Epitaph..what is it going to say about you?

Options
13»

Replies

• athenasurrenders
    athenasurrenders Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I want 'Thus though we cannot make our sun/Stand still, yet we will make him run'

My husband wants, 'I volunteer for any resurrection program you invent.'
  • ugottafriend
    ugottafriend Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'd like mine to have the cultural meaning of my names:

"Brave Warrior; The People's Victory"

Makes me sound like I kicked some serious *kitten*. Ha! I think it would start some conversations and perhaps intrigue people enough to do some research. I like research. I'm always trying to teach people something. :)
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Party hard before it's too late. :drinker:
  • ArellD
    ArellD Posts: 93
    Options
    I'll be back.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    "Man, that b!tch was tall"

:laugh:

I just went to check out your profile...so it is a good epitaph cos people want to check you out :laugh:

Haha! I'm 6'1"

/Slaps forehead now I know why I love you so much! All my closest friends are over 6 ft. I swear at the mall I look like their kid! One day I want them to each grab my hand and swing me like we do our children when they are 5 or 6, but I need to get them to lift first! Seems I am a bit stronger than them these days
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I try not to think about dying at all, but if when I do I want the money that would be spent on a stupid funeral, to be spent on a party, a vacation, a ski trip..........I will be cremated and ashes thrown into the ocean where I can feed the fish.

I will not be there-it will not matter.

I would love if everyone got up and danced at my funeral ( :laugh: I can think of a few that would right now!) Seriously! A good song played loudly and everyone must get up and dance.

The most important thing it could say about me is

"She loved. She encouraged all she met. She lived until she died. We cannot believe she was 101~~!!":drinker:
  • leadiax3
    leadiax3 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    It will say whatever my daughter wants it to say. She will be the on left to read it.
  • onmyown326
    Options
    "I love you Kylie, always and forever, be better than me"
  • OddballExtreme
    OddballExtreme Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Mine would have this quote said by Dr. Jonathan Chase at the end of the Manimal pilot episode:

"Don't think about that which you cannot do, but rather that which might become possible if you allow your imagination to run free."

Underneath it would be, "Do this before it's too late."
  • FatHuMan1
    FatHuMan1 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    "Wait here. I'll be right back."
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    If you're reading this, you're standing on my boobs!
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I want mine to say something really cryptic, so that my surviving friends and relatives spend their lives investigating my inevitably mysterious death.

I'm thinking

'When the green chicken dances among the willows, Hear the nostalgic trident and enter through the exploding gramophone'
  • miss_glamorous
    Options
    "I told you I was ill."
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    "Wait here. I'll be right back."

:laugh:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I want mine to say something really cryptic, so that my surviving friends and relatives spend their lives investigating my inevitably mysterious death.

I'm thinking

'When the green chicken dances among the willows, Hear the nostalgic trident and enter through the exploding gramophone'

I like that idea.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    when I used to play guitar in a rock band (many years ago) I wrote my own epitaph in the lyrics of one of our songs

when I die lord, bury me deep
    and lay my guitar right at my feet
    so when that I do burn in hell
    I'll play those god-damned blues so well

but I've kind of outgrown it. I want a palaeoanthropology themed one now.
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    I'm going to the UT body farm. No epitaph for me.