Long journey ahead

Options
I have 120 pounds to loose. Gross I know. how I let myself get here I have no clue. I am forgiving myself for being ignorant about food and exercise and moving forward. I seem to give up so easy but when i start I am a die hard. manic? maybe. who knows. I am attempting to eat better and move some. Bought a treadmill a few months ago. I dont mind it once i get on but i stare at it like its my worst enemy. I have a sweet tooth that conqures and love carbs. I have decided that i have to change. I want to live life and not watch it through the window. honestly I cant do some things at 31 that I want to do. I love rollercoasters - not for a few years now- love movies but constantly worry if someone will sit next to me and I will touch thier arms- I still go on off peak times- I love to travel and if you have been on a plane you know my fears. This is wearing me out. I am done with it.

I have tried everything from jenny to slim fast to weight watchers to adkins... all of them several times. I love to eat. I dont emotionally eat, I dont stress eat, I just love food. I love tv and food and football and food and beer and food and friends and food and family and food and church and food. (rereading that makes me sick right now).

I am attempting a new eating. If its not a living thing I dont want it. I need to break away from processed foods. I love fruits and veggies and cheese. I have always loved to cook. I am attempting to educate myself... "buy this not that" mentality helps.

If you know any good secrets please do tell... I am all ears.

Good luck to everyone and I am trying for , hopefully, the last time! :)

Replies

• FitnessChefJime
    FitnessChefJime Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Good Luck to you.. It can be done!! Find what works for you and go hard..
  • bree1609
    bree1609 Posts: 136
    Options
    I love food, too. And it's totally hard to try to control your eating habits when you find yourself eating with others. You know, it's scientifically proven that people eat more when they are eating with others.

So here's what I did to start...I told people I was limiting my food intake and counting calories. Everyone has been very supportive. I don't let myself or others call it "dieting;" rather, it's a lifestyle change. That's what it is. Because if you don't commit to changing your lifestyle the pounds will never come off. This is something I'm still struggling with every day, but it is working.

The next thing I did was commit to eating at home more. I was already a fairly healthy eater (whole grains, fruits, veggies, lean proteins) but I had to learn how to cook to make healthy receipes (still learning).

My downfall has always been the snacks and sweets, so I allow myself those in moderation in portion-controlled sizes like 100 calorie snacks or Skinny Cow ice cream (my new favorite). Once you get used to seeing food in right portion it gets easy to identify when you're over doing it.

It's a terribly slow process, but I had to learn to count the small victories. Make tiny goals and conquer one at a time! You can do it!
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome, but most of all good luck on your journey
  • kristybenner
    kristybenner Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    thank you!:smile:
  • 4everMyself
    Options
    the hardest thing about losing weight is sticking with it. you have to remind your self how much you really want it. my fitness pal is a great way to constantly keep you on track (or as i like to call it... the yellow brick road). you wouldn't believe how many delicious and healthy foods there are to try. Here is one:

200 Calorie Pizza

ingredients:

1- Light Italian Herb Flat Out Wrap
    1- tbs (or so) pizza sauce
    1/4 2% shredded mozzarella cheese
    onions
    spinach
    black olices
    mushrooms
    cooking spray

Spray a cookie sheet lightly w/ cooking spray and place the wrap on it. bake in the oven on 350 for 7 minutes. remove the wrap from the oven and put on your choice of toppings on. then, put it in for 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Finally...ENJOY! (calories may be less if you use only sauce and cheese.)