lost 60 lbs eating junk

Options
13»

Replies

• daniflems
    daniflems Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Just as eating only healthy foods is a false message for weight loss (cravings for "unhealthy" foods eventually take over, creating a binge which sometimes leads to a lapse in healthy eating)....I think eating lots of junk is also a false message for weight loss.

While eating "junk" as long as you stay in a calorie deficit will shed pounds, it isn't very healthy.

Personally I love sweets...so for me what works is portion control...allowing myself treats everyday but in a smaller portion than I may have eaten before (depending on the amount of calories I have already consumed that day).

Congratulations on your weight loss, but maybe now you should focus on getting healthy as well. Someone who is skinny and consuming tonnes of fat and salt is just as much at risk for heart disease as someone who is overweight.

It is super irresponsible to advocate this kind of eating style. It's pretty much like saying "Eat only one meal at McDonalds per day and you will lose weight." While true it is incredibly unhealthy.
  • rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    First, Im still fat and have much more weight to lose...BUT, let me say that after years of trying different things....only ONE has ever worked and it's what I'm doing now. I eat ANYTHING I want. I just stay under a certain amount of calories.

I have eaten super healthy before and didnt lose any weight because my calories were too high. For me, eating whatever i want (fast food, snacks, whatever) and just watching my calories is doing the trick. Simple.

Just sharing my experience:)

Nice work. R u excersing?
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Troll /thread
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Account created just this month (probably today) and only 2 posts?
    Troll thread

Still, in for the clean vs dirty fight, because they're always fun
  • ashliejones13
    Options
    depends on if you want to be shredded vs just losing weight.

not trying to be rude, but every person ive met who eats only junk at a deficit doesnt have what i would call an ideal body. i hate to say it, but the whole "look at my results and look at yours" comes into play.

i'll stick to working out hard an hour a day and eating nutrient rich foods for energy and endurance.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I guess if pure weight loss is what you are aiming for then yes, you have discovered the secret formula.

What other kind is there (assuming OP is not starving themselves)?
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    The derp I strong in this thread.
  • Tffanie4712
    Options
    Yeap top 10 funniest blog
  • TemeraldMarie
    TemeraldMarie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My trouble is junk food packs a lot of calories in a portion. IMO , i can enjoy healthy foods ( in larger amounts) and stay in my calorie range. idk. I'm new to this but i enjoy filling chicken salad instead of a calorie packed peice of pizza that ill want more of. I'm npt passing judgment, thats just my opinion. i guess i need more self controle when i comes to junk food and amounts. :P
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!