Always hungry even with protein, fibers and calories.

Options
13»

Replies

• pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    You need to eat some actual meals here chum. How about eggs and toast or porridge for brekkie, soup and a sandwich for lunch and some grilled/steamed fish or meat with some carbs and veggies for dinner. Add in some fruit for snacks.

I'm not surprised you don't feel like you've eaten anything - you haven't really eaten anything with any bulk in it that's going to make you feel full.

Good luck!
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Eat food (high in protein, healthy fats and fiber) and stop drinking your calories (milk and juice). You're hungry because you're drinking more than half of your calories instead of eating real food.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Are you vegetarian? I don't see any meat in your plan. How bout some chicken, steak, ham, you know, real food.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Most people probably won't like this reply, but...
    I used to get a ravenous feeling mid morning accompanied by an awful "hungry headache". Once I cut out all grains and most sugars the awful headaches and starving feelings went away. Now most of my calories are from fat and protein. All the fiber and carbs I get are now from veggies and some fruits. I'm amazed at how good I feel now. My skin looks better and my sinus issues cleared up. I didn't realize how bad I felt all these years until I started feeling good. I'm a firm believer that grains aren't necessary.

^yup, exactly. Yes, you will get ridiculed here for sharing your experience that what you eat affected your health, but just get used to it and keep sharing your experience. :flowerforyou:
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you need to eat meals instead of having a couple snacks with an ocean of milk. Two scrambled eggs + whole-grain toast with a little butter or jam + two strips of bacon = ~365 calories; 7oz (raw weight) grilled chicken breast + 2 cups spinach with 100g diced tomatoes and 2Tbsp yogurt dressing + 100g of any (non-banana) fruit = ~500 calories; 6oz pork loin chop + 500g broccoli + a little butter + a large (~350g uncooked) baked potato = ~755calories. That brings you to a total of ~1620 calories for the day, which leaves you around 400 calories for a cup of milk somewhere, a bit of ice cream after dinner, some chips and salsa... basically whatever you want! You can play around with this too, maybe swap out the regular whole-grain bread for a light version, switch to light margarine instead of butter or use low-fat cottage cheese instead on your potato, ditch the pork chops for roast chicken, swap the morning bacon for a cup of milk...