LEMON IN BOILING WATER

Options

Replies

• megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    if anyone can give me a straight answer please do :)

somebody did. you just didn't like it.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Prepare for stomach acidity and pooping.

I'm sure you are doing what you think is best, regardless of the many many logical naysayers. Good luck with your fitness goals. :flowerforyou:
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    No Gena, no.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    thanks for the preaching (see earlier comment!!!)
    it was a straightforward question regarding metabolism. it is not a long term thing!

the only way to "jump start" or increase your metabolism is with food. and then MORE food.

Use lemon water if you like it- but don't rely on it for anything other than refreshing water.

I don't think it falls into one of the essential MACRO-nutrient category's- you know- the things you need to survive.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Well it won't kill you or anything. So I guess there is that.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    it was a straightforward question regarding metabolism. it is not a long term thing!

"I'm going to drive my car off a cliff into the sea, then float all the way to France. So should I float north, south, east or west to get to France? I don't want to hear from any preachers telling me that this is a bad idea and my car's going to sink so if you're going to preach at me, then don't!!!"

"Errrr.... I really think that's a bad idea.... cars don't float. In fact you'll be lucky if you don't drown. You won't get to France like that, although you might become shark food."

"I said no preachers!!!! It was just a simple questions regarding what direction France is in!!!"

What you are doing is a very bad idea, you can't post about doing stupid things on a public forum and expect people to not point out that what you're doing is stupid. If you want to go ahead and continue with this lemon water + veg diet, go ahead, but if you post about it on a public forum, you will get people pointing out the obvious flaws in it and giving you better advice.

Fantastic analogy. :drinker:
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Mods remember: no preachy closing this thread due to obviously unsafe diet.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    tagging this to enjoy later with lots of lulz and giggles.

thanks OP. :flowerforyou:
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    at least you won't get scurvy. I guess.
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    How OP views us all:

799634.jpg
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    You're doing it wrong. Add a scoop of protein powder to the water before adding the lemon. Chase it with a piece of toast. That'll get you on the right track.
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    NO!

(Far be it from me to preach to anyone) :wink:
  • Seesawboomerang
    Seesawboomerang Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I love warm lemon water in the morning. It surely has benefits.

Heard tell some have tried living on that alone with a bit of maple syrup.

Hahaha! And this is easier than simply exercising daily and not pigging out? :laugh:
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    what 14mph said lol
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! And this is easier than simply exercising daily and not pigging out? :laugh:

so true!!! This is what always baffles me about these crash diets. Losing weight the healthy way is so much easier and doesn't involve either self-deprivation or self-torture.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

the only way to "jump start" or increase your metabolism is with food. and then MORE food.

Use lemon water if you like it- but don't rely on it for anything other than refreshing water.

I don't think it falls into one of the essential MACRO-nutrient category's- you know- the things you need to survive.

Disagree. Exercise and Amphetamines both increase metabolism quite effectively.
  • bikerist
    Options
    I quite like lemon in WARM water, but I mostly drink it with a decent squeeze of honey when I have a cold :)

I juiced for 2 days before my wedding, I had noooo appetite for food and my dress was on the slightly tight side of 'well fitted'... it's only a quick fix though, the weight went back on within a day of eating!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    My question IS - is it ok for your metabolism for you to drink mainly lemon water without much food at all

No, it's not.
  • SofaKingRad_II
    Options
    Well it depends. Is it with or without the lemon peel?

The reason I ask is because if it includes the peel, it is not good for you to solely consume lemon water for both short and long terms. You're better off changing your diet to a healthy diet and working out more.

If it DOES NOT include the peel, it is not good for you to solely consume lemon water for both short term and long terms. You're better off changing your diet to a healthy diet and working out more.

I hope this helps. :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.