Obese...with defined abs?!

Options

Replies

• martha19652013
    Options
    I feel, you are trying to put the lady down. Encouragement would be nice because for sure she is doing something on her weight!
  • hilts1969
    hilts1969 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I feel, you are trying to put the lady down. Encouragement would be nice because for sure she is doing something on her weight!

She is doing great and well done but she doesn't have abs showing and telling her will do no harm whatsoever, there is a huge difference between motivation and delusion, but if you want to go down the go girl route fair play
  • minuz5
    minuz5 Posts: 256 Member
    Options

She is doing great and well done but she doesn't have abs showing and telling her will do no harm whatsoever, there is a huge difference between motivation and delusion, but if you want to go down the go girl route fair play

I have to totally agree with you! OP is far beyond defined abs, but she is going the right path, keep the good work and eventually, one day you will see them. PS. abs are the most difficult muscle group to define if you have high BF %.
  • martha19652013
    Options
    If someone sees abs in themselves as a motivation then there's no problem in that. What matters is what she thinks really,our is just an opinion...
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the great progress.

Since you asked the question in the title, no, those aren't abs. It's an absence of adipose tissue in some areas of your stomach that have caused a 'dent', creating shadows and giving the appearance of abs. I have the same thing going on. Those shadowed areas are not my abs, just pattern of fat distribution that causes shadows.

e0737975-75ea-4343-a6d5-aa03dbc577c3_zps078f2d8c.jpg

Don't let it discourage you though. Keep up the great work and you'll see those abs one day.

Good luck!

Thank you! To the person making childish comments about the OPs photos - here is an example of supportive honesty.

I have that too, and wondered if it's a shadow of the abdominal muscles underneath but what you say makes sense.

FWIW if I poke my finger through the chub on my stomach I can feel abs, and I have far more range in leg raises than I used to, so I know it's happening.

OP, awesome weight loss!
  • minuz5
    minuz5 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    If someone sees abs in themselves as a motivation then there's no problem in that. What matters is what she thinks really,our is just an opinion...

Yeah, you can imagine how would you look with abs, and that's perfectly cool. But when someone posts something in a forum, with a ridiculous title like "obese with defined abs" then that's delusional for sure,plus it's a forum, if you don't want opinion, then keep yourself away from places like this. No offence OP, I think you're doing great job but it's physically impossible to have defined abs with high BF %.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Is this one of those pictures where you have to stare at it for a long time? I have been looking for 10 minutes without blinking and i can't see any abs, i thought i saw baby jebus at one point but i lost it again

Worried i need an eye test now tbh

your comments above are quite childish.

to the op well done for your losses so far and keep up the good work. your second set of pictures show how far you have come

I obviously have issues and your negativity is not helpful, can you not be more supportive please

I will support you if you really need it. Just like you could support the OP too. That doesnot mean you have to agree with her but dont put a downer on someone's hard work. Look at her second set of pictures and see how she is working on herself.
  • hilts1969
    Options
    Is this one of those pictures where you have to stare at it for a long time? I have been looking for 10 minutes without blinking and i can't see any abs, i thought i saw baby jebus at one point but i lost it again

to the op well done for your losses so far and keep up the good work. your second set of pictures show how far you have come

I obviously have issues and your negativity is not helpful, can you not be more supportive please

I will support you if you really need it. Just like you could support the OP too. That doesnot mean you have to agree with her but dont put a downer on someone's hard work. Look at her second set of pictures and see how she is working on herself.

I didn't put a downer on her, i told her the truth through humour, i don't need support, especially not the sort you get on here, it is a forum where you can express an opinion not a "agree with whatever the op puts otherwise they might rush out and eat a cake" forum

Perspective, common sense and the ability to laugh is a wonderful thing
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

I didn't put a downer on her, i told her the truth through humour, i don't need support, especially not the sort you get on here, it is a forum where you can express an opinion not a "agree with whatever the op puts otherwise they might rush out and eat a cake" forum

umm no you acted like an ahole....but if that is what you want to do then that is cool, it is after all, a public forum...
  • hilts1969
    Options

umm no you acted like an ahole....but if that is what you want to do then that is cool, it is after all, a public forum...

I use humour you use ahole different strokes and all that, thanks for sharing

mock outrage is my favourite part of these groundhog day threads
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

Your comment must be one of those you have to stare at for a really long time to see the humor. I've been staring at it for ten minutes and still don't see it. I'm worried I might be going blind.

Is it really humor if you're the only on that thinks it's funny?

Tact: you lack it
  • girlinagirdle
    girlinagirdle Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Well done! I have a similar thing going on - I know they aren't really 'abs' I call them my 'fl-abs' ....but it motivates me to see them because I know that means positive changes are happening in my body. I hope the changes you are seeing motivate you too.
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I think you are doing a great job - once you have lost a little more weight, with your dedication and persistence, I am sure you will see the abs you are already working on so very hard. You mention you feel the abdominal muscle and I'm sure it's there -- keep at it!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    you've lost some good amount of weight. but i cant say that there are abs just yet. but keep it up!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I think you are doing a great job - once you have lost a little more weight, with your dedication and persistence, I am sure you will see the abs you are already working on so very hard. You mention you feel the abdominal muscle and I'm sure it's there -- keep at it!

this.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    To be completely honest, there's no change in the two pictures. They are taken at different distances and different angles, which may be why first glance looks different, but there is no change between them.

You have come a long way from where you first started, but still plenty of work left ahead.
  • hilts1969
    Options

the sad part is it was not even funny....I am sure you are the life of the party..

With that cliched quip i wouldn't judge if i was you, life and soul of the party, original
  • helpwithbulk
    Options
    Nice Abs!
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I see some incredible progress, you are doing amazing! Keep it up.
  • skittle316
    skittle316 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    great work but you can't have abs or definition with the excess fat. I've had the feeling you've have and it's probably due to your stomach stomach folding causing a crease that happens to look like definition
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!