I am hungry AS **** at 1200 cal/day

Options
I really want the last few pounds to budge. I run and do weights…but this 1200 calories per day is making me into a cranky- insomniac *****. Any suggestions on how to make 1200 a bit less PTSD inducing? (I know to drink water BTW…thanks LOL)

Replies

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I have no advice on how to make 1200 calories any better. Did it for like, a week or two and it sucked. Why not just eat like, 1500 calories and not make yourself miserable? You'd still lose and wouldn't be hangry all the time.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I really want the last few pounds to budge. I run and do weights…but this 1200 calories per day is making me into a cranky- insomniac *****. Any suggestions on how to make 1200 a bit less PTSD inducing? (I know to drink water BTW…thanks LOL)

Eat more.. seriously.. you don't have to starve yourself to lose weight. The average women I know is losing at 1700-2100. Whats your weight weight age and workout routine?
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    1) Eat back a significant portion of your exercise calories (50-75%). You should be netting 1200 calories, not ingesting only 1200.

2) Reassess your goal for realism. If you're at your "last few pounds," you're not going to be losing a pound or two a week -- or you shouldn't be, anyway. Set your goal for a more reasonable .25-.5 pound/week loss.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,622 Member
    Options
    Why do you believe 1200 calories is a magic number to reach your goals?

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Pre plan your days, make sure you are eating something that tastes half decent, learn to know when your body is hungriest and arrange your days around that, eat back exercise calories, get protein and lots of healthy fats.

And if it's still bad up your calories.

You can add me if you want I'm currently at 1200-1400 just until January then I'm moving back to 1500 (trying to do damage control before I go on holiday for Christmas)
  • Jmeisalive
    Jmeisalive Posts: 38 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Because the tooth fairy told me that when she divulged all her other magic secrets...

anyhoo- to respond to the people that actually attempted an answer to the question:

I jog about 5x per week (usually3-4 miles)
    I do circuit weights every other day…although I didn't do so much last week (whomp-whomp)
    I am 26, 5'6…right now I'm at 121.4 lbs.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I don't think 1200 is necessary but I think there are ways to cram a lot of satiety into 1200, if you're willing. There are a lot of threads on it, I bet.
  • Live4theLift
    Options
    Im gonna throw this out there and say 1200 is to low but it seems like that wont change your mind soooo...

Green tea, helps suppress appetite
  • I_Will_End_You
    Options

Our stats very similar. I lost at quite a bit more calories than 1200. (plus I'm older). It was a very slow loss, but it still came off and I didn't feel like crap. If I were you, I'd set it to a few hundred more.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Because the tooth fairy told me that when she divulged all her other magic secrets...

anyhoo- to respond to the people that actually attempted an answer to the question:

I do circuit weights every other day…although I didn't do so much last week (whomp-whomp)

and why do you think ninerbuff wasn't being serious??? It was a legit question... I am trying to figure out why your profile ticker says 30 lbs. to go when you are already at 121 lbs. which by your pictures in your profile I don't see where you have anything to lose.....
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

5'6", 121.4, & ticker says 30 pounds to go. Surely this is not right.
  • I_Will_End_You
    Options

Maybe she hasn't updated her weight data and has already lost a fair amount? I sure hope so!
  • TheFangsKittie
    TheFangsKittie Posts: 117 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Profile also says she previously got hospitalized due to dropping to very low weight (80 odd lbs).....i have nothing to offer you OP but I hope you're not serious about losing those 30 pounds.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt and assume your ticker hasn't been updated.
    Are you eating back exercise calories, or just 1200 full stop?
    Maybe check out the in place of a road map thread, very handy.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I usually eat 1200 calories by the time I'm done lunch, so I have no solutions for you other than eat more.
  • karlsantiago
    karlsantiago Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    ^ the guy that posted up there about green tea.....absolute yes lol im actually taking green tea supps and they work great for me not just to curb appetite but as a natural fat burner too

but all I can say is you gotta pace yourself, i dont know enough history but if you all of a sudden jump to such a big calorie deficit, eventually you will hit a plateau and your body will not respond too much to ANYTHING

take a look at this vid, its where i got this little bit of advice
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHDIqX1o-TU
  • Jmeisalive
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Profile also says she previously got hospitalized due to dropping to very low weight (80 odd lbs).....i have nothing to offer you OP but I hope you're not serious about losing those 30 pounds.
    Yeah…thats not right. Not trying to weigh 80 something again..LMFAO. That ****'s for the birds. ;)
  • ModernNerd
    ModernNerd Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    You is a sassy one OP :drinker: I float comfortably around 105-110lbs at 5'6'' and I'm eating 1500-1700 calories. I'd slap a puppy if I had to limit myself to 1200. No harm in changing things up OP
  • Jmeisalive
    Options
    You is a sassy one OP :drinker: I float comfortably around 105-110lbs at 5'6'' and I'm eating 1500-1700 calories. I'd slap a puppy if I had to limit myself to 1200. No harm in changing things up OP

Cool beans
  • ModernNerd
    ModernNerd Posts: 336 Member
    Options

Cool beans

Just trying to help :flowerforyou: