Any Thanksgiving Success Stories?

Options

Replies

• skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    YES!!!! i was successful!

i successfully ate everything and then some.

yum.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Cooked dinner for 24

Didn't kill any of them

Ate as much as I wanted

*gasp* even pie!!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I drank all the wine :~)
  • ArtemisRuns
    ArtemisRuns Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I ran a 5K in the morning with my 9 year old son. I proceeded to eat what I wanted afterwards, dessert, and even have a couple of drinks, and still came in under my calorie goal. :tongue:
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    My biggest success was my bourbon pecan pie. OMG. Epic is the only proper way to describe it.

Aside from that, I easily pulled a 230-lb deadlift on Friday, which was a 5-lb PR for me. I was pretty excited about that.

I was about 4 lbs lighter on Saturday than I was the day before Thanksgiving, which is cool but doesn't mean much. H2O and all.
  • ArtemisRuns
    ArtemisRuns Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I ate some of everything and fit in a great work out after dinner (830+ calories burned). Between Thanksgiving and the weekend I lost 1.5 pounds - WIN!

Oh yeah and I lost over the week also, 1.8 lb.
  • dantanjah
    dantanjah Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I hit the gym for over an hour of hard cardio Thanksgiving morning then I watched my portions while still eating at least some of everything I wanted. I was able to lose 1.6 pounds last week.
  • TomZot
    TomZot Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Ran a Turkey Trot 5K road race with my wife in the morning...at a pace I could barely hold for one mile 6 months/55 lbs ago.

Just the two of us for the day, so we had planned a menu of generally healthy food (she's a vegetarian). Turkey (for me) stuffing, roasted brussels sprouts, cranberry sauce, and my wife's pumpkin pie made with tofu.

I knew I would go over my calories for the day...went over by almost 1000. Made it up over the next three days without too much effort.

Weighed in this morning...down a half-pound from last week. Life is good.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I ate about 4000 calories = win
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I drank a white russian, three glasses of wine and a couple Guinness.

I win.
  • doug_pierce
    Options
    95757B6B-A912-4788-A149-697BD912D97C_zpsw1lhsmgb.jpg

Sorry about this - still trying to figure how to upload pictures.
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I ate about 4000 calories = win

Me too! :)
  • anaoliver63
    anaoliver63 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed all the meals I was served during Thanksgiving and still lost 2#. :)
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I ate half of a cheesecake all by myself!
    yummy!!
  • CuteMonkeyGal
    CuteMonkeyGal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I worked Thanksgiving. When I got home, me and the doggie went for a 30 minute walk. Then, I fed her and cooked up a delcious dinner for one. Chicken breasts with a homemade clementine/cranberry sauce, mashed red potatoes, steamed green beans, a roll, veggie saute (onions, peppers, mushrooms, garlic, herbs), orange carrots, and a glass of wine and mango jello with fat-free Cool Whip and pineapple chunks for dessert. All of it was yummy. I didn't feel deprived at all and I stayed under my calorie goal for the day, still having breakfast and a light lunch too!
  • BarbellApprentice
    BarbellApprentice Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    While grocery shopping for Thanksgiving supplies, I discovered Gone Nutty Peanut Butter Pop Tarts. I ate the whole box. Success.
  • masdec7
    masdec7 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I've been working on losing weight since February this year. A couple of times I stopped logging, once because I was ill and once because I wanted to see if I could lose without logging all the time. Long story short, the answer is NO I cannot! So back to MyFitnessPal I came. I started back right at the beginning of November. On a positive note, I didn't gain back too much, but I did gain back. The victory came with Thanksgiving dinner. I lost those pounds I had gained by Thanksgiving and then to my surprise, I lost even more after Thanksgiving! Thanks to keeping track, this is the first holiday I didn't eat myself sick and managed to lose weight to boot! Looking forward to reaching my first mini goal of 200 lbs with my ultimate goal of 140 in the future.
  • FlamencoGal
    FlamencoGal Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I was a guest at my friend's house for Thanksgiving. I brought a huge salad, which they always request. At dinner I had 2 slices of turkey, brussel sprouts, green beans and a tiny bit of stuffing/dressing. No desserts, but sweets are never my problem. Only bad was the couple of glasses of Proseco. I turned down bringing home any leftovers, so I think I was extremely successful!!!
  • feelin_gr_8
    feelin_gr_8 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I got on the scale mentally prepared to gain weight and still lost .4lbs. My MIL said she noticed I had nice small portions at Thanksgiving dinner :) Though it was a family fest Wednesday-Sunday so several days without tracking! I suppose skating with family once and all the sales shopping throughout the week balanced it out ;)
  • nailasmomma
    nailasmomma Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I made sure not to eat too much throughout the day, saving up for dinner. I ate the breast part of the turkey (it was deep fried, =O). Had roasted veggies and other healthy veggie sides, a tiny bite of pie, and that's it. I really felt the weight in my tummy the next morning though since it was heavier than my normal meals, and worked out for an hour.

I'd say that was a success!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!