Replies

• jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    tagging for the hilarious .gifs ... hopefully i'm not in any of them
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's important to practice at home, too.

workoutp1.gif
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Resolutioners are easily moved off equipment, you just say "How many sets you got left?" They get flustered and say they're done:wink:
    LOL - I'll have to try this when I find one of the sr citizens dozing on a machine. (yep, it's happened!)

Seriously though - why is is it that people get all butt-hurt when we make a simple observation about newbies in the gym?

Yes, I was a newbie once and sometimes still feel like a newbie depending on what I'm doing. But just because people are newbies doesn't mean that common sense and common courtesies should go out the window. Please - wipe down the machines after you use them, and don't just take up space on the machines by talking/texting on your cell phone. Other than that - good for you for making the effort!
  • kariplz
    kariplz Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    The view is the only upside to this time of year : )

44772.gif

I HAVE SEEN THIS IN REAL LIFE... LMAO!
  • Salty_Sauce
    Salty_Sauce Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I was a new years resolutioner once ! A lot of us were.......... so I could care less about the haters.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    working_out_puppies_gif-1141_large.jpg

*Other picture was all funky.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Your logic does not apply to me, I shall continue to be a mean bully and stand behind people with a hand on my hip, tapping my foot and staring them down in the mirror until they get the heck out of my squat rack.

Especially the bros that curl in the squat rack. Dude. It's called a SQUAT rack.
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    p3rD5yP.gif
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    i dont mind the resolutioners at all. in fact, i always find it inspiring to see someone come in on day one (just like we all did at some point), and not necessarily know exactly what theyre doing, but then they stick with it and really make great progress.

i certainly didnt come out of the womb with weights in my hands, so it's good for me to remember that i was a n00b not so long ago (and still have plenty to learn).

it does mean i might have to wait for the squat rack on occasion, but that's my fault for going to a small gym with only one.

ETA: yes, the gifs are hilarious. i fell off a bench maybe 6 months ago...glad no one made a gif of THAT. lol
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,619 Member
    Options
    I love resolutioners!

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I love resolutioners!

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

:laugh: I bet you do!
  • traceyjj
    traceyjj Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Ah but its not just the resolutioners that mess up.... there were a small group of young men messing at the gym last week. I really thought one was going to get badly injured when they put both arms and legs on the suspension trainer and got their friends to swing them back and forth.

My gym has been getting busier already. Free weights were so busy tonight I didnt get anywhere near the squat rack :(
  • RosaliaBee
    RosaliaBee Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Oddly enough, this thought crossed my mind when reading the complaints here about forthcoming newb members in the new year.. Newsflash, your gym doesn't exist to get you fit - fit people are just decoration - it exists to provide you with the fantasy of getting fit; it's the unfulfilled fantasies of paying non-exercising members that it financially fattens itself on. Without them, it wouldn't be there.
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    46UPa8D.gif

Omg this made my day :)
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    The resolutioners are only half the problem. The other half is all the people who already have giant muscles. It's like, "what are you still doing here? You're done!"
  • christianteach
    christianteach Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I'd rather the people just pay and never show up at all. Can't we have it that way?

That's been me for the past couple of months. Not that I don't workout, I just do it at home. I keep telling myself I'm going to use that membership I keep paying for.
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    My only problem with resolutioners is the ones that take up space in class, but put in no effort. I can deal with the crowd most of the time, but the people who take up room and don't work at or pretend to be working drive me crazy.

The other day a guy was sitting on the leg press while on the phone, that is just not right. If you gotta be on the phone, get off the equipment.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I suppose when it comes down to it, I was a January resolutioner *shrug*. I started on MFP in the spring, but I had started Weight Watchers in January prior to that.

And I'm still here... almost 2 years later.

Give them a chance. Pretend they're like the MFP people you're trying to encourage on the forum every day.