Favorite piece of advice

Options

Replies

• MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I was advised to read the article below (which caused me to slow down for most of my training runs):
    http://philmaffetone.com/180-formula
  • XTSH
    XTSH Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Track food intake honestly. And move a lot.
  • _jayciemarie_
    _jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Most definetely-USE A FOOD SCALE or you won't like your body weight scale!!!
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    eat to live, not live to eat.
  • andreahanlon
    andreahanlon Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Only eat when you're hungry.
  • lindzann88
    lindzann88 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    These are all wonderful!! Keep them coming!!
  • chasethesky125
    Options
    1. "Sometimes you hate it, but you still have to do it." -My mother
    2. "Do it for yourself, not for others"- Also my mother lol

I hate getting up in the morning to go exercise, but I have to do it because I refuse to stay still and not do anything. So those quotes pretty much are the reason I get up and move my butt.:blushing:
  • Emilie04444
    Emilie04444 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    The best piece of advice ever was "I don't take the first bite, I don't begin, I don't have any problem". That's from Stephen Gullo's book "Thin Tastes Better", in the section about going cold turkey on foods you have a history of binging on the most.

If I don't start eating chocolate, as in I don't take even one bite, I do so much better keeping calories in check. If I start eating any chocolate, I eat a lot of it. I find it easier to just not start, though it's still hard.

Ooh I am stealing this one for sure. It definitely resonates with me b/c I convince myself every week that I can buy a pint of ice cream and have a spoonful and walk away.

I know you can't outrun a bad diet, but I am someone that eats better when I am exercise, so a good piece of advice that I got early on was to follow your exercise plan no matter how you ate during the day. I am really an all or nothing kind of girl (working on it), so I try to follow a workout plan and let it be separate from my diet. That way I build the habit and it inevitably makes me eat better. If I don't follow the plan, then I eat horrible and it's a downward spiral. It's sooooo easy to say, I had a 300 cal donut today so I am not gonna exercise and order takeout.

Hope that makes sense.
  • JustMeee333
    Options
    If it's not hunger, food won't fix it.
    Much love for this one, Thank you. :flowerforyou:
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    LCHF
  • KayNowayJose
    KayNowayJose Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    log everything. "if you bite it, you write it" I thought that was cute but realized how true it was when I logged a stick of gum and a cough drop. What the heck? lol

This. I was appalled with the results one time when I logged a lollipop. Needless to say, I haven't had one in awhile. I mean, you have to pick what to 'indulge in' and well...that lollipop put a LOT into perspective.
  • janer4jc
    janer4jc Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Don't focus on one number but your overall health.
  • focuseddiva
    focuseddiva Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Wight loss happens in the kitchen. Maintenance happens in the gym.
  • anetap2000
    anetap2000 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    If you won't eat it today, it's still gonna be here tomorrow.
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    'You never fail if you keep trying'

It's not specific for weightloss but I think it's a great quote because it reminds me to always be self compassionate.
  • balancedbrunette
    balancedbrunette Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    *This is a lifestyle change not a diet - fuel your body with whole, nutritious food and enjoy your treats in moderation, nothing needs to be cut, just moderated - it takes practice and time which leads me to
    * Patience - weight gain didn't happen over night and won't be lost overnight/in weeks either - in many cases expect it to take longer than even you desire - there will be pitfalls along the way but its all part of the process - of changing your lifestyle and not only getting down to the weight you would like but having a whole new outlook on what you put into your body and how you feel about yourself. :)
    And lastly don't beat yourself up/guilt yourself over mistakes, pick yourself up and move on, log everything to stay accountable...you can do this!

^Snippets of advice I have gotten a lot since I joined here, this site has really helped me with my journey. :)
  • Saramelie
    Saramelie Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    If you have a problem and you eat over it, then you have two problems!
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Be kind to yourself. Forgive yourself for slips in your plan since that's the best way to move past them and get back on track.
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    Options
    If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you
  • DeeDeeMee
    DeeDeeMee Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My very favourite and the one that rammed home form me just how weight loss could be is:

According to the law of physics e=mc2 it is physically impossible NOT to lose weight if you are consuming less than you are burning.