Pizza, seriously?

A SINGLE slice of pizza could possibly contain ~300 calories? Seriously?

I know it depends on different factors but that's just too much for an average.

What are your thoughts?

Replies

• dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Some pizza can contain 800 cals per slice. 300 sounds about right though, there is bread, cheese and grease involved. Plus meat if you add it
  • jazi719
    jazi719 Posts: 150 Member
    I've lost weight eating pizza.... it's all about moderation :smile:
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Mmmmmm..... Pizza! If I can fit it into my calories, I enjoy the *kitten* out of pizza!

I agree with Jazi, moderation is key :)

Good luck to everyone in their continued fitness goals!

*edited for spelling error.
  • mikej1978
    mikej1978 Posts: 362 Member
    1 slice of pizza hut's meat lovers pizza is 470 cals. 300 is probably for a slice of cheese pizza.
  • fotofreak01
    fotofreak01 Posts: 397 Member
    I make a veggie pizza here at home using the refrigerated pizza dough. Once pizza feeds my family of four and is about 315 calories per person. Of course, I'm not a huge meat eater but as long as I put fresh Mozerella cheese on it, the kids are pretty happy.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Yes, a lot of foods are shockingly high in calories. Just be aware, measure, and use your calories wisely.
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    You are 19, and bulking?

I don't see what the problem is.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    My thoughts are that pizza is delicious and totally worth the calories in moderation.
  • _NAUTILUS_
    _NAUTILUS_ Posts: 239 Member
    Watch the packaging of the frozen pizzas. They are getting somewhat better but some brands with be an 8" pizza at 600 calories per serving 4 servings per container. Next time your in the frozen foods dept take a look and prepared to be jaw dropped.
  • jdforshort
    jdforshort Posts: 269 Member
    I'd say that's damn good for pizza. My daughter brings home deep dish cheese pizza, I'd swear that's about 700-800 Cals a piece! Problem is once you start eating, how can you stop at just one or two slices!:noway:
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Doesn't stop me from eating it. Or losing weight.
  • CptJinxx
    CptJinxx Posts: 81 Member
    You are 19, and bulking?

Problem is; I'm bulking, trying to gain mostly muscle mass not lots of fat.

I used to eat a whole pizza at one sitting, I was also 19, but at 180 lbs, took me +3 months to work that off and I don't want it to happen again..
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Take a look at the sodium! It's equally shocking!
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    You are 19, and bulking?

I used to eat a whole pizza at one sitting, I was also 19, but at 180 lbs, took me +3 months to work that off and I don't want it to happen again..

You can do a lot better than pizza, with meat and starchy vegetables to get your protein, fat and carbs.
  • CptJinxx
    It makes me SAD. Moderation + Pizza don't go well together, so I should probably stop at one slice? LOL!
  • CptJinxx
    You are 19, and bulking?

You can do a lot better than pizza, with meat and starchy vegetables to get your protein, fat and carbs.

That's what I've been doing, and been enjoying it so far. :)
    It just came to my mind that I haven't had pizza in a really long while.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    *shrug* there are worse things...like burgers. Cheeseburgers are one of my favorite foods...and I eat them sometimes...still in decent shape.
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    I just ate a whole pizza to myself! It was about 850 cals for the whole thing. A dr oetker Ristorante funghi frozen pizza. I can't do moderation either.
    Crazy thing is, it wasn't that which blew my calories for the day, it was the dutch apple pastries that did for me!

If you like pizza, you just gotta work it in as best you can.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    A SINGLE slice of pizza could possibly contain ~300 calories? Seriously?

I know it depends on different factors but that's just too much for an average.

What are your thoughts?

Ha Ha!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    I love pizza . . .