2000 calorie daily deficit?

124»

Replies

• teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    keep-calm-and-kickstart-my-heart.png

:laugh:

OP, you only have 16 pounds to go. Why do this?
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    and on that note...thoughts on 2 days of a 30-40% calorie deficit followed by a day of maintenance or close too, and then repeat...would this be a more sound strategy for a short-term solution?

That's sliding towards Intermittent Fasting. You'll find lots of IFers around here.

From my personal experience, just be careful how you time the low-eating days in relation to your runs. I say this as someone who bonked hard on a 10k run this morning primarily because of meal timing yesterday.
  • longtimeterp
    longtimeterp Posts: 614 Member

OP, you only have 16 pounds to go. Why do this?

because sadly its been the same 10-25 lbs to go for several months...heck i was up to 212 right after thanksgiving though im sure that was sodium and water related as now im back to 195.

edited for heck lol...dont wanna violate the tos!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    and on that note...thoughts on 2 days of a 30-40% calorie deficit followed by a day of maintenance or close too, and then repeat...would this be a more sound strategy for a short-term solution?

That's sliding towards Intermittent Fasting. You'll find lots of IFers around here.

From my personal experience, just be careful how you time the low-eating days in relation to your runs. I say this as someone who bonked hard on a 10k run this morning primarily because of meal timing yesterday.
    ^I'd agree with that.

I don't know much about intermittent fasting. There are two ways of doing it. Eat at a moderate deficit every day and only eat during a certain window of time (6-10 hours I think, but there are tons of variation). I'm not entirely sure of the benefit, but you get to eat larger meals, so maybe it's more sustainable for some people? I know there's also debate about training fasted, but I don't think that'd work well with long runs (but I'm sure there are people with better experience and knowledge than me).

There's also a form of IF that has an extreme deficit for two days and then maintenance for the other 5, which sounds like what you're talking about. There are probably some IF groups with more information.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    grumpy-cat-8141_preview_zps9177ab07.png

growlingdog.jpg
    take that kitty cat! lol Dogs Rule!

No, dogs drool.
  • longtimeterp
    longtimeterp Posts: 614 Member
    Well, just as an update, since monday when i first posted, i'm down 3.5 lbs and 1% bodyfat...and thanks to everyones input the deficit is closer to an average of 1500/cal a day...and i did not feel any weaker at the gym yesterday either!