Your tip for not caving to Christmas party tempting treats?

Options

Replies

• thelittlewoman_2000
    Options
    Congratulations on losing over 95 pounds! Amazing. Good advice about folding the extra calories into my weekly goal.
  • thelittlewoman_2000
    Options
    Leftovers! I can bring empty containers, Ziploc bags, and aluminum foil and wrap up what I *would* have consumed had I not been mindful.
    :happy:
  • thelittlewoman_2000
    Options
    Will do! Letting others go ahead of you in the buffet line is very nice of you.
  • thelittlewoman_2000
    Options
    Congratulations on losing 35 pounds! Amazing. Good advice to mentally count the calories as we put them in our mouth.
  • thelittlewoman_2000
    Options
    That Two-Bite Rule is how you lost an amazing 27 pounds! I will try it: Two bites of everything will be placed on my plate. if I co-worker balks, I'll say, "That's a balanced diet."
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    honestly this is one of the good side effects of having a food allergy. usually a good portion of food is going to struck off my list because there's wheat in it. another portion will be off because i'm a picky eater and if something doesn't look appetizing then i'm not going to want to eat.

for the rest of the stuff i usually think about if i'm really willing to risk getting an unknown calories for something that might not be that good
  • thelittlewoman_2000
    Options
    God bless, Lizzie Beth, and may you knock off those last two pounds in no time.
    Cheers to Willpower!
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    I just try not to drink too much and ignore her. It's easier if I bring my wife because then I can't spend time with her alone.
  • bethanp
    bethanp Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My plan is to make sure I don't skip my regular meals during the day so I don't go in completely ravenous. I also plan to up my gym time a little next week to help burn off some extra calories that will likely get consumed during the party.

At the party, I plan to have two glasses, one for a drinkity drink and one for water. Staying hydrated helps me make smarter food choices and helps to fill me up (with liquid) so I'm less likely to get seconds. As far as food choices, I'm only going for the special stuff you only get this time of year, plus my favorites, and then raiding the veggie tray (ALL the broccoli!!) Another trick I have for desserts is finding someone to go splitsies with- I work with almost all women who are watching their figures so splitting allows us to try more than one special treat without completely busting the calorie bank.

Other than that, I'm going to have a good time and not worry too much about my calories. It's ONE day in the big scheme of things so if I"m eating well the majority of the time, it's not going to throw off my progress.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I just dealt with this today. Work celebration lunch catered in. I had just about everything but literally scooped 2 bites of some things on my plate. Logged it all and didn't do too bad.
  • thelittlewoman_2000
    Options
    Nothing tastes better than being a normal weight feels.

What a great mantra. Absolutely the truth. May God bless you and keep you happy and healthy.
  • blueberrybelle21
    Options
    I like to do my workout before I go to Christmas parties just in case I accidentally slip, but my tactic for not eating too much is allowing myself to have a few small treats and eating them slowly.
  • Saramelie
    Saramelie Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I take two bites of anything I want to have sweet-wise, then drink a big glass of water. Trust me I can only do this a couple of times through a big party! Keeps me happy, and I get my treat too! If it is a meal I apply the same principle. I take a two-bite portion for each thing I want to try. That way I get to have the variety I like, but I don't overdue it!

Loooooove this idea, thanks!
  • thelittlewoman_2000
    Options
    I hear ye. It's about the long-term goals. Big feasts are only a handful of days per year.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Enjoy yourself is what I say. Fit it into your day and if you go a little over, big deal. Christmas comes once a year.
  • thelittlewoman_2000
    Options
    Will do! I amped-up the amount of weights I use, and pushed myself another quarter mile on the treadmill.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    eat it all
    drink it all
    its the HOLIDAYS!
    HAVE FUN AND ENJOY
    just do not forget to work out.
  • fit_guyy
    Options
    Eat whatever you want...
    Just remember to take your Laxatives after
  • thelittlewoman_2000
    Options
    Jester, good advice about taking a fasting day after a feast day. I have a brand-new JUICER, and several gourmet tea choices. Sunday is our big, fat, Italian Feast Day where the hunger doesn't resume until mid-day Monday. I'll be juicin' and sippin' tea.
    Best wishes.
  • thelittlewoman_2000
    Options
    congratulations on getting closer to your weight loss goal.
    Yes, I'll try just two bites of the rich decadent Buffalo Chicken dip.