30 day Squat challenge?

Options
13»

Replies

• contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    15 squats a day, 3 days a week, with progressively increasing weight will do you way better. The 30 day bodyweight squat challenge is an exercise in futility. It's nothing but a cardio workout at that point, and a pretty crappy one at that.
  • SkinnyMel78
    SkinnyMel78 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I did it in July and again in November. I lost a total of 12lbs in November. Not saying it was all do to the squats but I'm sure it helped. Just break them into groups. If you have to do 100, break it into 4 groups of 25. It makes it so much easier. Good luck!
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    15 squats a day, 3 days a week, with progressively increasing weight will do you way better. The 30 day bodyweight squat challenge is an exercise in futility. It's nothing but a cardio workout at that point, and a pretty crappy one at that.

I think the numbers are just crazy. It's like someone picked them out of nowhere and for sure it's too much for a beginner, may it be an advanced program? I once found on a website that you could start up with 20 a day, and it didn't require squats everyday. I'm doing 10 everyday with no weights and it hurt during the first 2 days, now it doesn't anymore (I'm doing squats, push ups, sit ups, and it all hurt at the beginning because it was the first time I was really exercising those muscles). I'm doing arm bents everyday and step almost everyday so I didn't want to overdo since I'm not used to it. Should I increase the weight or just increase the number (and can I do this everyday or not?). I usually prefer to do it everyday so I'd like to do less everyday but I don't know.
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    oh i am doing that too :) does this buns guns and abs includes pushups and leg lifts too? i am on day 5.. i skipped one day started a day later.. so yeah i will be finishing that challenge on january 2 instead in december.. i want to ask one question.. when you squat how long do you guys hold that position? like 5 sec 10 sec? or just keep going?

yes it does! Squats, Pushups, Leg Lifts, each with different rest days so you aren't always doing all three together. looks hard but I think it'll be the perfect workout to slim my arms and legs for my short wedding dress in 6 months :)
  • debress
    debress Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My roller derby team just started this 30 day challenge! We do squats and wall sits and planks anyway, to stay strong for skating. It definitely helps to have other people do it at the same time and challenge each other. My captain posts the number required for each day on our Facebook group, and then we comment when done. I almost forgot to do them yesterday, but checked Facebook and it reminded me.
  • marinashakeel
    marinashakeel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    oh i am doing that too :) does this buns guns and abs includes pushups and leg lifts too? i am on day 5.. i skipped one day started a day later.. so yeah i will be finishing that challenge on january 2 instead in december.. i want to ask one question.. when you squat how long do you guys hold that position? like 5 sec 10 sec? or just keep going?

yes it does! Squats, Pushups, Leg Lifts, each with different rest days so you aren't always doing all three together. looks hard but I think it'll be the perfect workout to slim my arms and legs for my short wedding dress in 6 months :)