7 months in only lost 34.4lbs, ultimate goal is 115lbs lost

Options
13»

Replies

• 2aycocks
    2aycocks Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I think that sounds great. I've been at this for 9 months and have only lost 20 pounds! I stay pretty much on task with the diet, not straying very far or very often. I didn't even gain weight over Thanksgiving. But my weight loss is very slow. Frustrating at times, but at least it's on the downward spiral instead of going up!

You hang in there. Looks like you are doing a great job! Normal is about 1 pound per week. You have exceeded that!
  • 2aycocks
    2aycocks Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    One more thing. I was told by a trainer that if you are strict with your diet, then you should take a cheat day once in a while. It does something to the metabolism to jump start it again. I still think you are exactly on track. But just a suggestion for those reading this.
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    A digital scale is clutch when it comes to weight loss. If you'd like, I can send you a good digital scale.

I'll take it.

j/k
  • rachelrrl
    rachelrrl Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Seriously a scale is like $20. I'm sure u spend more than that each week on useless things. If u are serious about figuring out weight loss u will find the $20. ???? Sorry somebody had to say it.

I got one, just had a lot of unforeseen expenses with the ice/snow/life haha but I finally got one.
  • rachelrrl
    Options
    Hun give it time.
    I ate my recommended cals (started at 1900 at 291lbs/5'9.5") and I've been consistently losing.

I do HAVE to eat to lose; I will certainly stall if I eat too few cals but I also maintain when I eat at recommended and dont get around to moving as much as I should.

If you're working the program and truly eating majority healthy options, it'll shed.

I know, I've been doing really well this week with the 1800 calories, I just have to keep the momentum going. I also switched my diary around so I eat smaller and more often. Thank you so much for your well wishes and tips.
  • rachelrrl
    Options
    One more thing. I was told by a trainer that if you are strict with your diet, then you should take a cheat day once in a while. It does something to the metabolism to jump start it again. I still think you are exactly on track. But just a suggestion for those reading this.

*nods* I agree, I allow myself a cheat day every now and then (a little too often with the holiday cookies around haha). Thank you, I think I'm just rather impatient.
  • rachelrrl
    Options
    You are losing at a good rate. I know you'll see people losing super fast but most the time they end up with lose skin or skinny fat then have to come back to lifting and working out to try to gain muscle. Slow loss means you'll hold on to that muscle better as well as the skin has more time to snap back and you're body will be getting everything it needs to keep looking good and healthy while you lose. #4.4lbs in 8 months is an amazing accomplishment and you should be soo proud!!! That 34 / 35lbs is now gone forever and you'll keep losing and feeling better each day. =)

My Doctor told me my journey would take at least 20 months. And I'm only losing 80-90 lbs. And he said at the very least!! Meaning I could be at this for 3 years! But it's well worth it for a great, fit, healthy body =D

You've done an amazing job so far congrats and keep up the amazing work!

I know I have a long journey ahead of me, weight loss takes a lot of time and a lot of effort. I know I have at least 2-3 years to shed the weight I want to shed and I know I've accomplished a huge feat just changing my lifestyle and shedding 34 lbs. Thank you so much and good luck on your weight loss journey as well.
  • rachelrrl
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the food scale advice, I got one and am pleased with it thus far.
  • shafa4321
    shafa4321 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Maaan, send me one! :P

You've lost 70lbs without a scale?
    So good I cannot believe how much did i pay for same thing in WW store . overpaid
    For future reference, is there one you would recommend?
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003E7AZQA/ref=oh_details_o09_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Purchased this one from Amazon for $15. It works like a charm. Weighing everything accurately will change your logging completely.:flowerforyou:
  • LaLa482
    LaLa482 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the food scale advice, I got one and am pleased with it thus far.

This should make a difference because until you measure you have no idea how many calories you are really eating. Good luck! :)