protein shake Loose or gain weight pls help

Options
Hi every one I started drinking* MUSCLE MILK LIGHT*as my PROTEIN SHAKE my queation for yall is would I gain weight? I'm scared!!!! All of my friends drink HERBAL LIFE.....ANYWAY I count my calories and after my work out I drink my muscle milk light IF ANYONE CAN PLS HELP ME OR GIVE ME ADVISE ON WHATS GOOD or anyone that has had musclemilk tell me if it works??? I WANT TO BUILD MUSCLE NOT GAIN weIGHT

Replies

• TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Gaining weight is kind-a inevitable if you want to gain muscle too.You might want to start using a measuring tape as an indication only because if you lose fat and gain muscle and you are absolutely contempt that you want to see the scale go down...you won't be pleased....
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Are you eating at a calorie surplus or deficit?
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Unless you're drinking a gallon of it a day & not exercising, it's not going to make you gain weight. It doesn't help you lose either. It's a suppliment that is meant to be taken with exercise (or post-workout.) Alone, it's not going to make you do one of the other. That's not the point of protein suppliments like Muscle Milk. It's for protein. Muscle Milk has a "Gainer" line (like you had the "Light") that can do what it says because it has a lot more calories than the regular version & is meant for people purfosefully working out to gain weight & muscle.
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Gain muscle you need to eat at a surplus, lose weight you need to eat at a deficit. I think what you mean about gaining muscle is that you want to lose fat to reveal your muscle? if so just keep eating at a deficit and concentratemore on lowering your bodyfat percentage rather than concentrating on losing weight. FYI you can still lose weight while taking a weight gainer as long as you're still in a deficit, calories in vs calories out.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    If you eat at a deficit, you lose weight...if you eat at a surplus, you gain weight....so you won't gain weight if you stay under your calorie goal, regardless if your drinking your muscle milk
  • Amadbro
    Amadbro Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Hi every one I started drinking* MUSCLE MILK LIGHT*as my PROTEIN SHAKE my queation for yall is would I gain weight? I'm scared!!!! All of my friends drink HERBAL LIFE.....ANYWAY I count my calories and after my work out I drink my muscle milk light IF ANYONE CAN PLS HELP ME OR GIVE ME ADVISE ON WHATS GOOD or anyone that has had musclemilk tell me if it works??? I WANT TO BUILD MUSCLE NOT GAIN weIGHT

YES you will gain TONS of WEIGHT. Most of it WILL be FAT.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Judging by your ticker, you current goal is to lose weight?
    If that's the case, you should be eating at a calorie deficit, and if you're eating at a calorie deficit, you will not gain weight no matter which protein shake you choose. Just log it correctly, stay at or near your calorie goal, and it will be fine.
    There are no magical weight loss properties in herbalife, and there are no magical weight gain properties in muscle milk. To lose weight, you have to eat less than your maintenance calories, and to gain weight, you have to eat above your maintenance calories.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Excess calorie consumption causes weight gain.
  • albertnico
    Options
    Hmmm...not all calories are equal. To answer your question, you might gain some weight depending on the composition of your shake, your diet and the type of exercises you do.

On the one hand, if you are building muscle through sufficiently intense weight traning, then your metabolism will increase and losing weight will become easier in the future as compared to potential attempts in the past.

On the other hand, as another person commented above, muscle weights more than fat, so it is possible that you will gain some scale-based weight.

However, all of the above is no precise science. You need to be able to listen to your body.

For example, 3 months ago I quit smoking, started going to the gym and changed my diet. For the first few weeks I substituted my fat for muscle, thus looking leaner without increasing my overall weight. FYI https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th2JqVrbbnE
  • esme8709
    Options
    Thnk you ;) apretiate ure time I will do :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I WANT TO BUILD MUSCLE NOT GAIN weIGHT

THIS IS NOT POSSible
  • esme8709
    Options
    Thnks for ure time ;) and I will be counting my calories and measuring
  • esme8709
    Options
    Thank you I will watch the youtube and I apretiate it a lot
  • esme8709
    Options
    Thnk you ;)
  • esme8709
    Options
    Thnk u so much I get what ure saying ;) I was scared
  • esme8709
    Options
    Thnk u I apretiate ure advise ;)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    You might want to use the quote option when replying (reply just puts a blank reply up...quote will quote the other poster). This will help people know who you are responding to.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    You might want to use the quote option when replying (reply just puts a blank reply up...quote will quote the other poster). This will help people know who you are responding to.

It's much more comical this way tho ;)
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    Thank you I will watch the youtube and I apretiate it a lot

the youtube has some great stuff, but you can also use the google to read up on some more info about nutrition. good luck OP!
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

It's much more comical this way tho ;)

Bad. :laugh: