January 1st

Options

Replies

• abelthephotographer
    Options
    It's been quite a long while since I saw a "what counts as water?" Thread.

Here's one from yesterday ... :D

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1144552-help-water-question
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Oh-noes-everybody-panic.gif
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

Oh-noes-everybody-panic.gif

I love this time of year.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Hopeful, pessimistic, a little gassy...
    tumblr_inline_mx2bi3Y5Gi1r62ljp.gif

my+emotions.gif

happy-troy.gif

GIF-stefon-23812093-500-258.gif

kiss.gif
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Hopeful, pessimistic, a little gassy...
    tumblr_inline_mx2bi3Y5Gi1r62ljp.gif

my+emotions.gif

happy-troy.gif

GIF-stefon-23812093-500-258.gif

kiss.gif

1091.gif
  • myhoneyrose
    Options
    It will great, if some of those people stick around. It is always good to find new friends and maybe even new people who can inspire us to keep up our journey. I hope there are even just a few people who will be successful and that will make the annoying questions worth while for a few weeks. That's only as long as most of these people will last if they are not dedicated.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    *shudder*
  • fowlmeli1093
    Options
    I've been on-again-off again for five years. I've lost 100 pounds twice by using this site. Truth is, it happens for a lot of people. It's hard to make it a "lifestyle" instead of a "diet" which is why most of us are here anyway-trying to make it a lifestyle change for the better.
    One thing I must say, is that I've met some pretty interesting people on here. Some awesome motivators! And after 5 years I still see a few of them on here :)
    That's what I love about this site. If you do stumble for a week, month, or longer, we'll all be right here for ya :)
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Fresh meat!

We've had nothing but maggoty bread for three stinking days!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    *shudder*
    *patpat*
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Fresh meat!

default.jpg
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    I'm hopeful people stick with it. I actually just woke up one day in late July and knew I had to change myself. I didn't have a start date. (It was actually a Wednesday morning). I love these forums--especially the success stories.

That's how I feel as well. I also started my 2011 New Year's resolution in July. I wish everyone who will soon be joining MFP all the best and sincerely hope that they are still with us come March.
  • ann121212
    ann121212 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Once upon a time EVERY single person here was a newbie, and most were looked at as the 'will they/wont they' brigade. MFP is only as strong as its newest member - without them the whole site is on its way to death by disinterest (I imagine it would be very slowly over a number of years as it IS such a great site).

So i gladly welcome all newcomers (and hope they are not 'thick as bricks')

PS thats an aussie expression refers to their mental outlook NOT their body weight.:smile:
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,664 Member
    Options
    I hate how the gym gets crazy crowded in January. My gym gets back to normal in early March.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Once upon a time EVERY single person here was a newbie, and most were looked at as the 'will they/wont they' brigade. MFP is only as strong as its newest member - without them the whole site is on its way to death by disinterest (I imagine it would be very slowly over a number of years as it IS such a great site).

PS thats an aussie expression refers to their mental outlook NOT their body weight.:smile:

I love the naive optimism of newbies and their thoughts on a veritable tsunami of newbies.

Will be interesting to see if you believe the same a year from now...or two years...or more. Actual experience tends to shape our views.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Fresh meat!

default.jpg

Just the legs? They don't need their legs.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Good question. People are not gonna commit to change until the pain of remaining the same is great enough.
  • ann121212
    ann121212 Posts: 290 Member
    Options

I love the naive optimism of newbies and their thoughts on a veritable tsunami of newbies.

Will be interesting to see if you believe the same a year from now...or two years...or more. Actual experience tends to shape our views.

I may be a newbie here - but I have belonged to another similar site for 4 years - and i have always held the same view (I also hold this view about sporting/photographic/craft clubs I am a member of).

But you are correct I am basically an optimist :happy:
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Lots of new people mean more threads on cleansing, fad diets, spot reducing, shakes, and whether or not starvation mode exists. And there is the opportunity for a real exchange of ideas and for the old time mentors to take on new protegés.
  • seren1ty74
    seren1ty74 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    h181658F6

HA!

its fine. I certainly was one. we get the chance to motivate a new crop who can hopefully pay it forward and remain focused for the next crop.