Favorite Chain Restaurant Meal - Under 500

Options

Replies

• Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Chipotle - steak burrito bowl; no rice; black beans; fajita veggies; steak; green tomatillo salsa; romaine lettuce. 350 Calories.

Add either brown rice (additional 160 calories) or guacamole (additional 150 calories) for extra carbs or fat, respectively, and you're at either 510 or 500 cals.

as long as I get the rice, this one always fills me up. Of course it is always better with some Chips and salsa, but that doesn't fit into the parameters of what the OP asked :laugh:

Chips and salsa are one of the very, very few food items I have all but given up during my weight loss efforts -- just too damn costly in terms of cals to make my days work the way I want. I am making do with the burrito bowls and basic street tacos from various taquerias for my Mexican fix, though.
  • collegegirl713
    collegegirl713 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I love this thread first of all! Full of WONDERFUL options. One of my favorite at a sit down restaurant is Ruby Tuesday's Spaghetti Squash Marinara (260 Calories). It is very filling and very delicious and you can add a cup of Chicken tortilla soup for an extra 193 calories. Meal Calorie Total: 453.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Olive Garden Venetian Apricot chicken. Even leaves room for a dolcini dessert if you can push the boat out a little and go to 600 calories.
  • calliekitten9
    calliekitten9 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Most places I go to I aim for protein and veggies. I love getting a petite steak and double veggies. Usually around or under 550.
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Don't eat out much so can't help. But if I were going to go on vacation I would be eating at the local places. You can eat at the chain restaurants anytime.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I concur....definitely the Chicken Spinoccoli at Unos.

Ok question about this... I've ordered it. Guy said it was a meal and came with pasta. The whole thing was like 1200 calories. I was very confused.
  • Bluepopsicle_25
    Bluepopsicle_25 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cubsgirlinny
    cubsgirlinny Posts: 282 Member
    Options
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    Nandos - chicken butterfly, salad, macho peas = 488. With 1/4 chicken it's 313, with 5 chicken wings its 493
  • kcrxgirl
    kcrxgirl Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    For a nice lunch/dinner check out Seasons 52. Everything on their menu is 475 cals or less and the food is yummy.

Not trying to be argumentative, but this only applies to the lunch menu and only if you don't order any sides. Here is a link to the nutritional information.
    http://www.seasons52.com/menu/nutrition.asp#
  • HappyMeLovely
    HappyMeLovely Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    IHOP - Balsamic glazed chicken with steamed broccoli and salad.
  • WhiteGirlWasted13
    WhiteGirlWasted13 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Subway chopped salad with spinach, not iceberg, lots of veggies, no dressing or cheese. I don't like dressing (I think it's weird to put "sauce" on lettuce, but whatever) but if you have to order it with dressing, get it on the side and dip your fork in it before picking up your next bite.
  • bobkat80
    bobkat80 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Wow, great ideas. I've been avoiding eating out because I'm just beginning my weight loss journey, but this showed me that I can do it and stay within my calories. I tried to look online before I went out, but got discouraged because all my old favorites were way too many calories. Thanks for the help!
  • KatieWH
    KatieWH Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    1. Panera - love anything here and agree that the listing of the calories make it super easy to order. my favorite is the thai chicken salad, no wontons, dressings on side. The thai dressing is a little spicy, so if that isn't your thing, I recommend subbing the asian sesame dressing. I forgo the side and it is only 390 but for 90 extra calories you can eat an apple. If you haven't already - check out the 'hidden menu' options. They are all low carb and super delicious. I like the one that comes with chicken, cilantro hummus, spinach and tons of veggies.
    2. Chipotle is also awesome. i love the salad - add chicken, black beans, plenty of pico, faijita veggies and cheese (tell them to go light!) Lots of flavor and VERY filling for less than 500 calories :)
    3. jimmy johns beach club unwich with no mayo. it comes with avocado on it so there is really no need for the mayo. i add extra avocado - only 305 calories!
  • sararay509
    sararay509 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    McDonald's - Premium Chicken Grilled Sandwich No Mayo Add Chipotle bbq sauce, a Side Salad With Low Fat Italian Dressing and a Lg. Diet Coke is only 420 calories.
  • katilynnegray
    katilynnegray Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    bump
  • silveropes
    silveropes Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Caribbean Salad with Grilled Chicken (Chili's) its 620 cals but it take off the chicken and pico.
  • silveropes
    silveropes Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Chipotle Burrito Bowl with chicken, brown rice, pico, medium salsa and black beans -- 505 calories! My favorite :)

Cracker Barrel Peppercorn Steak with broccoli and side salad with vinaigrette -- 430 calories

Both meals are SUPER filling.

omg I big puffy heart you - I thought chipotle was gone forever my burrito was like 2 days worth of cals lol
  • schonsdragon
    schonsdragon Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite lunches out is a bowl of hot and sour soup. A cup of hot and sour soup is about 70 calories so you can have a lot of soup without a lot of calories and for me it is very satisfying especially on cold days. In fact this is what I had for lunch today, about 1.5 cups, because I wanted a light lunch that will hold me because we are also going out tonight and hubby wanted chinese for lunch. Yes I will be hungry by dinner but not starving so I while I will have a heavier meal than normal I will still be within my calories and still in control.

I will second Chipolte's burrito bowl, though I can only eat about 1/2 of one. I have given up most tortillas because they are not worth the calories to me.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Would you like a list? I'm working on a spreadsheet.

spreadsheet_zps4e82d96d.jpg