Nutella is the Devil

Options

Replies

• Dino_bacon2112
    Dino_bacon2112 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    running_8eating3.png

that's more difficult than it looks. It's nearly impossible to get this god goo through a straw.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Being Italian we were practically raised on Nutella. It is and will always be my most favourite thing on earth! I eat that *kitten* with a spoon!
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Nutella is awesome. I am guilty of eating out of the jar..A LOT!
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    My son is a very picky eater. Nutella is one of the things he will eat, so while I don't give him half a jar, I have NO issues with giving him something close to 2-3 tbsp on a sandwich. It also works for bribery to get him to eat other foods :).

Don't know if this is the best way to deal with a picky eater? Sounds like you are rewarding a behavior by caving into giving them a higher fat, sugary treat. Higher fat foods, or higher sugary foods of course taste better. When your providing those foods to a picky eater your perpetuating the problem by desensitizing their taste buds, ensuring that they will only want more of those kinds of foods.
    I am not saying don't give your children treats. I allow my children to eat them. I just don't use them as a reward. I don't want the to make that kind of association with food, or learn a dependency that food = good job. I want them to know food is food, and it is something you get to enjoy in moderation. I don't want them using food as a crutch.
    I can say that using this philosophy all my children stop, and think about making better choices. Even my son when he was 3 would stop, and ask if something was a better choice , over another food item. Now he will go for the apple (still a little higher in sugar) over the candy bar at 10.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m11s9bAvDq1qjemo2o1_400.gif
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I always buy it with the intention to just put a tiny bit on top of my eggo waffles for breakfast, and then the evening rolls around and can't stop myself from eating it by the spoonful.

Must not buy the stuff...I have no control!
  • kgbenny
    kgbenny Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have a cookie recipe that calls for browning the butter, using two different kinds of chocolate chips, sprinkling the tops with sea salt, and a Nutella filling inside.

They're AMAAAAZING but not exactly diet-friendly... even if they do fit in your macros, your sugar is blown out for the day with one cookie.

Nutella is a nice treat, but isn't a pantry staple in my opinion.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Me -->tumblr_m7iuz46TZn1raymsho1_400.jpg
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    if you think nutella is deliciously evil, try the skippy natural dark chocolate peanut butter spread. MUCH better, health wise, I think. and it's less sweet, so I think it tastes better, myself. :)
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I'll take two

tumblr_m2ycwaaVt41qeudfw.jpg
  • nmncare
    nmncare Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    i
  • nmncare
    nmncare Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    IT IS. IT IS.

I've never ever met anyone who doesn't like Nutella. It's probably worse than pizza. You can have a single teaspoon and feel the HEAVEN

I don't like Nutella. And whenever I tell people that.. it's time to queue the 'What's wrong with you?!' response. :)
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Careful where you source it from, Europe Nutella has a different formulation, healthier, while the stuff in Americas made with hydrogenated oils (fake trans fats) not good for your body.
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I like to put it on white bread w/ bananas, cut it into squares, put it in a zip-lock bag, stow it in my jersey pocket and enjoy the helll out of it while riding.
  • newjojie
    newjojie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I had a terrible run in with Nutella last night......I think I need a Nutella intervention.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    It Nutella is the devil, Biscoff Cookie Spread is TRUE hell!!! mmm....

OMG that stuff is delicious!
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Ever visited Paris? You will see Nutella filled crepes everywhere! And I mean everywhere. Even street food vendors.
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    To say I love Nutella would be an understatement.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    i have never had nutella. but just like anything i imagine you just have to have self control. i love trader joes cookie butter. if i have calories i allow myself one or two tablespoons. sure id love to spoon the whole jar in my mouth but i make better decisions than that.
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Nutella!! I do eat it occasionally. I like it best on vanilla wafers, but it's pretty darn good on graham crackers, too. Some days, it's worth eating lettuce all day in order to get my Nutella at night!