when ever i eat ANYTHING my stomach looks huge!! Advice?!

Options

Replies

• augustah
    Options
    Happens to me too. I'm fine when I wake up in the morning but even if I take a drink of water, boom. I'm huge and bloated. It's so irritating. It's especially bad when I drink alcohol.
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    You are SO not alone. In the morning my clothes fit fine and later in the day...a bit more snug. I was taking a probiotic while taking antibiotics and noticed that it made me more regular and I didn't get the bloated feeling as much. I forget the brand, but it was a chewable strawberry flavored wafer that I took 2-3x/day. I ran out and may pick up some more. I also get this way during TOM. But next time you see your doctor, bring it up and see what he/she says. Good luck!
  • April_KT
    April_KT Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    It is referred to as a "Food Baby"... and it happens to alot of slimmer women. I can only think maybe do more ab workouts if it bothers you that much..... strengthen the girdle and it will hold your expanding innards in?

or you could just rub in and say "mmmm, look at my food baby! Totally worth it. That was DELISH!"

All of these are great reply's!! this one made me laugh lol i will do more core work outs to see if it helps with the discomfort :)
  • jenniferarnold619
    Options
    I have not read everyone else's posts, but if this is truly happening to you, I would go to the doctor to see if you have food allergies. One of my girl friends used to swell horribly after eating, especially if she just let her self splurge. In fact, she thought it was normal to bloat so much after drinking a beer that she intentionally wore big jeans or stretchy pants on nights she knew she was going to drink.

Turns out she was allergic to a bunch of things and it was causing her to hurt, constipate and bloat. She is allergic to wheat, gluten, corn, strawberries, lactose, and the list goes on. Pin pointing these allergies definitely hampered her eating, but with the knowledge, she was able to alleviate a lifestyle of discomfort. I hope you find some answers and can find a way to deal with it. good luck!
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    See a doctor to rule out anything medical.

If your tests come back clear then see a therapist for your body issues.

:flowerforyou:

This. What tipped me off was the "I don't like the feeling of being full." Red flag right there.
  • jenniferarnold619
    Options

This. What tipped me off was the "I don't like the feeling of being full." Red flag right there.
  • DonnaAidana
    Options
    Hello,

I have this problem too, or something like it. I bloat right up most of the time when I eat and it's just awful and uncomfortable. I don't have any solutions sadly but I find that taking in a lot of liquids helps a little. I drink a lot of beef and chicken broth, personally.
  • Cbefitforlife
    Cbefitforlife Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Maybe it is a carb situation. The way your body breaks down carbs and sugars. Also, have you ever thought that maybe you could be sensitive to dairy? Ice cream and milk mostly? Try cutting out ice cream and cows milk. Also the carbs and sugars. Mostly white flour and sugar. I have this problem also, and I can tell you that if I eat a meal high in carbs and do the whole milk/ ice cream thing, I am feeling pretty nasty afterwards. It is no fun to cut that stuff out completely, but just make it a point to not eat those things if you are doing smething important. LIke...date night, first time job interview, party with friends, in your most hugging outfit.

You look great in your picture, so this I think is just a common thing that happens to us when we eat those kinds of foods. As far as the person that made the comment that you might be making fun of somebody else. Don't ever assume something. Have you ever heard that assuming things just makes a *kitten* out of u and me? Spell it all out together! *kitten*-u-me = assume.
  • April_KT
    Options

when i said i dont like feeling full i mean i dont like it because everything seems to be at the top of my stomach/ throat not that im afraid to be full... i dont need therapy just maybe something medical
  • Waggoner83
    Waggoner83 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    This happens to me too! i've heard that it's just gas, and also if you don't chew your thoroughly, it can cause this. I don't know how true any of that is. I just go with it and use it as part of my charm :wink: . lol
  • April_KT
    Options
    Maybe it is a carb situation. The way your body breaks down carbs and sugars. Also, have you ever thought that maybe you could be sensitive to dairy? Ice cream and milk mostly? Try cutting out ice cream and cows milk. Also the carbs and sugars. Mostly white flour and sugar. I have this problem also, and I can tell you that if I eat a meal high in carbs and do the whole milk/ ice cream thing, I am feeling pretty nasty afterwards. It is no fun to cut that stuff out completely, but just make it a point to not eat those things if you are doing smething important. LIke...date night, first time job interview, party with friends, in your most hugging outfit.

You look great in your picture, so this I think is just a common thing that happens to us when we eat those kinds of foods. As far as the person that made the comment that you might be making fun of somebody else. Don't ever assume something. Have you ever heard that assuming things just makes a *kitten* out of u and me? Spell it all out together! *kitten*-u-me = assume.

haha thanks girl!
  • Waggoner83
    Options
    This has happened to me when I was 110lbs and when I was close to 200lbs. I just think that is normal but if it makes you feel better to go visit a doctor please do so and let me know what they say. This also happens when TOM comes around woman typically pick up weight until that time goes away.
  • Waggoner83
    Options
    Spanx. :)

Seriously, the food has to go somewhere. And it is perfectly healthy for it to go to your stomach. And to show. I am a pretty hefty girl and even I notice the difference!

Check with a doctor to assure yourself. But I hope your puffy tummy doesn't create such an issue that you stop eating healthily.
  • Waggoner83
    Options
    Amen to that! I have been on both sides of teh fense, I have been small and curvey so I know what you mean.
  • jamimari777
    jamimari777 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Try taking enzymes with meals. It aids digestion.
  • breasyd2
    Options
    I had that problem and it turned out to be irritable bowel syndrome. Mention it to your doctor, as it could be one of several medical issues. He/she will probably send you to a GI doc. It's not normal and it sucks, I know.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    just drink?
  • April_KT
    Options
    just drink?

lol not too sure that would be healthy ;)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Im so tired of after eating anything even salad my stomach gets instantly bigger i feel like thats not normal? Any suggestions on how to maybe how to help this??

tumblr_lzs09lEwGA1qhbnv4o1_500.gif
  • Levesque_7
    Options
    Im so tired of after eating anything even salad my stomach gets instantly bigger i feel like thats not normal? Any suggestions on how to maybe how to help this??

tumblr_lzs09lEwGA1qhbnv4o1_500.gif

LOL