Where to put Iphone/ipod when weight training??

Options

Replies

• JustYandy
    JustYandy Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Don't get you're panties in a bunch...it's just my opinion,not judging...I don't care how you choose to workout I was just saying for me when I workout I focus on working out not a place to stick a ipod sounds distracting trying to keep it out of the way.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Women clearly have the advantage in this dilemma. I guess there IS a perk to needing a sports bra. :drinker:
  • JustYandy
    Options
    :sad:
  • JustYandy
    Options
    Also on another note to try and actually give advice.....I understand listening to music jogging or doing cardio,but how can you focus on you're form if you're distracted playing with the iphone/ipod in between weight routines ....I don't know for me I would ditch the electronic during weight training if that makes sense
    I have a playlist when I'm working out, so I don't have to adjust anything.
    I can't train at all, weights or cardio, without my headphones in. I have a 'training mix' that doesn't require me to touch my walkman at all for the duration of my sesh :)
    I just pictured you in the gym with an old school cassette player. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :sad:
    If listening to music on headphones makes it easier to push through that last mile/set...what's wrong with that? What's sad is some people's constant need to judge the way others do things.
    I have read threads on other forums where ppl get upset about others texting while working out and I agree that it's none of their business. But, I don't think that particular person was being judgmental. Before she said that, she said that she was giving advice. She's just thinking that the music is a distraction on the OP paying attention to form.
  • JustYandy
    Options
    I think it's sad that people cant live to do anything without a electronic within reach at all times....what did everyone do before they were invented...that is all

I think it's sad people can't live without being passive aggressive and judgmental.

me too:wink:
  • JustYandy
    Options
    Also on another note to try and actually give advice.....I understand listening to music jogging or doing cardio,but how can you focus on you're form if you're distracted playing with the iphone/ipod in between weight routines ....I don't know for me I would ditch the electronic during weight training if that makes sense

I can't train at all, weights or cardio, without my headphones in. I have a 'training mix' that doesn't require me to touch my walkman at all for the duration of my sesh :)

Thats cool...I was just saying what I don't do.If you works for you thats cool:happy:
  • JustYandy
    Options

Wut? How does adjusting your music in between sets keep you from focusing on form? Lighten up, Francis

Because she said that she can't figure out where to keep her music so it probably is getting in the way of the workout....so for me if I was going through that frustration I would just ditch it and focus on my workout .I'm not trying to be rude "Thats just what I would do" it's a opinion not a judgement
  • munchlaxx
    munchlaxx Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend placing it in against the skin (tucked in waist band of pants, sports bra)...personally, the sweat damaged my ipod so it stopped working.
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options
    yeah most women's clothes don't have pockets. Especially compression pants LOL.

I have a Tunebelt for my iPod 5 and I love it. You can buy the specific kind to fit your phone/case. Got mine on Amazon cheap.

Also, I couldn't work out without music.... just saying
  • JustYandy
    Options
    I think it's sad that people cant live to do anything without a electronic within reach at all times....what did everyone do before they were invented...that is all

If listening to music on headphones makes it easier to push through that last mile/set...what's wrong with that? What's sad is some people's constant need to judge the way others do things.

True...I knew a kid that was playing on his ipod and walking and got hit by a car,and I just think it's a damn shame and a unnecessary distraction...more kids play video games then run and play in the streets..I don't know I guess I'm just a little old school at heart.I wasn't trying to be rude.I was just stating what I don't do and for me I don't worry about where I'm gonna stick my new device and I enjoy working out....So everyone is different I was just stating what I do...It doesn't bother me at all what others do and without sarcasm I really feel sad that alot of people worry more about stuff like this.
    ^^^This.

I mean, my goodness, I don't understand why people even got to the gym, I mean what did they ever do before gyms were invented? We should all just be running through the woods and lifting rocks, like back in the good old days before all this fancy-schmancy technology. /sarcasm
  • JustYandy
    Options
    I have a playlist when I'm working out, so I don't have to adjust anything.
    I just pictured you in the gym with an old school cassette player. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :sad:
    I have read threads on other forums where ppl get upset about others texting while working out and I agree that it's none of their business. But, I don't think that particular person was being judgmental. Before she said that, she said that she was giving advice. She's just thinking that the music is a distraction on the OP paying attention to form.

:smile: Everyone is putting words in my mouth did I say it bugged me?No it doesn't I was just saying what I don't do it was a opinion not a judgement.I wasn't trying to come off rude.I just focus on my form and performance instead of worrying about music...thats just me and thats what helps me I wasn't saying anyone had to do it.
    [/quote]
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I have an armband because I don't have enough cleavage to keep my mp3 player from slipping right through my bra. I just make sure it's not on too tight, and since it's Velcro, it's easy to adjust if I need to make it tighter or looser. Maybe you could try putting it under the elastic of your pants on your hip?
  • susieoj
    susieoj Posts: 181
    Options
    I used to put it in my waistband - but after it fell a few times lol....I started using a belt clip which comes with the otterbox case I have for my iPhone.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options

None of my workout pants/shorts have pockets. Is it considered weird tucking it between the workout pants and the hips??

Probably, but it never stopped me doing it.

Did look weird when the phone falls out mid-set and you have some wires now hanging out the bottom of your shorts!

These days, I've got my own setup, so I can stick music on a speaker :)
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Techno Viking does not worry about such petty problems because...
    DJSyhGC.jpg

dtGwFkg.gif
  • hikezilla
    hikezilla Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    For me, I usually work out in a t-shirt that has a pocket. I usually just stick mine in my shirt pocket and run the headphone cord around behind my neck. That gets it out of my way and since my neck is over 20" it gets rid of the slack cord hangin in the way.

Same here...I wear a Pocket T shirt....or sometimes I just lick the MP3 player and stick it to my forehead.

The Pocket T shirt thing works a lot better though.
  • hikezilla
    hikezilla Posts: 174 Member
    Options

I think a lot of things today are sad....like the fact mashed potatoes won't cure baldness, but how am I to know if I don't at least try?
  • geeberfever
    geeberfever Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I also tuck mine into the side of my pants/shorts, but am asking for an armband for Christmas! ;)
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

What is this fantasy past that you're imagining that didn't have sound?

Rowers on ships had someone playing drums or shouting at them to stay on pace with each other. Soldiers had musicians to time marches and raise their spirits at the start of battles. Warriors with short spears would have fighting chants that they screamed as they advanced upon their enemy.

I'm neither Amish nor a Tibetian monk so there's no reason that I need to work out in silence if I don't want to.

If the alternative is a troupe of drummers in your entourage, then electronics are the polite approach. Besides, drummers don't come cheap
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    Women clearly have the advantage in this dilemma. I guess there IS a perk to needing a sports bra. :drinker:

not so fast there...

i have the shuffle (just had to buy a new one) and i put the headphones in, slide it down my shirt and into my pocket. if i am doing any exercise that is decline i clip it to my pocket, otherwise it just sits in my pocket.

it has yet to interfere with my form or the amount of weight i use.

it has helped me forget what i am doing in the 28th minute of cardio and got my fired up for the 3rd minute of cardio. it has also kept people from talking to me at the gym since i keep it at high volume all the time.