• Rachelc1992
    Rachelc1992 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the burger :)!! Sounds yum, one day won't hurt x
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    You've got tonnes of options here

- Order a burger with modifications (no cheese, mayo, bacon etc)
    - Don't eat the bun
    - Don't order fries
    - Go halfs with a friend
    - Take half home
    - Find something smaller on the menu
    - Say F#@k it it's only one day and order and eat whatever you want (eat lighter and exercise that day if you like)

Any combo of those should do the trick. Not going is not an option IMO
  • pusheen12
    pusheen12 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Eat less all day, eat the burger but skip the fries. Work out hard the next day. Warning, it might make you feel sick.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Thanks, folks - I can log it now. Nearer to 1,000 than the 2,000 I initially dreaded. Good call on leaving the bun, too.

Lower body weights session to fire up the metabolism tomorrow afternoon and a 10km run on Saturday morning it is, then! :wink:

Glad you had fun.
  • aliu00
    aliu00 Posts: 61
    Options
    Do you know there are some products can help ?
    If you eat one CORE before your big meal, it can help you burn the extra fat.
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I eat Mc Donald's once a week and maintain just fine. Why are you freaking out? Just don't log for that day. No biggie.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Do you know there are some products can help ?
    If you eat one CORE before your big meal, it can help you burn the extra fat.
    Do you know if you make your only two posts about products from the same company, it's obvious that you're just here to advertise?
  • shred_me_up
    shred_me_up Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    No need to trip, unless you eat 3500 more than your maintenance you wont gain even a pound. You might feel a bit bloated from water the next day thats all.

But there is one thing, if you are this panicked about attending social events you might want to question your overall relationship with food... I know it stressful to maintain because you don't want to get your old self back, but the thing is, in life you will have days over and days under your maintenance, what matters is that it balances out.

Not to mention that "maintenance" is nothing but an estimate to begin with- some days it will be a lot higher and some days a lot lower.

There is my insight :) I just feel its a pity to let your relationship with food and your weight affect your life.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    All this over an 8 ounce burger? Really? I was more interested when it was an 80 ounce burger. If a half pound burger is going to threaten your a grown man's maintenance calories, the problem doesn't lie with the burger.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    All this over an 8 ounce burger? Really? I was more interested when it was an 80 ounce burger. If a half pound burger is going to threaten your a grown man's maintenance calories, the problem doesn't lie with the burger.

I think this guy clearly has issues if he's scared to overeat for one frickin day :noway: I actually laugh at threads like these.
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Glad to be a source of humour for you. I LOL'd at your rollers, too. :wink:

Seriously, though. Yeah, I know that I need to lighten up a bit. I've only just started succeeding in making noticable gains (losses?) with my shape and I'm scared of undoing my work so far. Yes I have severe problems with my self esteem due to my appearance and getting in shape is all I have to cling onto right now, I guess.
  • moya_rargh
    Options
    No need to trip, unless you eat 3500 more than your maintenance you wont gain even a pound. You might feel a bit bloated from water the next day thats all.

But there is one thing, if you are this panicked about attending social events you might want to question your overall relationship with food... I know it stressful to maintain because you don't want to get your old self back, but the thing is, in life you will have days over and days under your maintenance, what matters is that it balances out.

Not to mention that "maintenance" is nothing but an estimate to begin with- some days it will be a lot higher and some days a lot lower.

There is my insight :) I just feel its a pity to let your relationship with food and your weight affect your life.

Thanks. Your post and the two below it have given me a kick up the rear. I'm new to all of this tracking and logging and it shows that I'm taking it way too seriously.
  • sandra748
    sandra748 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Did some quick calculations and I would say that an 8 ounce hamburger on a bun with cheese and mayo is going to be close to 1000 calories. Really don't know what they eat on burgers in the UK. That's a lot of calories, but not something you can't overcome in a couple of days. Maybe you can split the burger with someone or bring half of it home to eat the next day. Ask for a doggie bag and put half of it in there before you even start eating.

Every time I eat out it takes me a couple of days to get back to where I was. I do like the others have said.... hit the gym and work a little harder, then reduce my calories as much as I can the day before and after. It's not a big deal. You can't totally deprive yourself or feel guilty every time you go out... Go, enjoy yourself, then get back to business.
  • sandra748
    sandra748 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    moya_rargh, that is very good advice.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I would:

1. Just eat it.
    2. If I still had second thoughts, just reduce my calories the day before or the day after.

(I pay attention to weekly calorie counts.)

Ditto
  • moya_rargh
    Options
    Thanks, folks :)

Burger time!!!!!!!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Do take a picture of the burger you select and post it in this thread. the suspense is killing me
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Look up the burger and fries plus a drink then go with the HIGHEST number it comes up with. Then you err on the side of caution.

I would hit the gym tonight and eat a light lunch tomorrow. Maybe even hit the gym tomorrow if it looks like it's going to be too high.

Edit... one day is not going to ruin all your work. You can even it out later if you have to.
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Glad to be a source of humour for you. I LOL'd at your rollers, too. :wink:

Seriously, though. Yeah, I know that I need to lighten up a bit. I've only just started succeeding in making noticable gains (losses?) with my shape and I'm scared of undoing my work so far. Yes I have severe problems with my self esteem due to my appearance and getting in shape is all I have to cling onto right now, I guess.

Judging by some of your before/after photos - you are doing one hell of a job. Your self esteem should be through the roof. BTW - how was your burger? :tongue:
  • jobegone
    Options

I think this guy clearly has issues if he's scared to overeat for one frickin day :noway: I actually laugh at threads like these.

Very harsh replies and no need when the OP was only looking for some advice.
    Some people have worked very hard and possibly overcome a number of issues to lose weight and could be afraid if they lose control it might start them on a slippery slope ( I don't know your background OP, I'm just giving my opinion) so maybe that is 'issues' in your books but if you don't like the thread don't read it and certainly don't comment crappy replies about people you know nothing about having 'issues'