LEMON IN BOILING WATER

Options

Replies

• Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Preachers no preaching!

In all seriousness. This sounds miserable and no amount of lemon water, even if it benefitted will make up for a crap diet. Eat at a moderate deficit and lose weight the right way. You knew what response you'd get♡

stop preaching...

I'd like to see you try over the interwebz!:laugh:
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    No. Lemon in boiling water is not good for losing weight because you lack the proper nutrients and calories to sustain successful weight loss.

I said that as best I could without "preaching".
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    OP- hot lemon water is good, but it should be incorporated into an already healthy diet comprised of protein, carbs and fat. My grandmother used to drink a cup of boiling water with lemon every morning when she first got up, but she also ate well.

Are you going to ruin your metabolism doing a few days of what amounts to fasting? No. Is it healthy as a long-term diet? No. But you already said it's not forever... I think you'll survive; but seriously, protein.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    NO :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    In the very short term I doubt it'll have much negative effect. However, when you start eating properly again the weight will go straight back on anyway as happens in most fad diet so is that really worth it for you?
  • getfitgal123
    getfitgal123 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    OP- hot lemon water is good, but it should be incorporated into an already healthy diet comprised of protein, carbs and fat. My grandmother used to drink a cup of boiling water with lemon every morning when she first got up, but she also ate well.

Are you going to ruin your metabolism doing a few days of what amounts to fasting? No. Is it healthy as a long-term diet? No. But you already said it's not forever... I think you'll survive; but seriously, protein.

This.

I am a fan of the hot lemon water in the morning, I feel like it helps with digestion.
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I'm trying this new thing...it's exlax with a ipecac chaser. I feel great and I'm losing weight. I know this site is supposed to be about 'healthy' weight loss...so no preachers, please. My question is, is this good for my metabolism? I have an fruits and veggies and then make sure I have a small, healthy dinner..... :yawn:
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Look up 'preaching'. I can guarantee it doesn't mean 'disagreeing'. You clearly already know this is bad for you. Stop looking for validation for your ridiculous and unhealthy weight loss method.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I'm trying this new thing...it's exlax with a ipecac chaser. I feel great and I'm losing weight. I know this site is supposed to be about 'healthy' weight loss...so no preachers, please. My question is, is this good for my metabolism? I have an fruits and veggies and then make sure I have a small, healthy dinner..... :yawn:
    As long as the exlax and ipecac fits your macros, you should be good.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    thanks for the preaching (see earlier comment!!!)
    it was a straightforward question regarding metabolism. it is not a long term thing!

"I'm going to drive my car off a cliff into the sea, then float all the way to France. So should I float north, south, east or west to get to France? I don't want to hear from any preachers telling me that this is a bad idea and my car's going to sink so if you're going to preach at me, then don't!!!"

"Errrr.... I really think that's a bad idea.... cars don't float. In fact you'll be lucky if you don't drown. You won't get to France like that, although you might become shark food."

"I said no preachers!!!! It was just a simple questions regarding what direction France is in!!!"

What you are doing is a very bad idea, you can't post about doing stupid things on a public forum and expect people to not point out that what you're doing is stupid. If you want to go ahead and continue with this lemon water + veg diet, go ahead, but if you post about it on a public forum, you will get people pointing out the obvious flaws in it and giving you better advice.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    It's bad for your metabolism because you'll lose muscle. The more muscle you have, the more you burn. I know you don't want preaching, but I can't help it-this is terrible for your teeth.
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    As long as the exlax and ipecac fits your macros, you should be good.

and fits your toilet...and hit the fan pleaze! :laugh:

oh and OP - No
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Your going to really hate yourself when you eat a sandwich and gain back all you lost drinking lemon water and eating cabbage.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    ^^This
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    thanks for the preaching (see earlier comment!!!)
    it was a straightforward question regarding metabolism. it is not a long term thing!

I'm going to be very blunt.

If you put a question out there you don't get to control the type of answers you get.

What you're doing is stupid and meant to be a quick fix. It won't boost your metabolism at all. In fact, it could eventually slow it down due to lack of food.

So. this silly lemon and water diet is not meant to be long term? Well, let me tell you something--the potential damage you could do to your body WILL be long term.

Please eat properly.
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    You really think there's a magical secret to weight loss? Well, there is one, but this ain't it. The magical secret to weight loss is the calorie deficit. It sounds like you might be creating one, in a roundabout way, and that's why you're losing weight. The lemon water is really just very weak tea. If you think you've fooled your body into doing something unique, well, let me tell you about some investment opportunities...

As far as your metabolism goes, it's really hard to "break". But I see a lot of yo-yo dieting in your future, so maybe you'll manage to break it somehow. Anyone who is always looking for a gimmick or a quick fix is not going to do well with weight loss for any length of time, or do well with maintenance. I'd wish you luck, but you'd probably consider that "preaching".
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Doesn't the boiling water scald your mouth?
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Will it hurt your metabolism? Yes. Your body is your metabolism and not fueling it properly with the correct nutrients will hinder it's performance.

Just my 2 cents.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    You need to properly fuel your body. End of discussion.
This discussion has been closed.