noticing a trend

Options

Replies

• SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I thought this was going to be a thread about the extreme rise in popularity with zombies as of late.
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I guess it just depends more on the type women you hang around with, than wether they are male or female.
  • janessafantasma
    janessafantasma Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I agree with the OP, women are cruel towards each other. There has been some legitimate peer reviewed research that has been done on this, it's weird a phenomenon that occurs. It's sad that it has to happen.
  • ZombieGeezUs
    Options
    I thought this was going to be a thread about the extreme rise in popularity with zombies as of late.

It is actually an over-saturation of zombie stuff as of late. I blame walking dead
  • SerenaFisher
    Options
    I agree with the OP, women are cruel towards each other. There has been some legitimate peer reviewed research that has been done on this, it's weird a phenomenon that occurs. It's sad that it has to happen.
    It isn't sad unless you personally let it happen.:bigsmile: zombies....where are the zombies?

Oh. Nevermind.:wink:
  • TheFangsKittie
    TheFangsKittie Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Zombies....all that protein. Lean and slender.
  • SerenaFisher
    Options

It is actually an over-saturation of zombie stuff as of late. I blame walking dead
    I blame the zombies, they are just so easy for so many to relate too.
  • ZombieGeezUs
    Options

*fixed to reflect your edit*

I think you might've not understood his wording.

He means by "spitting venom" as in taking jabs or being negative at each others on an emotional level, like venom words hurt you from the inside.

Men tend to be straight forward about their need or want to hurt someone, as in a physical way.

It is a generalization but his point is somewhat valid.

We can say people are people but human behaviors are dictated by gender leaning a lot of the time.

But I also don't believe in psychology it seems like a bunch of hokus pokus to me. /sarcasm

No, I understood what he meant, but I'm not really buying the "I'm just asking an innocent question" bit. It wouldn't go over well if I posted a thread that said, "No one get huffy, making generalizations, but don't men commit more acts of violence than women? No, no point, just a question ..." :smokin:

The post above is why I hate these threads so much. People are people, and many of our actions are shaped by gender roles, culture, and biology, but aggression is aggression, hurtful is hurtful, whether it happens in word or body. (Yes, some consequences can be worse than others. But both sides of this gender war can claim some share there.) CEO's become powerful, but it's not usually through punching someone out. There are emotional and mental power plays at work too.

The point of this thread was to initiate a discussion. I don't know what other ulterior motive I would have. I am not Dr. Claw. Some women agree, some disagree and I see both sides.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Most women are catty, manipulative and self-centered. And I have come to the conclusion that there are usually only 2 reasons for this: they either care WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much about what they THINK other people think about them, or they are what I call d!ck-chasers. Everything they do revolves around the goal of "I need every man to want me, including men that are off the market, and I need all women to know that every man wants me." It's literally disgusting and the reason why I am exceptionally picky about what females I allow to associate themselves with me.

You and I wouldn't be friends. But keep deluding yourself into thinking that it's because I care too much about what I think other people think about me(?), or because I want your man.
  • TheFangsKittie
    Options

like the vacuous catty women trying to emulate hollywood stick insects. Zombies...all of em..
  • Yoatl
    Yoatl Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    hey guys new to mfp could use motivation and useful tips looking for friends
  • Julesbait
    Julesbait Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Before someone gets all huffy, this is just a very broad generalization.

Now, I have noticed that women spit out far more venom towards each other than men when it comes to fitness. Well....actually, when it comes to anything. Am I wrong in seeing that?
    ''

It's not just about fitness. Every job I've had with women co workers has always been a catty and miserable work experience. I even prefer male friends. Just less....*****iness.

When you can't get along with half of the people you meet you might want to consider that maybe it's not them, but you. If you go to work expecting every woman there to be a catty b%$tch, and treating them as such...well..i am sure you see where i am going with this.

^^^ This x 1,000,000.

When it comes to relationships with other people, I firmly believe that 90% of the time, you get out of it what you put into it.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Perception is your reality.

I dont see these issues with most women. But I dont look for it.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    hey guys new to mfp could use motivation and useful tips looking for friends
    Are you someone's man?
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

The point of this thread was to initiate a discussion. I don't know what other ulterior motive I would have. I am not Dr. Claw. Some women agree, some disagree and I see both sides.

Yes, the discussion was what I find irritating. You have the right to post it and get it started. These threads are predictable. At least several women will show up agreeing that women suck and are terrible to each other and you just can't be around them *****es.

It's an easy way to stereotype a group and it's considered "truth" but I don't believe it is. Some women can be emotionally/mentally cruel, some women can be physically cruel (child abuse, DV), and some men can be emotionally cruel and physically cruel. I don't include those people in my life and I'm not living in a bomb shelter with a couple stragglers from the genders. Most people are generally ok with the capacity to be cruel.
  • SerenaFisher
    Options

Silly humans brains are for zombies *evil laugh*

like the vacuous catty women trying to emulate hollywood stick insects. Zombies...all of em..
  • janessafantasma
    janessafantasma Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Of course it's predictable that women will show up and day that women are mean and cruel, that doesn't make the women who say it mean or cruel. It's just their observation. I have been mean and catty to other females and I've had the same back at me. I've grown up and realized that being petty and mean does nothing for anyone. I grew out of junior high behavior in junior high. Unfortunately not all women have. Look at all the fat shaming and trolling that other women do to each other, it's pathetic and unnecessary. Sure it's an easy stereotype and it's one many females fall under because of how society raises them to okay their gender. Congrats to you for recognizing it and not wanting to be a part of it though.

Yes, the discussion was what I find irritating. You have the right to post it and get it started. These threads are predictable. At least several women will show up agreeing that women suck and are terrible to each other and you just can't be around them *****es.

It's an easy way to stereotype a group and it's considered "truth" but I don't believe it is. Some women can be emotionally/mentally cruel, some women can be physically cruel (child abuse, DV), and some men can be emotionally cruel and physically cruel. I don't include those people in my life and I'm not living in a bomb shelter with a couple stragglers from the genders. Most people are generally ok with the capacity to be cruel.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Most women are catty, manipulative and self-centered. And I have come to the conclusion that there are usually only 2 reasons for this: they either care WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much about what they THINK other people think about them, or they are what I call d!ck-chasers. Everything they do revolves around the goal of "I need every man to want me, including men that are off the market, and I need all women to know that every man wants me." It's literally disgusting and the reason why I am exceptionally picky about what females I allow to associate themselves with me.

Sounds like the waiting list is short
  • TheFangsKittie
    Options

Silly humans brains are for zombies *evil laugh*

to the pub!....gotta get my cornetto on the way :D
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

Responses like this just make me sad.

Do you really think so little of your own gender? I have many valuable friends who are women. They are wonderful and warm and supportive. It wasn't always so-- when I was much younger I used to think that I couldn't get along with other women because other women were awful. It turns out that they weren't the problem, I was. If I hadn't learned to see other women in a more favorable light I would have missed out on many fantastic relationships. Food for thought.

:drinker:
This discussion has been closed.