Are women interested in men with muscles?

Options

Replies

• MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I love my abs.

Show me so I can love them too... :tongue: :tongue: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I like some amount of muscle, but it's not a deal breaker if he has more or less than what I like. For instance, I tend to date men who are unusually tall or short for no other reason than geeky guys who share my interests tend to fall outside the normal male body types. In short, I have my preferences but I'll never turn down a good person who shares my interests because he's too muscular.
  • kjg1965297
    Options
    Why do all these very sexy healthy and fit women say muscles don't matter because when I was large no one ever looked at me and now they do when I am now in fairly good shape. I think some women might be lying because or that is what you are suppose to say.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Why do all these very sexy healthy and fit women say muscles don't matter because when I was large no one ever looked at me and now they do when I am now in fairly good shape. I think some women might be lying because or that is what you are suppose to say.
    Because you have this dismal outlook.
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    You can be tall, dark, and handsome, but if you open your mouth, and "dumb" falls out... FORGET IT!...all is lost from there.

It is nice to know you take care of yourself, but being able to carry on a valid conversation, and being able to laugh at the small stuff instead of "raging out over it", being thoughtful of others, and understanding, is always more important to me at least.
  • BossLadyDSimp
    BossLadyDSimp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    This is really still going?!?!

welcome to the MFP forums

yikes

50540473.png
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Because you have this dismal outlook.

Because they are lying.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

probably lying lets face it people want attractive and if you aren't in the middle of the bell curve whether male or female you only are attractive to those who prefers looks outside of the norm. Life isn't fair just the way it is.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    We look for people who are the best looking to mate with to have good looking healthy babies.
  • kneega
    kneega Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Nope girls do not like muscle they like cars and money all that personality and be funny stuff is BS
  • kittyd7015
    kittyd7015 Posts: 4,546 Member
    Options
    yes lol
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options

Size does matter.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options

Because there is a big difference between being obese, (not saying that you were), and being at a healthy weight, but not obsessed with a competition body builder physique.

I would dare say that most women like for men to have enough muscles to be able to move furniture around and carry them out of a burning house, if need be.
    We also might look at pics of body builders and admire their hard work they put into getting that chiseled body. But when it comes down to dating, living with, or marrying a man, we usually choose someone who is a bit more well-rounded in general, and has more to offer than chiseled abs.
    I dated a semi-pro BB many years ago, and altho he was pretty to look at, all he ever talked about was body-building related subjects, and he was constantly comparing his body to other BBs. He was the most insecure man I have ever known, and had to have as many women drooling over him as he could. The required constant affirmation of how good he looked, got old very quickly. He also hated that I had better calves than he did, so would frequently point out my flaws to compensate.

For most men to get to that point physically, their number one focus has to be on themselves. This doesn't make for a very good relationship with their women.
    It also has gone past the point of looking good for women, and has become a competition with other men.

So moderation is a good thing.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Do I want someone who is rock hard and bulgy and veiny? No.

Do I want someone who is not lazy and has a similar activity level as me? Yes.
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Ummmm.... well of course. We need someone to be able to pick us up and throw us over his sholder. :wink:
  • KayNowayJose
    KayNowayJose Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    My female friend told me women are very peculiar. You could be a stud with a great personality etc but they still may not like you.
    It's all about the pheromones

Best response ever

:-P
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    No, I very well doubt most women do. It is just disgusting.
    My goal is to get disgusting though.

Go ahead and get disgusting :wink:
  • KayNowayJose
    KayNowayJose Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    image_zps8a41306c.jpg

This just shows to me how different body types makes a difference. My fiance is @ 12% and looks NOTHING like that. He is lean. I'm assuming its because he doesn't LIFT, but he plays sports. He's lean with some muscles, versus bulging with them.