KEURING/K CUPS

Options
So, I got my wife a keuring coffee maker for Christmas and it comes with some samples, but would like to get some ideas on other people's favorites so I can get a variety of k cups for her for Christmas. Thank you for all your responses in advance!

Replies

• lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    What kind of coffee does she like? I found the Keurig K-cups were not strong enough for me. I used to buy Jet Fuel by Coffee People k-cups, but this was before Starbucks started making k-cups (at least, I think they do now?). They might have stronger-tasting ones now.
  • murphey21
    murphey21 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    She does not like her coffee strong at all, so it would have to be a mild roast or a flavored coffee.
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    my favorite is French Vanilla, but I also like mudslide on occasion. I also really love the Hot Cocoa too
  • takeadeepbreath
    Options
    You can also get reusable k cups online (check Amazon) that you can then put your own coffee in.
  • Daniloveshockey94
    Daniloveshockey94 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    My Favs are Gloria Jeans, Starbucks (mild roast), Dunkin Donuts is awesome!
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    anything with a sugary deliciousness in the name... like carmel
  • cwaters120
    cwaters120 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    http://www.joann.com/cafe-cup-reusable-coffee-pods-as-seen-on-tv/12106605.html#prefn1=isProject&start=31&q=as+seen+on+tv&sz=18&prefv1=false

I use these and put my own coffee in them - Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Caramel Vanilla and butter toffee are my faves :bigsmile:
  • Momma_Grizz
    Momma_Grizz Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I don't like really strong coffee either. My absolute favourite Keurig coffee is German Chocolate Cake. Getting a reusable k-cup is a great idea also - I use mine from time to time.
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't get too many of one thing, even if you think she might like it! Amazon also has some fairly inexpensive variety selections that they just kind of throw into a box. Get a couple of those and put them in a decorative bag, box or basket. When I got my first one, half the fun was trying all the different flavors. And my favorite now (after 4 years) was not my favorite back then. Have fun with it! I LOVE mine and am completely spoiled by it. (My husband bought my first one for me and it remains at the top of the favorite gift list!!)

If you want to have a "regular" flavor on hand, you can get a 12 or 16 pack of a breakfast blend or something not so strong at the grocery store, Kohl's or even Target.
  • murphey21
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses! The deal I got was the keurig coffee maker and 102 samples and it also comes with the resuable k cups also. I don't know the exact flavors of the samples but I know there is a variety and I just found chocolate chip cookie flavored k cups I got, since she loves chocolate chip cookies. Hope they are good!
  • Daniloveshockey94
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses! The deal I got was the keurig coffee maker and 102 samples and it also comes with the resuable k cups also. I don't know the exact flavors of the samples but I know there is a variety and I just found chocolate chip cookie flavored k cups I got, since she loves chocolate chip cookies. Hope they are good!

Where did you find the chocolate chip ones?? Target?
  • paleojoe
    paleojoe Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I like the coffee from san francisco bay... best pumpkin and hazelnut I have come across. I love their espresso roast.

http://www.gourmet-coffee.com/pages.php?pageid=57
  • murphey21
    Options
    I found the chocolate chip ones online on ebay. They say they are brand new by the donut house. I think I got them for $12 plus shipping. I couldn't pass them up since she loves chocolate chip cookies.
  • Daniloveshockey94
    Options
    Ohhhhh nice! I <3 donut house!
  • grinner30
    grinner30 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Nantucket (Sp?) and Donut house
  • mitchiejo
    mitchiejo Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is getting me a Keurig machine for my birthday Monday. I can't wait!!! I bought a sample pack of flavors so I can try different ones and one of cocoa for the kids. I definitely want to try that chocolate chip cookie one.
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I like Tim Horton's Kcups but I'm Canadian. :drinker:

Not sure they're available in the US yet or not. They just came out a few months ago in Canada.
  • docdrd
    docdrd Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    You can also buy a plastic reusable cup that you put your own coffee in. We do that and it saves us a fortune! You just have to rinse it after every use, but that is no big deal.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    What's her favorite? Just go with that, or go with her favorite, AND add some that you think she might love. Keurig is an awesome coffee maker! My husband and I have one and his favorite is Donut Shop, while mine is pumpkin spice and the Three Continent Blend.
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I always have the following at home:

Donut House Chocolate Glazed Donut
    Archer Farms Caramel Macchiato
    8 O'Clock Hazlenut
    Van Houtte Creme Brulee
    Timothy's Kahlua
    Folger's Vanilla Biscotti

I also have a reusable filter to brew my favorite ground coffee. Happy drinking! :drinker: