full feeling, don't like it so I quit before I get there. I know how much to put on my plate so that I don't get that feeling anymore. The piece of cheesecake though did make me feel like dang I ate to much and that was eaten a couple of hours after my dinner was eaten but still worth every bite. I have another dinner to cook on Sunday because my kid will be here with me and I'm so looking forward to it, except the other kid won't be here :( maybe he can call off that day to spend with us.
  • laurenpjokl
    Options

Thanksgiving is one day. Christmas is one day. New Years is one day. Easter is one day. My birthday is one day. Fourth of July is one day. These main holidays comprise 1.6% of the year. Eating an entire cheesecake in a day is as likely to make me fat as is eating healthy 1.6% of the year. I think that if someone decides to go all out just under 2% of the year and it makes them happy why can't we celebrate it with them?

My point of writing the original post was to bring some humor and remind others that one day is not going to keep you from your dream physique (yes, I am a bodybuilder). I'm already back to logging today and will do so until Christmas.

Agree with this so much. I reckon I can afford to have splurge days at least once a month, given how I'm often over 1k under my weekly net calorie goal. Maybe not whole cheesecake splurge days, but at least ones where I can go to a restaurant and order exactly what I want, regardless of calories.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.
    My response would've been the same. Knowing that a one day indulgence won't ruin your progress, shows a healthy relationship with food, and has nothing to do with a person's current weight or fitness level.
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    OP:

But that's because this:
    7040126_6166.jpg

This is such a great response :heart:

I think we can all use a little humor this time of year. For me the holidays are a very difficult time of year and for the most part I just want to get through to Jan 1st and be done with it. I know I over ate yesterday, and I was feeling down about it this morning, however you just put a smile on my face and helped me gain a little perspective.

Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • laurenpjokl
    Options
    My response would've been the same. Knowing that a one day indulgence won't ruin your progress, shows a healthy relationship with food, and has nothing to do with a person's current weight or fitness level.

Exactly, just because you want to be healthy and lose weight doesn't mean you need to feel constantly anxious about your food choices. You just need to be aware and reasonable.

Frankly, all the current threads about thanksgiving are coming across a little bit hysterical. It's one day.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    i got about three pieces of pumpkin pie down + cheesecake key lime pie = win for me!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    i got about three pieces of pumpkin pie down + cheesecake key lime pie = win for me!

Definite win!
  • andreagenther
    andreagenther Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    LOL. Now that my friends is the true spirit of Thanksgiving. :)
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    If you subtract the two piece of cheesecake and all the cheese and crackers I ate before dinner... I was toatlly within my calorie goals :smile:

However, the 1200 calories worth of extras were 100% totally worth it.

Hi I'm Joelle --
    I've lost 215 pounds, and I still eat cheesecake..........
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    There should be caramel sauce on top of the cheesecake and cookie dough pieces in the filling.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Had a leftovers brunch with my best friend at which I managed to fit in some pie. Mission accomplished, friends. (And I have turkey to throw on a salad tonight, more stuffing to make a delicious side dish, and -- you guessed it -- half a pie to share with my son.) Never give up on pie, never surrender.
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options

I love this response. It's only a few days overall, so right :happy:

there is this illusion that skinny people must have a skinny gene and then can just stuff themselves all the time (everyone has this story of this friend/cousin/roomie from college), whereas in reality yes they may stuff themselves during holidays and family get togethers / reunions, but in reality they consume fewer calories in their every day living and/or move a lot more.

The women in my family are all obese and every holiday they keep saying things like 'oh no I can't I am on a diet'. Yet they still take in considerable calories every day (little bites don't count, a sliver of cheese here, a little top up there), which is why they are obese and they feel deprived ALL THE TIME and they've been to all sorts of doctors saying 'I hardly eat anything, I take in maybe 700 calories tops every day, something is wrong' whereas in reality they take in about 2500 and don't nearly move enough for that amount.

Bring on Christmas :drinker: