2»

Replies

• Lorelai23
    Lorelai23 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Wow!! That is absolutely amazing!
  • thomasc96
    Options
    I've lost 74 lbs since March of this year. Not a fast drop, but steady loss so that way I wouldn't yo-yo or stress out my body. I've got about another 20 to go before I hit my goal. It's not as easy losing it now and starting to plateau, so I've had to step up the intensity and amount of exercise to keep it going. I can't say enough good things about MFP to keep track of food and exercise diary. It certainly helps to look over your food diary to watch for calorie creep.
  • MzExclusive85
    Options
    wow! i think it's amazing that weight can come off quick or slow... for those who lose quickly starting off losing fast.. did you have issues with it slowing down or stopping for a long period of time?
  • ElizabethObviously
    ElizabethObviously Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    My brother lost about 130 in 4 months. 53 of that he lost in 1 month.

Don't get discouraged when you lose 11 pounds in 5 weeks. When larger people lose weight quickly it is because they have more to lose. Look at it as a body percentage. 11 pounds off your frame is a higher percentage of your entire body whereas someone who weighs twice as much, 11 pounds is a less percentage amount.
  • littlelexical
    littlelexical Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    April 2013 = 7.8kg (18lb)
    May 2013 = 4.4kg (9lb) (12.2 & 27lb cumulative)
    June 2013= 8kg (17.5lb) (22kg & 34.5lb cumulative)

Im not winning any awards for most or fastest.
    It was right at the beginning of my weight loss & on a VLCD - however, with PCOS, Thyroid issues & waiting on a heart op - I was most pleased.

Currently have 'stalled' for a lot of months now - but 85lbs (give or take depending on day & if taken fluid tablets etc) gone since then approx.

Your numbers are all very inspiring.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I lost 10 lbs. in one month (my first month trying), then it was eight, then six, etc. Right now I want to lose another two pounds for a Christmas vacation but I don't think I can do it. I have been trying since the end of October. I will continue to try because it won't do any harm, but it is frustrating.
  • jensiegel39
    jensiegel39 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Geez. I was feeling good about my rate of weight loss until I read all this. I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong. I've been at it for five weeks and have lost 11.2 lbs. I am at the gym 1 - 2 hours a day, playing tennis a few times a week and taking Zumba 3 - 4 times a week. I think I'm working hard and meeting my calories (usually under, which may be the problem). Any thoughts on how some people lose it so much faster?

Don't worry your doing great! Some simply have more to lose. Keep doing what your doing :)

Oh, I have about 80 lbs more to lose. I think it gets harder the older you get. But thanks for the vote of confidence! I'm not giving up, no matter what!
  • jensiegel39
    Options
    You did awesome! I am at that same rate 11 pounds in 4.5 weeks, that average I think! slow and steady!

Thanks, from Jen to Jen! I notice we're about the same age too (I'm a year older). When i lost weight before, I swear I did less and lost more, but at least I'm getting stronger with all the working out. Good job to you too! And thanks again! :)
  • jensiegel39
    Options
    My brother lost about 130 in 4 months. 53 of that he lost in 1 month.

Don't get discouraged when you lose 11 pounds in 5 weeks. When larger people lose weight quickly it is because they have more to lose. Look at it as a body percentage. 11 pounds off your frame is a higher percentage of your entire body whereas someone who weighs twice as much, 11 pounds is a less percentage amount.

Well, I'm 5'4 and I started at 222 lbs., so I did start at a high weight. However, I guess some just lose faster. 53 lbs in a month is incredible! I have never heard of that. I think men also lose much faster than women. But, I'm proud of my (measly) 11 lbs. In 11 more, I'll be under 200 lbs for the first time in fifteen years. I'm just glad I'm doing anything besides making excuses!

Thanks for the vote of confidence!
  • susanrechter
    susanrechter Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I know I can lose faster if I was really disciplined with exercise and calories. I'm older so it takes time, a lot more time than when I was in my twenties and thirties. It was so easy to lose weight and back then, I wasn't overweight, I never thought about food. Not now! I enjoy food and try to eat quality foods. Living healthy. I've lost 14 lbs since April, 7 months. I want to lose 20 more.
  • supaflyrobby
    Options
    Since I joined MFP and have been keeping meticulous track of things, I have dropped just shy of 20 pounds in about 3 and a half weeks.

I eat a ketogenic diet and spend an hour per day doing cardio.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I've lost 125lbs in 16 months. 15 in Aug '12, 15 in Sept '12, then I started MFP and went to 8lbs a month for about 10 months or so, then 4lbs a month for a couple, then 2-3lbs a month for the last few months. It is a deliberate ploy on my behalf to make my deficit smaller and smaller, the nearer I get to my goal, both for adherence reasons and for an easier transition into maintenance.
  • EJOY1988
    EJOY1988 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    First month I lost 22lbs., Second month I lost 15lbs., Third month I lost about 5lbs. I started losing weight two years ago... since then I have lost a combined total of 80lbs. I went from 232lbs. to 152lbs. I still have some I weight I want to lose, but I know it wont come off as fast because it slowed down after the first couple of months. I'm still a work in progress, but they say slow and steady wins the race. :)
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I've lost a modest 8lbs in 30day, 16lbs in 60 days, 24lbs in 90 days, & 36lbs in almost 5 months since I started MFP in July.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    about 125lbs ten years ago in a period of a year, but I gained it back plus more. Wasn't a very smart diet I was not eating and taking ephedrine
  • MzExclusive85
    Options
    I've lost a modest 8lbs in 30day, 16lbs in 60 days, 24lbs in 90 days, & 36lbs in almost 5 months since I started MFP in July.

congrats to you girl! and love your pic, you look fab!
  • Danimri84
    Danimri84 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    49 pounds since August 1. So 4 months. This 50th pound is evading me. I want it sooo bad. Not only will it be 50 lost, but I will also be under 200!