Made it to Onederland ! 70 lbs in 6 months , pics included .

Options
13»

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I'd be curious if your body would react the same to cola with regular sugar versus high fructose corn syrup.
    All I know is: everyone's happier when I avoid HFCS. It causes my blood sugar to swing like crazy and causes me major cravings.

Congrats again!
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'd be curious if your body would react the same to cola with regular sugar versus high fructose corn syrup.
    All I know is: everyone's happier when I avoid HFCS. It causes my blood sugar to swing like crazy and causes me major cravings.

Congrats again!

I try to avoid most sugars , as well as most carbs ...but Carbs are in so many things .. bread,potatoes, sweets ...soda ....all make me crave so much more sweets and carbs I was always feeling hungry when I ate those things . I cut them all out as much as possible . I eat dessert once a week - except for sherbert pushups mmmm I love them . I use stevia in my coffee.

I don't generally have any cravings anymore , except during my TOM .. and I just do the best I can during those couple of days ...
  • aggieanne04
    aggieanne04 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    love, love, love :)
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    Congartulations on your success. That's an awsome accomplishment in such little time!
    I'm just baffled as to what is the " North Slope "? I'm a south Floridian and never heard of the place.
    Thanks in advance.

The North Slope is where they have the Alaska pipeline and oil production . It's kind of like driving through Freeport Texas with all the oil refineries everywhere and nothing else. Everything is either for the pipeline or a supporting company . so no resturants , movies or anything . We stay in " camps " which are kind of like hotels but they are mostly made out of what I call storage containers lol there's a name for them but I don't remember ... Of course it's very cold it can get to 60 below but not always .. in the winter it's usually 10 or 20 below 0 . summer time for a couple of months its usually 45-60 degrees ... its ok though .

the name of the " town" is either Deadhorse or Prudhoe Bay for some reason it has two names lol but it's the same place. I fly to work every three weeks from Anchorage . You can drive but it word take 2 days ... I am a Licensed Practical Nurse and I work for a company that does Drug testing as well as hearing tests and lung and respirator testing for the oil companies employees .

Amy,
    You are just so very awesome. I had to give up soda too, but it wasn't my only issue so while that helped me before, I gained the weight back. Hopefully with MFP logging and friends like you, I won't have to lose the same lbs again.

Love hearing your story it is very inspirational.

Stay warm I am whining because it has been about -15 last few nights, can not image what it is like up there.

My husband actually has been to that part of the world, he worked on a NCAR scientific research project in the Arctic Circle for 3 months.

Here is to your further success! :drinker:
  • Naaer
    Naaer Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    You look terrific! And happy!

Reaan
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great. And to think it started with you cutting just one thing out of your diet. It's the baby steps that matter.
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Keep it up.

:flowerforyou:
  • changingmystory77
    Options
    Wonderful! You look great!
  • elleboroughs
    Options
    That's awesome! Great job. You should be very proud of yourself.
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    you look beautiful. its going to be so much fun to get shocked reactions from family/friends you havnt seen in a while. great work girl
  • rejordan
    rejordan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK SO HAPPY AND GETTTING MORE FIT BY THE DAY!!! AWESOME JOB!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!