My birthday is on Saturday!

Options
2»

Replies

• briana12077
    briana12077 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    My mom said she would cook me anything she wants/ make me any cake or dessert I want.
    I told her I don't want anything high in calories or fat if it can be avoided because I won't have fun trying to not eat a lot of it on my bday.

What are some good low cal/low fat dessert recipes you guys know of?

I would possibly seek out professional help, if you cannot enjoy 1 day of eating slightly higher cals than usual

oh god.....:noway:
    I can enjoy one day. But I'm also going to the movies (snacks may be involved) and going out to eat that day. Most cakes are SO many calories and so are any cookies or desserts my mom would make from a box mix. She isn't like a professional so I was wondering if there were any recipes. I don't need professional help, I go over almost everyday and I don't fret. I just try to keep it as close to my goal as possible and like to plan ahead.
    Also, a yummy low calorie dessert sounds better to me than some cake that will make me feel gross. I am just trying to be in a good mind set. I am to plan ahead. I'm new to this and just asked for some fun ideas.
    I didn't say I couldn't enjoy a day if I go over, I said I wouldn't enjoy seeing something on my birthday that I can't eat more than two bites of without going over and have to resist. How is that fun? I have habbits of overeating and when you know your own issues you try to avoid putting yourself in those situations.:bigsmile:
  • briana12077
    Options

this.
    dont torture your friends with pretend treats.
    enjoy your bday for x's sake.

um thanks but no thanks. I only have 1 friend who is coming over and she is not going to mind because she loves me. I'm not having a huge party. Calm down guys.
  • briana12077
    Options
    I don't count calories on my birthday!! I eat whatever I want and enjoy my day! The day after my birthday I'm back to beast mode - healthy eating and working out....bye bye cake. The important thing is consistency. There was a quote on Nerd Fitness once that I can't completely remember but the gist of it is - If you're awesome, consistent and staying on target 200 + days a year, don't worry about a handful of special events.

^^^This^^^

If you are in it for the long haul and know you have the willpower to get back to your new lifestyle, in the long run, its not even a speed bump. You may gain a pound of water weight is all.

I totally agree and follow this "...consistent and staying on target 200 + days a year, don't worry about a handful of special events."

Nothing wrong with doing the best I can. Other days such as actual holidays will be harder for me to plan ahead and control. I CAN control MY birthday and deserve to go to bed that night feeling like I did a good job, yes even if I go way over. But if I make all the best choices I could, I'll feel happier. I am in this for the long run and that means I am not going to go crazy just cause its my birthday. I'll do what I can every chance I get, if I can't then oh well. I'd rather save those cheat days for the days I actually mess up or can't count my calories for some reason.

Thanks for all the ideas guys :)
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I don't count calories on my birthday!! I eat whatever I want and enjoy my day! The day after my birthday I'm back to beast mode - healthy eating and working out....bye bye cake. The important thing is consistency. There was a quote on Nerd Fitness once that I can't completely remember but the gist of it is - If you're awesome, consistent and staying on target 200 + days a year, don't worry about a handful of special events.

^^^This^^^

If you are in it for the long haul and know you have the willpower to get back to your new lifestyle, in the long run, its not even a speed bump. You may gain a pound of water weight is all.

I totally agree and follow this "...consistent and staying on target 200 + days a year, don't worry about a handful of special events."

Nothing wrong with doing the best I can. Other days such as actual holidays will be harder for me to plan ahead and control. I CAN control MY birthday and deserve to go to bed that night feeling like I did a good job, yes even if I go way over. But if I make all the best choices I could, I'll feel happier. I am in this for the long run and that means I am not going to go crazy just cause its my birthday. I'll do what I can every chance I get, if I can't then oh well. I'd rather save those cheat days for the days I actually mess up or can't count my calories for some reason.

Just because someone makes you a cake doesn't mean you have to eat the whole cake. One normal slice of birthday cake would be, what? 200, 300 calories?
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I ate 5000+ calories yesterday because my birthday is in April.

Relax. A bit of cake isn't going to make you fat. You need to be consistent over weeks and months and years in your diet and training program, not over a few extra grams of fat or calories.

Oh, and Happy Birthday.
  • briana12077
    Options

^^^This^^^

Just because someone makes you a cake doesn't mean you have to eat the whole cake. One normal slice of birthday cake would be, what? 200, 300 calories?

Yeah okay you missed my whole freaking point. It doesn't mean I'd have to eat the whole damn cake but I like cake and might want to and then I'd have to resist. I don't want to on my birthday when I do every single day. Anyways, I asked for healthy ideas. If you don't have any leave me alone. Don't jump on me acting like I'm a crazy person because I want a healthy dessert idea. Healthy desserts are delicious I just don't know any that I can make. Thanks for the obvious crap I already know.
  • briana12077
    Options
    I ate 5000+ calories yesterday because my birthday is in April.

Relax. A bit of cake isn't going to make you fat. You need to be consistent over weeks and months and years in your diet and training program, not over a few extra grams of fat or calories.

Oh, and Happy Birthday.

I am relaxed. Just asked for some ideas. I had no idea I had to be consistent over weeks and months and years and that a few extra grams of fat or calories won't make me fat. I had NO idea. Thanks :) Didn't know asking for some recipes or healthy dessert ideas means that I don't know how to live a little. Didn't know planning my birthday makes me not relaxed.

Oh, and thanks.