Replies

• uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    This is getting awkward.
  • Paula038
    Paula038 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Edited because I see the troll has left...
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    In to pay respect to a truly great man who we have lots to learn from

Thank you Mr. Mandela. RIP
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    glad that idiot gave up while he was behind...

anyway its kind of amazing to think how far South Africa has come and a lot of it is the result of one man's actions. you'd think horrible goverments like they used to have would be a thing that you'd read about in history books but i remember the protests, the concerts, the public awareness. it was fascinating to see the momentum build and build and then finally apartheid came crashing down. and thankfully he got to witness it all.
  • V0lver
    V0lver Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    RIP Madiba! The World has lost a beautiful soul today :(
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    In to pay respect to a truly great man who we have lots to learn from

Thank you Mr. Mandela. RIP

+1 RIP to a very great man. I hope that the whole world learns to live by his principles.
  • lynn900
    lynn900 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I live in South Africa, and last night marked a very sad moment in South Africa and the world's history.......

Madiba died.

For Madiba's family and for our Nation its a terrible day...

I am a white person living in South Africa, my family and I we were all born here.. yes SA may be a third world, but u know what, so what, my best friends are black people, my boss is black, all my working colleagues are black and we get on great , we treat each other like we are equals.. we party together. we comfort each other, we try our best to look after each other... we are trying our best to do what Madiba asked !!!!! ... our white grand fathers may have done terrible things in our history, but my family does not believe in it... we did not RUN AWAY from our country like other white people have, we have stayed on to try and make a difference..

In my family I have taught my children that we are all equal no matter what.... we may not live in the best homes or drive the most fantastic cars or are the most wealthy in the world, but in the community where I live in (King Williams Town) we try our best to look after each other.. and thats what Madiba taught us and asked us to do..... there are a lot of hills to climb in our country but Madiba has marked the road out for us..

Please just say a prayer today for our country and help us do what Madiba has asked... Thank you all of you who supported our Madiba... :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • candiceh3
    Options
    He was an amazing man and will be forever admired, for good reasons.

To the haters - eff off. It is a sign of a very weak moral fabric to piss on a dead man's legacy.
  • abheshek
    abheshek Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    RIP Nelson Mandela
  • mrshudson813
    mrshudson813 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I literally just finished reading one of his books the day before he passed away. He was a great man with a great heart and soul. He will be missed. RIP.
  • mrfreestyle
    mrfreestyle Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    A sad day here in South Africa. R.I.P Madiba.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    2VpTRZW.jpg
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    ngi thanda wena

And I hope future South Africans can learn from his example and build a prosperous state free of racism where people live in safety

*that's supposed to be "I love you" in Zulu. (If it's not then either my Zulu speaking former colleagues were having a joke at my expense or I remember it wrong :laugh: ) (BTW yes I know he was Xhosa not Zulu but I don't know how to say anything in Xhosa apart from a feeble attempt to pronounce the word Xhosa)
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    2VpTRZW.jpg

This is beautiful.
  • 123yenta
    Options
    Rest in peace x
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Edit cause I realize I dont want to feed the troll of a sad human being.

Lets not be sad, the spirit of Ntata Madiba will live within all of us if we keep his love, peace and hope alive.
    What an amazing man, he is the face of the voice of freedom.

Celebrate his LIFE and all he did :heart:
  • SrisMyPal
    SrisMyPal Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    ****** RIP Nelson Mandela ******

Dear Nelson Mandela,

"God took you in his loving arms
    He saw you needed rest
    His garden must be beautiful
    For He only takes the best.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family."
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    He and his ilk have left a great tragedy, oops I mean a great legacy, the ANC, the wonderful third world country of SA, you know the one, the one that was the gem of Africa and of course, the way I want to go out necklacing.

There have been more whites and blacks killed since the ANC has taken over in 90s (over 20000) verses when aparteid was present from 1948-1994(less than 6000).

Oh dont forget the bombing he planned to kill children that got him thrown in prison in the first place.

Yeah, a great man. hmmmm

In a public forum you are saying 6,000 people died as a direct result of apartheid from 1948-1994?

can you please give us the weblink from your aryan nation source?

My apologies to the board, the number was 7000.
    If you want to look, check this link out and find it yourself. It’s there.
    http://www.justice.gov.za/trc/

yeah really. I'm not going to entertain your aryan nation BS and click on some site thats engineered for hate filled racists like you.
  • deanjou59
    deanjou59 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    2VpTRZW.jpg

RIP.....and, thank you.