That one weird thing your pet does.....

Options
pawnstarNate
pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
We got a rescue Maltese last year and overall he's pretty normal but, the one thing that is so weird to me is that if you have him in your lap or picked up and long count to the number three (Oneeeeeeee, Twooooooo, Threeeeeeeeeee) He totally freaks out and goes into attack mode. I don't know what the deal is. Maybe previous owners threatened to throw him off a cliff or something.

What's yours?

Replies

• MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    My older cat, will yell at us if we try to rub his stomach-he hates it, but any other cat I've met loves it.
    My younger cat will lay on his back, twist his body like a parentheses, stick his paws in the air and look to the side, and just lay there like that. He does the weirdest poses. :laugh:
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Sucks anyone's shirt that holds him.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    One of my dogs tries to hump one of the cats on a daily basis. Why she wants to do it so badly is beyond me, but he's not too impressed.

George Clinton: Atomic dog.....just came to mind. "why must I chase the cat" in particular. lol
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I had a cat at one time who loved chocolate, he would actually open the box. He also loved bread.

My one cat now will actually yell at me when I yell at my daughter because she got in trouble. If I make her cry she will get right in my face and be "MREOW". One time my daughter was crying while watching a movie, so the cat yelled at the TV. But the best was we were arguing, not really fighting, but slowly our voices got louder and louder, she looked at both of us and YELLED. I mean a "MEOW" that was like a real YELL with a totally different tone. We both froze and were like holy crap.
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    Options
    Continues to live. Seriously. He's old.
  • dantrick
    dantrick Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    drop his ball behind the couch and gets worked up into a tizzy till someone retrieves it. That one must be really important since the other 10 he has lying around he doesn't care about.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    you know that annoyed agnry meow cats do when they get pissed or into a fight?

my new rescue cat (craigs list- that'll teach me) that's her typical meow.

its' weird- you go to pet her and it sounds like she is like EPICALLY pissed- and nope- she has the equivolent voice of "resting *kitten* face"

I almost feel bad for her.. .except she's mean to my other cat- but he's a douchecanoe too- so I don't care THAT much LOL.

She also-when you scratch the base of her tail- she does this tongue thing- it's like licking but not- like lapping- she sticks her tongue in and out super fast- it's funny.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    My cat meows at the back door every afternoon to go on her daily walk/outdoor exploration.

ETA: She also meows like a crying baby. And she meows loud when she wants something.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I have a corgi that has a LOT of personality and does a lot of really strange (but cute) things.

I think my favorite is that he is extremely athletic but refuses to believe he can jump on the couch. This is really convenient because corgis are made of dark matter and when they step on you it's like the force of a thousand angry gods so his psychological inability to jump on the couch keeps him from standing on us when we're trying to relax.

He is also a supreme spider killer. If he sees a spider he launches a ruthless attack, stomping and digging on it until it is very dead. Then he wants a treat :) Good boy!
  • sassypants0923
    sassypants0923 Posts: 7,188 Member
    Options
    When he runs to jump up on anything he ALWAYS misses and hits the side of whatever he was jumping on.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    My older dog (a cockerspaniel) crawls onto my lap and will look at me and start snoring with his eyes open when he wants my attention.

My younger boxer/pit mix has a habit of farting really loudly and going around in circles looking for it.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    My dog tries to steal fish flake out of the pot when I'm feeding my fish.
  • FarTooJones
    Options
    One of my dogs licks floors, a lot... Vet never has found any issues with her health wise, but she has no teeth, so maybe that plays into it. Drives me crazy though.
  • Dino_bacon2112
    Dino_bacon2112 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    One of my cats will eat anything. Noodles, chocolate, broccoli, cough syrup (got it away from him before he got too much). B*tch stole Nutella from me one day. He will also cuddle with anybody who walks into my apartment. Seriously, anybody.

The other cat will eat nothing but cat food. He won't even each chicken or other meat. And whenever he hears somebody at the door, he'll go to the door and put his front legs up on the door like a dog does. After the person is in the apartment (if they're coming in, he does it if he hears the neighbors too) he won't go near them. He has some trust issues...
  • MizSookeh
    MizSookeh Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    One of my cats loooooves rolling around on and nuzzling up to my shoes, and any of my underwear that might be on the floor.

She will also leap straight on to you from great distances, and must be held like you'd hold a baby on your shoulder trying to burp it, but left shoulder ONLY. Try and put her on the right, and she'll struggle and scratch her way across to the left.

My boyfriends cat has numerous weird habits, but the strangest is that he loves to lick things like the screen door, and our wire mesh garbage bin.
  • Dino_bacon2112
    Dino_bacon2112 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    One of my dogs licks floors, a lot... Vet never has found any issues with her health wise, but she has no teeth, so maybe that plays into it. Drives me crazy though.

That reminds me: the cat I just said won't eat anything but cat food does eat one other thing. Tape. He *loves* adhesive.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    One of my dogs occasionally becomes afraid of the floor and forgets how to walk on it. Instead she gets around by flopping like a seal pup. Except she's only got one front leg so half the time just goes in a circle. I am not making this up. She's in one of those phases right now and it's pretty annoying.

One of my cats kicks his own head when he's play-fighting.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Our cat, Joey, took a dump in the sink last week. He's almost 10 years old and has never done that before.

My wife loves that cat, otherwise, it would have gone for a ride that day.
  • AlyssaJoJo
    AlyssaJoJo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    If anyone runs through the house - or walks quickly - he bounces after you like a bunny rabbit... So silly.