Weird First Date

Options

Replies

• smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I used to do the whole "internet dating" game which of course is pretty much blind-dating.

It always makes me laugh to hear dating stories like this. I can't believe men do these things.

Sadly this isn't even my weirdest date!

ok, lets hear it! :bigsmile:
  • wellz6
    wellz6 Posts: 81
    Options
    I would definitely consider that weird! haha I'd be weirded out if someone did that to me. I was on a date one time with a girl. We went to the movie theater. Evidently she was the type to put her feet up against the seat in front of her. Well, someone had sat down in the seat in front of her. She "politely" said something along the lines of, " I tend to push the seat a little with my feet so if that annoys you then you may want to sit someone else." Needless to say, it was awkward and I felt bad for the person sitting in front of her. I thought it was pretty rude. Oh, and there was no second date ;)
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    If my girl and I hit it off, I would do it (eat off her plate) just to show enclosure, but if it wasn't an eye-to-eye thing, then that's just plain rude hahaha. SHUT THAT DOOR AINT NO SECOND DATE HOMIES

What's "showing enclosure"?
    Showing each other pictures of your sun porch
    *rimshot*
  • mrhonesty
    mrhonesty Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I had a first date with a woman who overdosed in the bathroom of the restaurant. And yes, I sure know how to pick them!
  • Ailbe1
    Ailbe1 Posts: 164
    Options
    I had a first date with a woman who overdosed in the bathroom of the restaurant. And yes, I sure know how to pick them!

Okay, you win!
  • mrhonesty
    Options
    LOL Thanks! I have had a string of winners like that!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    lol that is strange for a first date, but it wouldn't turn me off if I liked everything else about him. Maybe it's something the two of you can laugh about later?
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    In a world full of psychopaths and women constantly touting, "there are no good single men", you're gonna ditch this guy for taking a bite off your plate?! Really?
  • Ailbe1
    Options
    In a world full of psychopaths and women constantly touting, "there are no good single men", you're gonna ditch this guy for taking a bite off your plate?! Really?
    [/quote/]

There's the million dollar word...SINGLE. Yeah, turns out he wasn't really
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    I have food sharing issues, so that would be the end of the date right there. I don't even share food, drink, ect. with my child.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I eat food off of people's plates all of the time without asking. However, I only do this with people who know me well, so they expect it from me.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options

yah. he's right. probably you could look past that.

if it was me, it wouldn't worry me unless I wasn't into the person. if you are into them, there fork on your plate is just the beginning.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I probably would've done this.

2ry0mmo.gif

But honestly though, I don't think it's that big of a deal. If he had a very down to earth and laid back funny personality I probably would've found humor in the situation, and made a joke about it or in return grabbed something from his plate. Now if his personality was kinda dry, then yeah would have been awkward.
  • Byrdsong1920
    Byrdsong1920 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Lol, people are soooo socially awkward! I swear it's somethin in the food.

Yes, that's weird... I'm thinkin, "Dude, seriously....I don't even know you like that ..uugh!"

Onto the next....deuces!
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    First date. "he seems self-centered" and "eats off your plate"

nope-gif.gif
  • mrhonesty
    Options
    When it's the "one", even on a first date, it will all feel right!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    If my girl and I hit it off, I would do it (eat off her plate) just to show enclosure, but if it wasn't an eye-to-eye thing, then that's just plain rude hahaha. SHUT THAT DOOR AINT NO SECOND DATE HOMIES

What's "showing enclosure"?

Being comfortable around the significant other, eating off the same plate, sharing drinks, stuff like that :)

Yeah but without asking, on a first date? No! I mean if you all order only one plate that's fine but not just going and picking food off your date's plate..
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I have a lunch date tomorrow that's giving me the vibe that I may have a story for this thread.
  • Ailbe1
    Options
    I have a lunch date tomorrow that's giving me the vibe that I may have a story for this thread.

Good luck!
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Yes, I called that one.

He was attractive, well built, nicely in shape.

We started talking, he talks about his kids. The perfect, excel at everything, never failed wonderful upper echelon of kidness. I'm like wow, you're a proud parent.

Everything went back to his kids, except....

My fitness goals. I ran and had a protein shake a little before the date. According to him, I'm drinking the wrong protein powder and not using enough. He asked about what I do at the gym, I replied Stronglifts, but I sprained my knee and had to take some time off. He told me I don't need to use my legs lifting weight since I'm a runner, huh? I've also chosen the wrong half marathon to be my first.

The best part I almost forgot to include... He told me Stronglifts would bulk me up.

He also got impatient in the beginning because we weren't seated fast enough.

Girl, bye.

Next....

At the risk of sounding like a hussy, I have a dinner date tonight with someone else. This isn't a first date, I hope to enjoy myself.