What are you reading?

Options

Replies

• ljc1057
    ljc1057 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I found a paperback at Target awhile ago by Linwood Barclay. I think I've read all of his now. They are really easy to read and suspenseful. No Time for Goodbye - Never Look Away (new) - Too Close To Home - Fear The Worst.

I'll look for your book, Funk. It sounds like something I'd like.
  • scotlanded
    Options
    I'm currently reading Suzanne Collins' "Catching Fire" which is the second in her Hunger Games trilogy. They're absolutely fantastic (and quick!) reads, I've just been stalling because book #3 comes out this week and I'm awful at waiting! (How I did it with Harry Potter I will never know)
  • NeNaBeAr
    NeNaBeAr Posts: 13
    Options
    I am usually not a historical, romance reader, but this one caught my eye, and its a series, and you can't just stop in the middle of it and not know what happened. So I'm reading a book called The Luxe by Anna Godberson, Its great. I've had a hard time staying with it. (hey sounds like exercise.:blushing: ) but another great book is called The Darkfall by Dean Koontz., I love reading so I have tons of books that i've read. I've literally read every book in my school library. :frown: (I'm a high school senior.) so if you have any new book recomendations let me knwo.
  • st27
    st27 Posts: 101
    Options
    Iam reading books on Nutrition and Raw Foods. I would like to know more about it so I picked these books up at the library.Hope to one day try the raw food diet and see how it goes.
  • tipusnr
    tipusnr Posts: 572
    Options
    Mark Twain, A Biography by Albert Bigelow Paine on my iPhone.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I almost forget & remembered as we were re-arranging the library today: Allen Dean Foster has some amazing books: very short (less than 300pgs) but really good!
    Good Reading everyone :happy:
  • thecrimsonking1319
    Options
    Rereading Heart of Darkness. Love it!
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Just finished reading Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr from her Wicked Lovely series. I still like reading young adult although not quite as young anymore :).
    Also love Janet Evanovich, Sue Grafton, Julie Kenner, PC Cast, Victoria Laurie, Spencer Quinn, Madelyn Alt, Shirley Damsgaard, Yasmine Galenorn
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    So glad I found this thread! I'm addicted to buying books, then end up with a stack of them to plow through! I sometimes need to ban myself from B&N haha.. I just finished One Day, by David Nicholls, loved it! Read it before the movie comes out.

I think the next one I start will be Roses are Red, by James Patterson, not sure what I'm in the mood for yet.
  • FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options

I'll look for your book, Funk. It sounds like something I'd like.

Thanks! Appreciate it! :flowerforyou:
  • FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention that while I'm reading Bright Shiny Morning at work, I'm also reading Stephen King's Tommyknockers at home (For about the 20th time, have all his books and read them to tatters!) and also Change of Altitude by Anita Shreeve, having a harder time with that one, but my mom recommended it, so I'm giving it a shot.
  • hopetobethinner
    hopetobethinner Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'am reading sofa to start line. He started out at 27.5 stone and finished up running the great north run at just over 12 stone. Just got to were he had his op. Won't give to much away at least it's given me the incentive to go back to the gym and get started.:smile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    "The Book of Illusions"
    Paul Auster
  • kidakiwi04
    kidakiwi04 Posts: 238
    Options
    I am reading The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger.

One of my absolute favorites. Right now I'm rereading The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, by Steig Larsson.

I also read alot of books about cars to my 2 year old nephew. And not just the movie Cars either but anything car/motorcycle related. Although lately his go to book is Motorcycle: Evolution, Design, Passion by Mick Walker, a book left at my house by an ex. The kid is obessed. I have already said that I won't be the one teaching him how to drive lls :laugh:
  • weightogojen
    Options
    I am currently reading "Rubys Diary" by Ruby Gettinger. Its a GREAT BOOK, I read alot of "Chit Lit" fiction . Thats my very favorite but I sometimes read other stuff. I just finished Fitness for Dummies lol It was helpful :) Anyone else read Chic Lit Novels?
  • weightogojen
    Options
    I started to buy that book, I will get iy now that you said it was good :)
  • allie7383
    Options
    I am currently reading "Rubys Diary" by Ruby Gettinger. Its a GREAT BOOK, I read alot of "Chit Lit" fiction . Thats my very favorite but I sometimes read other stuff. I just finished Fitness for Dummies lol It was helpful :) Anyone else read Chic Lit Novels?

Right here! Though I go back and forth. I love Emily Giffin's books! (Something Borrowed, Something Blue, etc.) I read her latest, I think it was called Home is Where the Heart is, great story. I have a ton laying around. Anyone read/reading the Sookie Stackhouse series? (True Blood's basis)
  • jez838
    jez838 Posts: 216
    Options
    Anyone read/reading the Sookie Stackhouse series? (True Blood's basis)

I read the Sookie Stackhouse novels a long time ago before the series started. Started off pretty good but got boring after a while. Same story over and over. I'd recommend you read her first few anyway. If you like these kind of books try Kelley Armstrong (Romance and Mystery) or Jim Butchers Harry Dresden series (Comedy and Mystery).
  • k2charmed4u
    Options
    I'm reading The Beach by Alex Garland again lol. Excellent book 2nd time i've read it :)
  • allie7383
    Options
    Much agreed Jez, in regards to Sookie.. The first few were great though the last, I'd say 3 have just been dull.