huntndox Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Donut house
    Newman's Own
    Starbuck's Blond
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee strong, as I normally drink Cafe Bustelo espresso. So my k cup of choice is by Green Mountain coffee in Dark Magic Extra Bold, or 100% Colombian. Other much lighter flavors that I actually like for an afternoon treat are by the same brand in Southern Pecan, Hazelnut, and Cinnabon flavors. Delicious!
  • kanuckkim74
    Options
    I am in love with my Keurig! Lol
    My fav is Timothy's Cinnamon Pastry and Donut House :)
    She'll love the Keurig!
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I'm sure she'll love it! I love mine and was one of my best purchases. I love any of the vanilla caramels, folders Mocha, any of the hazelnuts. I've had mine for about 2 years and haven't found any I don't like. Seriously, if she loves coffee she'll love any you pick.
  • jackson7478
    jackson7478 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    On the Keurig site, they have sample packs of 5, so you try try different flavors. I got a bunch that way to try, so if I didn't like a flavor I didn't have a whole box sitting around.

I like the French Vanilla, Cinnamon Roll, Butterscotch, Caramel.

Regular coffee in the Green Mountain Nantucket Blend or Vermont Blend.

Cafe Escapes Caramel and Vanilla have more flavor than the others that I have tried.

Hope this helps. Enjoy.
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    If you buy reuseable k-cups you can use your own coffee or tea saving a ton of money and there's no plastic waste. I got mine off of amazon, I bought the "Cafe Cup" and they're amazing. The one keurig makes is a piece of junk. It leaks and is so hard to clean. These are just like little k-cups that you pop the lid open and put your own stuff inside :)
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I like Tim Horton's Kcups but I'm Canadian. :drinker:

Not sure they're available in the US yet or not. They just came out a few months ago in Canada.

I bought a box intending them to be for company only... I have yet to serve one to company.. they get the other random ones I have xD
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I like Tim Horton's Kcups but I'm Canadian. :drinker:

Not sure they're available in the US yet or not. They just came out a few months ago in Canada.

This^^ They are awesome. :drinker:

I enjoy medium roast as well and these are my go to blends:

Coffee People - Donut Shop
    Tully's - Hawaiian Blend
    Green Mountain - Nantucket
    Tully's - Kona (hard to find)
  • eliseofthejungle
    eliseofthejungle Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I don't use my Keurig anymore because I drink waaay to much coffee for it to keep up (plus the reservoir started leaking), but when I used it my favorites were Timothy's Winter Carnival and Green Mountain Pumpkin Spice.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Folgers 100% Lively Columbian
    Folgers Dark Silk
    Folgers Vanilla Biscotti
    Folgers Caramel Drizzle
    Folgers Mocha Swirl
    8 O'clock Columbian
    8 O'clock Original
    New England Coffee Donut Shop Blend
    Green Mountain Pumpkin Spice
    Café Escapes Hot Chocolate
  • terlyn20
    terlyn20 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Chai latte is wonderful ... I sometimes sprinkle a dash of china cinn/sugar from penzey's on top.
    Others: Nantucket and mocha
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Caribou coffee is very good.
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    That is a very nice and thoughtful gift! I love mine, and it was a wonderful gift as well.

The breakfast blends are nice and mild but rich in flavor -- can't go wrong with Green Mountain blends.

And if she likes flavored coffees, there is a huge assortment to choose from, so she can experiment to her heart's content.

Bed, Bath & Beyond has a good selection and you can use their coupons for 20% off.
  • Kellylynnhaynes
    Kellylynnhaynes Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big coffee drinker but I love my Keurig. My favorite has been the Kroger brand French vanilla cappuccino. I bought another brand of cappuccino & I didn't like it, too coffee tasting. I also love the hot chocolate & Apple cider k-cups. There's also the new brew over ice kcups. They offer teas & vitamin waters. The teas tended to not be as sweet as I like though.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    We bought the reusable filters and use our own coffee. My husband and I don't like flavored coffees, yuck so we get breakfast blend, bold blends and I love this Jamaican blue mountain coffee............
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    What kind of coffee does she like? I found the Keurig K-cups were not strong enough for me. I used to buy Jet Fuel by Coffee People k-cups, but this was before Starbucks started making k-cups (at least, I think they do now?). They might have stronger-tasting ones now.

LOL green mountain dark magic espresso it's bitter but strong. I actually don't care for it- sadly I have a box of 50 I sitting here I have to choke down.

But yeah- try that one- I agree K-cups do not make typically as strong as regular coffee- but it gets the job done.
    (I actually am finding I don't care of them at all anyway- I prefer perked coffee instead)
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Green Mountain is the best brand IMHO. Southern Pecan is my all time favorite but I love the seasonal flavors this time of year - pumpkin, gingerbread, spicy eggnog etc.

Since your wife likes milder coffee, look for flavors that are light or medium roast.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Best is Green Mountain, IMO...I really like Van Houtte too, all of the flavors have been excellent especially Cherry Chip.
  • bheimbrock
    bheimbrock Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    probably already mentioned but I didn't read the whole thread.

Donut Shop Chocolate Glazed Donut - smells delicious while brewing!
    Good ole Starbucks :) Pike Place is mild
    And the Apple Cider (bright green cup - forget brand) is sooooo delicious!

I haven't tried any of the teas yet but I want to!
  • fairykelly13
    fairykelly13 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    LOVE Caramel Vanilla Cream, Coconut Mocha, and Chocolate Glazed Donut (among many others) for flavored coffees. I really love Honduras, Donut Shop, Caribou and a few others for plain coffee.