Do you feel bad when you miss your workout/cardio session?

Options
124»

Replies

• splitaces
    Options
    i hate missing days it makes me feel very lazy
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    No. Doesn't bother me. I haven't done a "workout" since spring when the farm work started.
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I do. It actually messes with my head even though I know it isn't a big deal and I need rest days. Unless I'm ill, I always do something, even if it's something small.

Besides the head game, I don't think it's a bad habit, per se, but it's kind of annoying to not just...relax.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    FOR SURE!!, but i try not to, i go 7 days a week, no matter what,,, just lessen it
  • SbetaK
    SbetaK Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I definitely feel like a slacker when I miss my routine exercises. A few years agp I did a polar bear jump on New Year's and sadly broke my ankle. Had to have surgery and get screws in it. I was really frustrated because I was in great shape and regularly attended a high intensity aerobics class. So.....I did sit-down upper waist movements/stretches, exercised my good leg, did recommented PT movements on my broken leg, and as soon as I had a walking cast I went to my aerobics class and did everything I could that didn't put weight or bad moves on my bad ankle. Worked like a charm. Guess I just had to do something-it helped me feel better. I laugh now about my quest to keep in shape then.
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I feel bad in the sense that I like the way my body feels after a workout. I don't get that feeling from doing something else. I like having my workouts somewhat scheduled. In previous years my schedule was chaos, dealing with one crisis after another, so knowing what I'll be doing to make myself healthier is great. That being said, I don't feel guilty if life gets in the way, because there are plenty of ways to get a workout in.

Right now I feel bad (not guilty, just sad I guess) because I can't swim for a few more weeks and I really miss the water.
  • gmoneycole
    gmoneycole Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    YES!
  • spmcavoy1
    spmcavoy1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Not if I miss one, but I'm a snow-ball type person. One missed session will turn into 2 or 3 or more.... I start to get mentally and physically tired. When I work out, I have more energy, and when I slack off, I get more lethargic.

I usually go in the morning and it gets it out of the way. For me, its just a matter of getting in the door.
  • RileyEli11
    Options
    Yes funny how we are so different but yet we think alike and we feel alike. Today will be a GREAT DAY TO PUNISH MY BODY AND HEAL MY MIND from the workout I missed. I'll keep y'all posted I'll be going today to Planet Fitness :)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i dont feel bad when i miss cardio because ppffft it's just cardio and not something that excites me.
    weight training on the other hand i HATE having to miss those and will try to find ways around it, even it means working out early or at lunch
  • RileyEli11
    Options
    I don't know what happen. Just came back from Planet Fitness and did a whole body workout with 30 min of cardio at 6mph. I guess that rest day made a huge difference that I could finish my cardio strong and I was jamming. I wonder if people was like who the hell be all happy to do cardio..LOL..:)
  • janessafantasma
    janessafantasma Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I don't care at all. I feel nothing when I miss a workout, I just don't care that much. I'm not interested in being super fit, just healthier.
  • RileyEli11
    Options
    I don't care at all. I feel nothing when I miss a workout, I just don't care that much. I'm not interested in being super fit, just healthier.

GOOD FOR YOU :)
  • CubicalF13
    CubicalF13 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Yes i feels bad. :( but i make up for it the following day. :)
  • CompressedCarbon
    CompressedCarbon Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Yes, because of work, tonight I'm sitting at a desk instead of running away from my problems. I'd much rather be running. Or lifting things and throwing them back down.
  • janessafantasma
    janessafantasma Posts: 312 Member
    Options

GOOD FOR YOU :)

Thanks, this was something I had to learn though...I used to emotionally beat myself up for my failings when it came to my health, lots of self shaming. I'm also admittedly lazy, but at least I know it.
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options

Yes actually recovery, Why I didn't look at it like that? I guess I was all caught up to me loosing this body fat that I forgot to also take it easy I'm old..lol.. Well I hope you will do great at opening night and please keep me/us posted on that :) BREAK A LEG

A few little whoopsies here and there....not mine though, so at least there's that. lol
  • RileyEli11
    Options
    No. Doesn't bother me. I haven't done a "workout" since spring when the farm work started.

Farm workout you said..WOOOW...that should be extra workout ++...that's the real workout no joke
  • CharChary
    CharChary Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    What do you mean? Like a day you had PLANNED to go or a day off period? Because if it's a planned one, sometimes I do. But you need rest days to rejuvenate or you can hurt yourself.