Glucosamine
    Fish Oils

PWO Shake:

Whey
    Oats
    Glutamine
    Creatine
    Beta alanine
  • I supplement my veggies with a 13 oz piece of chicken breast usually! Other than that, I pop a multivitamin and a B12 complex,(if that counts) when I remember. I'd die if my life depended on taking a pill. I always forget them, no matter what I do. I've tried keeping them bedside, I've tried bathroom, I've even kept them next to the coffee pot, I still always forget them.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Multivitamin
    Glucosamine + Chondroitin
    Vitamin D (in winter)
    Whey protein

When I'm cycling I treat isotonic drinks, cereal bars, malt loaf, carb gels and even Jelly Babies as supplements.
  • ElectricDragon
    ElectricDragon Posts: 60 Member
    Looking at this it's kinda a lot, maybe slightly excessive, broke them down into how I group them together:

• Centrum - Multivitamin Men
    • Nature Made Balanced Vitamin B-100 Complex
    • Nature's Bounty - Super Strength Vitamin D3 (2000 IU)

• Nature's Bounty - Maximum Strength Fish Oil (1,400 mg - 980 mg Omega-3)
    • Schiff - Megared Extra Strength Omega-3 Krill Oil (500 mg)

• Nature's Bounty - Ultra Strength Advanced Probiotic 10

• Benefiber - Sugarfree Fiber Supplement (4 g)

• Nature Made - Turmeric (500 mg)
    • Nature Made - Cinnamon (1000 mg)
    • Spring Valley - Cayenne (40,000 STU)
    • Spring Valley - Super Strength Cranberry (500 mg)

• Optimum Nutrition - Performance Whey 100% Isolate
    • Optimum Nutrition - Platinum Tri-celle Casein (just started this one yesterday)
  • paleojoe
    paleojoe Posts: 442 Member
    Not every day but something like this...
    Creating
    Great Lakes gelatin
    Multi
    Magnesium
    D3
    Cod liver oil
    Whey
    Dissicated liver tabs
    Bcaa ( has glutamine in it)
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    I take a B complex pill for the B-12. I don't get that in my diet.
  • Whey Isolate
    Dr. Jekyll
    Blox SAA
    Micronized Creatine
    Fish Oil
    Flinstones
  • Different proteins
    Glutamine

Glutamine helps me not be sore the next day its awesome *kitten*!
    Protein powder well to get it in!
  • Catman50
    Catman50 Posts: 33 Member
    Im fairly new to this but I wanted to hit the ground running and make the best out of what I put in so I started with :-

Morning: Multi vitamins & Glutamine

Pre workout: Taurine & BCAA

Post workout: BCAA

Lunch: Glutamine

Bed: multi vitamins & Glutamine

The day may be mixed with Whey protein shakes as I needed them to fill out my diet requirements.
    Also at 8am, 12am, 4pm & 8pm id have Beta Alanine.

Several weeks in I decided to try Creatine and read that it clashes with Glutamine as they both fight over the same delivery receptors. So while taking Creatine I stopped Glutamine.

Later I swapped over my whey protein to MASS-TECH protein shake to help boost my Calorie intake. This has most of the above in it as it is so I adjust what im having depending on my shake intake.

Also I try and eat a lot!!
  • S3r3knitty
    S3r3knitty Posts: 159 Member
  • This is all you need....
    -Coffee (cheaper than pre workouts and better for you)
    -Food (stop whining how you can't eat enough)
    -Hard consistent work (I mean hard; doesn't have to be long)
    -Recovery

Source: I'm 5'10 190lbs 15-17% body fat; from 155 11-13% BF, I do a **** load of Hiit and cardio on top of Powerlifting. I was 210lbs of pure lard a few years back and couldn't even bench 95lbs, or run a quarter of a mile, and it looked like crap. Unless you are living in a concentration camp; this has been shown to work; these four thing will get you 95-99% of the gains you may receive; supplements are a complete waste unless you are looking to be Mr. Heath or Ed Coan and "need" that 1% edge (plus the extra 10% from steroids). Basically; get these four things down first; then add in supplements if you REALLY think you "need" them. As you can tell; I strongly discourage supplement use (multivitamin and fish oil, maybe creatine are the exceptions). And I can tell you Glutamine does almost zilch compared to proper nutrition and mobility work; and BCAA's? Why? You can get enough through food (creatine as well). Also; you can get ALL the protein you need for optimum gains through plant sources; you don't need whey at all unless you eat all your carbs through pop tarts. 0.5-0.8g protein per pound is seriously all you need for optimum progress.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Whey if needed to hit my protein
    Creatine
    Multi (when I remember)
    Ice-cream
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    This is all you need....
    -Coffee (cheaper than pre workouts and better for you)
    -Food (stop whining how you can't eat enough)
    -Hard consistent work (I mean hard; doesn't have to be long)
    -Recovery

Source: I'm 5'10 190lbs 15-17% body fat; from 155 11-13% BF, I do a **** load of Hiit and cardio on top of Powerlifting. I was 210lbs of pure lard a few years back and couldn't even bench 95lbs, or run a quarter of a mile, and it looked like crap. Unless you are living in a concentration camp; this has been shown to work; these four thing will get you 95-99% of the gains you may receive; supplements are a complete waste unless you are looking to be Mr. Heath or Ed Coan and "need" that 1% edge (plus the extra 10% from steroids). Basically; get these four things down first; then add in supplements if you REALLY think you "need" them. As you can tell; I strongly discourage supplement use (multivitamin and fish oil, maybe creatine are the exceptions). And I can tell you Glutamine does almost zilch compared to proper nutrition and mobility work; and BCAA's? Why? You can get enough through food (creatine as well). Also; you can get ALL the protein you need for optimum gains through plant sources; you don't need whey at all unless you eat all your carbs through pop tarts. 0.5-0.8g protein per pound is seriously all you need for optimum progress.

Re creatine: you cannot get enough creatine from food to be 'optimal', especially of you do not eat (much) meat.

Re protein: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/24092765/?i=2&from=sport,+training
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    creatine and the occasional protein powder
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Protein powder
    Dark Chocolate (dat fat macro)
    I probably should take a multi.
  • star5785
    star5785 Posts: 140
    I take a multivitamin, vitamin E, and eat protein bars on workout days.
  • miss_henrie
    miss_henrie Posts: 6 Member
    Magnesium. That is all.