Dallas has an ice storm and I took some pics.

Options
124»

Replies

• pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    You brave soul... I've been huddled in my apartment for days because it's too cold! Beautiful photos!
  • RyanJK85
    RyanJK85 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Awesome pics!
  • PaulRButler
    Options
    Outstanding photos. We don't get icestorms in the UK (mostly overcast, grey and drizzly ... but enough about the summers!). They're fascinating.:smile:
  • BigD06
    BigD06 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    A little prep and this mess in Dallas wouldn't even be an issue....smdh.....
  • hopefaithlove24
    hopefaithlove24 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Amazing pictures, you are great at taking pics!!!
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Beautiful pics! A girlfriend of mine shared pictures of her daughter playing in the frozen bird bath :laugh:
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    What beautiful pictures! You are a very talented photographer, thank you for sharing! :flowerforyou:
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Beautiful pictures!
  • pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Really one of the few refreshing and enjoyable threads here.

Thank you! I could always help it fit in by asking people if they would rather "frame, throw away, french kiss, bar brawl with, or marry" my photos. ;)

Thanks for the positive comments everyone. You know how to make a gal feel nice :D
  • pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I just had to give this a quick bump to show what happened to my balcony as a result of this storm.

This picture I took in the morning, of the ice sheet very slowly sliding off the roof of my apartment building. You can't tell from the photos but the ice blocks are a good 6 inches thick. Management had sent out notices warning residents about falling ice.

balconyice.jpg

In the afternoon I heard a loud crashing sound and looked outside to see this. The ice ripped through my awning, knocked my hanging plant to the sidewalk below, and snapped my potted tree in half.

balconyice2.jpg

It was pretty crazy, but of course it's better for my balcony to get wrecked than some random bystander on the sidewalk outside of my building. :p